Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Just got this crazy idea. Healing concecration

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Healing effect on consicration should ONLY be for holy paladins. Even suggesting that prot should have it... Prot has their job covered.

Seriously ...

Prot are tanking
    Ret are dpsing
    Holy is healing

Now... if rets wanna be healing AND DPSing at the same time.... It wont work

If healing the you will do less dmg. So now what want retadins to do?

Basicly rets should NOT be able to judgle light - and they should NOT be able to use any healing effect. For the full duration of expansion rets complained that they had to heal instead to do dmg. SO... How about doing that ? ...
    Then we would be exactly like warrior....
    Holy Protection or Retribution we are still PALADIN

yeah i have thought about this too quite a bit! i like it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerio
    Then we would be exactly like warrior....
    Holy Protection or Retribution we are still PALADIN
    Way to go saying that all specs in a class are the same.

Not every spec is the same within each class. If you suggesting they are, then you might as well say a shadow priest can heal decently in a group. Or even say that a fury warrior can tank. Suggesting such a thing proves how well you know that class.

Prot paladins are meant for tanking, period. They don't have the spec to heal decently. I mean they get out five Holy Light heals before going OOM. They need to focus more getting and keeping threat, than healing. They are not meant to sit there and spam heals to heal party members. If they are then they would have spec HOLY. The same thing goes for ret paladins. They are dps and focus more on damage, than healing. Why would they concern themselves with healing? It takes away from their main purpose. So it matters on what spec you want to add this affect to.

This wouldnt not be intended to heal themselves but a group standing near them. Ofc this would result in healing themselves aswell but still not the primary use.

Giving this ability to holy paladins would give a bit more flavor to their style of playing aswell.

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

This is a good talent, for holy paladin.

A damn site better than 10% spell haste.

To those who say it is similar to holy nova- Your wrong. This targets and AREA of the field, and can be cast and forgotten about. It would play out for very tactical play in arenas, expecially with the new knockback skills.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAkillys

Not every spec is the same within each class. If you suggesting they are, then you might as well say a shadow priest can heal decently in a group. Or even say that a fury warrior can tank. Suggesting such a thing proves how well you know that class.

Prot paladins are meant for tanking, period. They don't have the spec to heal decently. I mean they get out five Holy Light heals before going OOM. They need to focus more getting and keeping threat, than healing. They are not meant to sit there and spam heals to heal party members. If they are then they would have spec HOLY. The same thing goes for ret paladins. They are dps and focus more on damage, than healing. Why would they concern themselves with healing? It takes away from their main purpose. So it matters on what spec you want to add this affect to.
    I'm not saying all specs are the same(is that why there are 3?)But he was talking about taking healing spells away from prot and ret.Of course prot don't really need it since they have healers.But for PvP ret (which I am) I still use holy light why wouldn't I if the conditions are right and it'll me win?Plus I'm not a"do all damage and pretend im a warrior"paladin.I know what class I picked.A paladin not a warrior, shaman, rogue,etc. So I know that yes even being ret I have spells that are able to help my teammates.So after I finish a fight(or even stopping one in progress)I throw my allies a weak but probally needed(if ret is healing)holy light,cleanse or anything else that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAkillys

oh and btw I do know my class well enough to know it shouldn't be all out ret dps they gave us spells to help other people for a reason.

Your idea is great, just needs some fine tuning to what it should be like.

If blizz were to ever do an idea like that, it should be more like this

Consectration: Concecrates the ground, dealing XXX - XXX damage and healing all allies within the radius for 10% of their total health every second, debuffing the player for 60 seconds, restricting the player from the healing effect. Lasts X seconds (amount of time that the spell stays.)

Of course the spell would give players a 60 second debuff that would keep the paladins from using that as their main healing spell to accommodate all players in the raid. This would be that last resort skill, and could have talents that increase the Health Restoration % or the debuff time reduction, that are located in the Holy Tree. 5 talent points that increase the healing power by 1/2/3/4/5% or reduce the debuff time by 2/4/6/8/10 seconds on each player.

This would in turn help raid heals out, a lot. 10% of your health (without talent) would be great for encounters like the ZG Bat Boss, where players stupidly stand in the fires, and paladins would be able to drop the consecration on the ground and player would be able to regenerate some health, while bandaging. 15% would help the tank out in Gruul's Layers where he/she needs to be 'Over healed'. Since it is on Concecration, and not a core talent/base talent in any of the trees, it would take away the idea of needed talents, but in turn making paladins a much wanted character in raids. So in a way, it would be great, just another needed ability players would use. But then again, no one know how far certain classes are needed in the expansion.
    If you don't chew Big Red... That is fine.

So what you're suggesting is an 80% heal over the full duration to everyone in the radius?

Word.