Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Any word on re-implimenting PvP titles?

My shamans my newest alt so he never got the chance to go for titles. I think the majority of us agree that titles wouldn't be a bad idea to bring back.

So has Blizzard said anything about bringing the PvP titles back?

Re: Any word on re-implimenting PvP titles?

I highly doubt they'll bring back the old titles - they are still a nice reminisence of the old times, and we put a lot of effort into them.
    Maybe some new titles, but for sure not the old ones - its not their fault you started playing wow too late :P:P

alliance shamans have to stay without a title, who cares...

i hope they never bring them back.
    It's just a game.

I wouldn't mind if they brought them back in a different way. Not sure how they could do it, but the grinding aspect of the titles sucked big time. Most HWL/GM folks had a team of people playing their characters, and most of them don't know how to ACTUALLY pvp. Out of all the HWL people on one of the servers I played on, only one of them was a skilled pvper, and is capable of getting 2200 arena teams. The rest are retarded rejects who can't break 1600.

I'm glad they removed the "First to 80" titles for the same reason. People will just have a team of people running their character to 80 so they can be the first and wave their epeen around. /eyeroll

Whatever floats their boat, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account

The old pvp titles won't come back since they are part of the feats of strength achievements.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahima
    I wouldn't mind if they brought them back in a different way. Not sure how they could do it, but the grinding aspect of the titles sucked big time. Most HWL/GM folks had a team of people playing their characters, and most of them don't know how to ACTUALLY pvp. Out of all the HWL people on one of the servers I played on, only one of them was a skilled pvper, and is capable of getting 2200 arena teams. The rest are retarded rejects who can't break 1600.

I'm glad they removed the "First to 80" titles for the same reason. People will just have a team of people running their character to 80 so they can be the first and wave their epeen around. /eyeroll

Whatever floats their boat, I guess.
    those retarded rejects just dont like arena
    i was r14 pre tbc
    in tbc , after arena came out i seriously cant be arsed to sit in there
    it doesnt have that spark which bg's had and still i havent found anything mroe fun than good rpemade vs premade fight pre tbc
    i had 2100 ratings in s3 but who cares...was doing those sucky 10 games cause i couldnt get proper gear by actaully having fun ...i hate pve and only thing that is fun to me is battleground pvp and world pvp ...
    rest of ppl from my premade pre tbc , w/o counting 2, hate arena and they simply cba to play it ...they settle on 10 games a week with completly random setup
    so dont judge ppl by ratings cause arena simply sucks donkey balls for most of oldschool players
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

welp dyo it looks like they are kinda changing that around. it looks like ( talking in curant terms here ) s2 will still be in bg. just your normal honor grind. s3 will go to wintergrasp rewards. ( as hinted at by bliz ) and s4 would still be the arena gear.

it looks like bliz is figuring out that only 25% or so of the axual world of warcraft comunity likes arena over bg ( not skill like but axualy like because its fun ). so it looks like they are going to give a way to work and earn better gear threw a diffrent kind of pvp not just the damn 2v2 3v3 or 5v5 teams. and lets be honest here, anyone who played beffor bc ( i am one of those with a pvp title on my main toon while not high because i didnt get started untill i hit 51 ) would love to see another masive pvp area ( they messed up av to the point i dont realy play it anymore ) supprisingly i use warsong for my long epic fights now and that is just sad.

imo no the bg pvp titals wont come back. however they are making new titals you can earn threw pvp ( as you can see by all the new titals that they are bringing out ). and god i hope the new pvp zone is better than halaa.

Meliancill, would it kill you to spell correctly?

i am dislexic. if you dont like how i spell then dont read my posts. simple as that.

EDIT: you made a new acount just to say that? damn i must have an affect on people.

Re-implementing them....what for?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    My shamans my newest alt so he never got the chance to go for titles. I think the majority of us agree that titles wouldn't be a bad idea to bring back.

So has Blizzard said anything about bringing the PvP titles back?
    The old honor system is gone and is not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    i am dislexic. if you dont like how i spell then dont read my posts. simple as that.

EDIT: you made a new acount just to say that? damn i must have an affect on people.
    A.) Reading badly written posts makes it more difficult to read.

B.) Poorly written posts make whatever you said carry that much LESS weight.

C.) If you refuse to acknowledge mistakes it truly makes you look even more stupid. If english isn't your first language, then so be it. I believe firefox has spell check built right into the system...I suggest it for you.

As for somebody who has played pre-BC and was a bloodguard, well I enjoy the titles I have earned but my new characters are different. To be honest the ranks didn't really make a great big difference since as people have said a majority of GM/HWLs were played by teams of people OR by a team in general, where a student or person with excessive amounts of time used a group of 5-10 to simply hammer groups until they reached their desired status.

And to make a comment about PvP skill, frankly if every class was designed to be able to stand up in direct line of sight we'd all wear plate and be called roguwarrdins. For the rest of us who use Line of Sight and other such PVP tools, we need them or we'll simply be fodder for the direct LoS classes.

Xeranar don`t start that. He is emo kid who will propably go pm admin if you say anything he gets offended. Must admit he is pretty smart chap for being 12-years old.

lol and what do you want me to do. run every single post i do threw word and spell check them all. if you have a problem with what i wright then just dont read it. and no mater how it is spelled what i say is no less wright or wrong.

imo the person making acounts on forums just to flame about spelling is the person who is being the problem not the person who has ben on this forums since beta started. so excuse me if i dont beleve that my spelling is cuasing that much of a problem.

as for the topic at hand. i do not think that the old raiting will be coming back. but i see all this talk about skills. a game is fun imo. if you dont play for fun why play. refer back to my original post for the reasons i think they wont be bringing back the old ranks.

Do you know how retarded some of you sound when talking about sucking or being good at pvp?

Do you think people just are born with great skills or does reality ever trickle in and make you realize everyone sucks until they get better.

WoW.

OT: if i see someone write badly spelled posts i get sick of reading them and just skip reading that as atleast i think post written badly is both annoying and harder to read, takes more time to process the errors.

if you were marketing a product and spellt badly less people would buy that because the common belief is that if you cant spell properly you might be bad at everything else. and on forums you are kinda marketing your own opinions and if you want them to be read by a bigger audience you have to spell correctly, but thats up to you.

this is nothing personal, it applies to everyone, me, those who doesnt have english as first language, is dyslectic etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Xeranar don`t start that. He is emo kid who will propably go pm admin if you say anything he gets offended. Must admit he is pretty smart chap for being 12-years old.
    In which case his other point is quite valid :
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranar
    C.) If you refuse to acknowledge mistakes it truly makes you look even more stupid. If english isn't your first language, then so be it. I believe firefox has spell check built right into the system...I suggest it for you.
    Google (and safari) have build in spellcheckers.
    If the red lines still don't tell you enough to be comprehensible he can always just not post.

Everyone makes mistakes, we're only human after all. But claiming you're dyslexic and then refuse to edit or try to improve yourself where there's plenty of room to do so is just lazy.

I wouldn't mind it. I need more titles. As long as they don't make it some retardly long grind.

wintergrasp has SOME king of pvp titles... i willl live there.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffytuff
    Do you know how retarded some of you sound when talking about sucking or being good at pvp?

Do you think people just are born with great skills or does reality ever trickle in and make you realize everyone sucks until they get better.

WoW.
    What I wanna know is what exactly qualifies as skills in WoW? Having the right class, shit loads of UI addons and macros?

If i was blizz I wouldn't allow half the shit they do. Show me a Shaman,Hunter, Pally team who uses the default UI with no addons or macros with a rating above 1800 and that is skill.