Moonkin spec at 80?

So i can't seem to find a decent spec for a balance druid at level 80.

Anyone wanna help me out? I can't have everything i want with other things not being merged (not saying they should be) but i do think omen of clarity is a nice change to have with balance, but i miss out on some stuff in the balance tree. PLOX HALP MEH.

Re: Moonkin spec at 80?

I think this for starting:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...35213305011031

Once you get your mana regen stable i suppose you start switching conservation points into dps points => 1 point dreamstate or intensity for 1 point eclipse.
    Depending on spell haste & your dps cycle you could also switch celestial focus for improved insect swarm, or is this a wrong assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeandotheradventures
    So i can't seem to find a decent spec for a balance druid at level 80.

Anyone wanna help me out? I can't have everything i want with other things not being merged (not saying they should be) but i do think omen of clarity is a nice change to have with balance, but i miss out on some stuff in the balance tree. PLOX HALP MEH.
    PVP or Raiding?

Its been a few beta patches since ive messed with the talent calculator, so ill make one of each setting. I just threw these together, so im sure they can be improved on, greatly.

PVE:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...35213305000051

*Edit: Now that i think about it, theres no reason to have more than 4 points into Earth and Moon. Hell, maybe even no more than 3.

PVPL
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...35210035011251

a Amazing PvE build when you have a lock in the party.. mainly for 10 man stuff...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...35213035311001

and if you dont think eclipse is good enough....

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...35213035311001

almost hit capped with no gear lol could gem for straight Spell Power

Quote Originally Posted by joshzoladz
    almost hit capped with no gear lol could gem for straight Spell Power
    With balance of power you cant be resisted by mobs of the same level, but you are still 12% from hit capped.

As said, it depends on what you're doing. It also depends on who you're grouped with, if you have a regular group. I'll go with raid.

Consider the following:
    Improved Faerie Fire: 3% spell hit (does NOT stack with a shadow priest's Misery)
    Improved Moonkin Form: 3% spell haste (does NOT stack with a ret pally's Swift Retribution)
    Earth and Moon: 13% spell damage (does NOT stack with an afflic lock's Malediction, but does free up a curse slot).
    Ideally, you'll only have to pick up two of those, maybe even only one. I'd go with ImpMoonkin and EnM myself, because that's more useful in 5-mans (plus, being a shadow priest, I've alway got that 3% hit covered).

Another thing to look at is mana talents. You have several options:
    Moonglow - Reduce mana cost of (primary) DPS spells by 9% (55mp5 per point at 70)
    Dreamstate - Turn 12% of your intellect into mp5
    Omen of Clarity - 2ppm for a free spell (worth 45mp5 at 70, more at 80)
    Intensity - 30% of spirit regen while casting
    Glancing through the Naxx stuff released to far and outfitting a moonkin with it, I'm coming up with Dreamstate worth about 37mp5 per point and Intensity about 38mp5, despite less than half of the gear having spirit, and Intensity scales better with buffs as long as some spirit is still on the gear. With that, we can (very roughly) come up with Moonglow > Omen of Clarity > Intensity > Dreamstate.

What I ended up with was something along the lines of this. Points could be shifted out of Intensity if mana doesn't turn out to be an issue, in order to grab things like Improved Moonfire or Genesis. I skipped out on these two because of little damage they contribute compared to Wrath or Starfire (though I did guess on that Nature's Splendor were more useful than either of those two).

Also, spell hit cap is only 9% now, not 16% + 1% that you cant' get rid of.
    EDIT: You could also drop 1-2 points out of EnM, I forgot that it was a chance to apply and not an increased modifier. Going down to 3 points might be cutting it a bit close with Starfire, but is fire with Wrath. If you're using Starfire, might want to stay at 4 just to make sure it doesn't drop.
    EDIT2: I didn't get Owlkin Frenzy because you don't get hit *that* often in raids. Only a 15% chance for 3 talents in a place where you should only be getting hit once every minute or so is pretty sucky. PvP, 5-mans, or solo'ing though, sure.

As an aside, that 1% hard-coded chance to miss is being abolished in WotLK, you'll be able to achieve 100% hit.

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    Also, spell hit cap is only 9% now, not 16% + 1% that you cant' get rid of.
    I got 16% from wowwiki, where does it say it only requires 9%?

Isfreak is right about the fact that your spec will depend on the group youre going with, the raid helping talents will be more useful in 10 mans than in 25s im guessing, or if peeps start min/maxing again you might have to specifically spec according to your guilds roster, otherwise why waste points in faerie fire and EnM when another class that has to use those points already has it covered, blizz did make mention in a blue post that mana regen will be a bigger issue in Wotlk than it was in BC for all casters so all of the mana conserving points you can get might be worth it if it holds true for boomies like it has mostly in the past, so ill prolly be chalking yet another point into resto to get omen of clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    I got 16% from wowwiki, where does it say it only requires 9%?
    WotLK

I'm looking at something like this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...35213305201041

There's a lot of bloat on Balance, and considering you'll want to spend 16 points in Resto, you have to be careful about your talent placement. Still, as Isfreak wisely put it, there are many talents you can take that won't stack with other abilities from other raid members. The build I linked assumes a 10-man raid build, in which you'd rather take all the raid utility talents (Imp Faerie Fire, Imp Moonkin Form, and Earth and Moon); in case you can free up some of those raid utility talents, or some mana conservation talents, then you can spend those other points on Gale Winds, Imp Insect Swarm, Celestial Focus or Imp Moonfire.

A couple points on why this build differs from others posted previously:
    - Nature's Splendor > Improved Moonfire. Those 3 points in Nature's Splendor give more damage to Moonfire than the 2 points in Imp Moonfire, plus Nature's Splendor also buffs Insect Swarm.
    - Typhoon seems pretty awful for PvE, unlike Hurricane and Starfall; if I had two more points to spend, they'd definitely go in Gale Winds.
    - It doesn't seem necessary to max out Earth and Moon or Eclipse to get all the damage you can out of those talents; the 2 min CD seems to be more restrictive than the activation chance for Eclipse at 2 points (40% chance of activation on a crit (assuming 40% crit chance) means a 16% chance of activation per spell, or about 6 spells per activation on average), and the fifth point on Earth and Moon would be just to make certain that the debuff is on after your first spell on a target; you can easily keep the debuff up with an 80% refresh chance per spell.
    - Celestial Focus and Imp Insect Swarm are decent talents, but as far as damage talents go, they're weaker than all the others taken by this build.

Sry if my EN is bad.

I'll do PVE :
    http://www.wow-europe.com/fr/info/ba...00000000000000

muste show if Dreamstate 1/3 is enought but today we can read that items in naxx 10 have A LOT of spirit so...

Eclipse 2/3 : I'll do some wrath to have Imp Starfire crit proc very nice... for me better than Celest focus.

imp FF 0/3 : normal

Ok it's not 100% opti and I think this one is better : http://www.wow-europe.com/fr/info/ba...00000000000000
    But I love my treants !!

Quote Originally Posted by Taznak
    A couple points on why this build differs from others posted previously:
    - Nature's Splendor > Improved Moonfire. Those 3 points in Nature's Splendor give more damage to Moonfire than the 2 points in Imp Moonfire, plus Nature's Splendor also buffs Insect Swarm.
    Not necessarily true. With the glyph that extends moonfire duration on starfire hit, there will be no need to refresh moonfire, therefore a longer base moonfire duration will not save you a few gcds. For insect swarm, though I don't have the exact number, it's generally considered a dps loss to cast insert swarm (only for -hit). This being said, it's not hard to have points in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Taznak
    - Celestial Focus and Imp Insect Swarm are decent talents, but as far as damage talents go, they're weaker than all the others taken by this build.
    Not true. Your build has eclips which is such a terrible talent. Considering 100% up time, it averages out to be 2.5% dmg or2.5% crit. Improve IS is constant 3% dmg or crit. Celestial focus is 3% constant haste. No matter how you look at them, both are better than eclips.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tymir
    WotLK
    No it doesn't. What it says is no cap at 16% anymore, ie the ability to go up to 17% and eliminate all resists.
    While the 9% thing might have been true at some early point in the alpha/beta while they were merging stats, it has been proved false for the recent and current builds.

Quote Originally Posted by gonewild
    Not true. Your build has eclips which is such a terrible talent. Considering 100% up time, it averages out to be 2.5% dmg or2.5% crit. Improve IS is constant 3% dmg or crit. Celestial focus is 3% constant haste. No matter how you look at them, both are better than eclips.
    2 talent points for 2.5% damage is better than 3 talent points for 3% haste imo. Also, Eclipse is actually better than 2.5% extra damage, for the same reason the fire mage's Molten Fury is better than 4% extra damage; 10% extra damage 25% of the time stacks better with other temporary damage buffs, such as trinkets.

Actually the 2.5% number is for 3 talent points, 2 comes out close to 2% I believe.
    You're way better off just taking one point, that gives 1.6% more or less the little extra from more points in it are wasted.