Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Naxx-10 Loot, Season 4 Drake, Blue posts

Lack of blue posts ... CMs hinting at PTR soon ... The week is almost starting to look interesting. Stay tuned ?

Naxxramas Loot List Update
    The Naxxramas loot list has been updated with two new items, including a 2 Hand Axe dropping from Kel'thuzad.
    Helmet of the Inner Sanctum (Mail - Spell - Head)
    Death's Bite (K) (Weapons - Melee - 2H Axe)

Arena Season 4 - Brutal Gladiator Nether Drake
    For some reasons, the latest build of WotLK beta introduced the model of the season 4 flying mount in the game files. Below is the first preview of the Brutal Nether Drake.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mana regeneration "too good" in beta
    Nobody seems to be having problems with mana in Naxx right now (maybe Ret pallies), but I think that's because regen is too good across the board. I wouldn't use that experience (yet) to determine that you have enough Spirit. (Source)

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8905))
    Lack of crit on Nax 10 Gear
    Most casters are going to have a lot of Spirit on their gear, but we'll see if we can get you some more crit. (Source)

Mage (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8905))
    Mana regeneration as a mage
    I hear your concerns about Spirit (and the Moonkin ones too) and it's something we are discussing. We don't really expect a mage to stand around waiting for FSR to kick in often. I was trying to stress that casters were sort of allowed to opt out of worrying about mana in order to just do more damage throughout a lot of BC. But managing mana is supposed to be a part of playing the class well. You have some mana related tools already, and we will discuss talents that benefit Spirit or else trying to strip some off the gear.

Fire Tree Feedback
    Please use this thread to consolidate any feedback you have on the Fire tree. Which talents do you like? Which ones are disappointing? Which would be fine with a numbers tweak? (Source)

Frost Tree Feedback
    Please use this thread of course to post any feedback on your own Frost tree. Comments on which talents are fun, which ones are confusing and which ones you'd never get are all welcome. It's fine to mention talents in other trees that you like to cross-spec into, but try to keep to the topic of the thread, because these get a lot of posts. (Source)

Arcane Tree Feedback
    This forum is dedicated to any concerns, issues or feedback you have on the Arcane talents. Please try to keep other topics, damage comparisons to other classes perhaps, in other threads. (Source)

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8905))
    Protection Paladin gear changes (See this news)

Warlock (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8905))
    Metamorphosis Feedback
    While this is not final and could absolutely change, here is what we're thinking about for the new design:
    • You keep your pet.
    • You keep your spells.
    • It buffs spell damage (for that "blow your cooldowns" feel).
    • It buffs mitigation (you could even tank for a bit).
    • It provides the current snare reduction for PvP.
    • You'll still get a few fun demon abilities, but you can just use your normal spells if you'd rather. (Source)

Re: Naxx-10 Loot, Season 4 Drake, Blue posts

I'm putting my money on PTR this week.

Blizz doesn't want Warhammer to come out without any sort of fight. Personally, I thought Blizzard was going to have the bridge patch out before warhammer's release, but I guess that's not how the cards are being drawn.

I'd love to see a ptr, but damn the crowding is going to be ridiculous...
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Is it just me or every arena netherdrake so far looked terrible.
    Hey severance

I'm loving the icon on that new Severance, indeed.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    Blizz doesn't want Warhammer to come out without any sort of fight. Personally, I thought Blizzard was going to have the bridge patch out before warhammer's release, but I guess that's not how the cards are being drawn.
    that don't make sense. many have preorderd warhammer.. many want to test warhammer no matter what.

the trick would be to bring the patch when people have to decide if they want to continue playing after their free month.

I recall seeing a fan-made gladiator's drake, with a red and black texture sometime.

Would be nice if blizzard could implement something like that.

Red and black color schemes are boring after a short while, to me anyway.

I remember the old days when model changing and such was perfectly ok, I had all my Wrath armor reskinned in crimson/charcoal and tired of it pretty quickly.

Having played the beta I'll say Warhammer will not steal away a noticable percentage of WoW's playerbase. The questing is awful, the UI is about as responsive as E.T. for the Atari, and they've been trying to fix mob pathing and pet UI bugs for the past month. The only thing WAR has going for it is the RvR, which is actually somewhat balanced and fun -- compared to WoW. Maybe if we're lucky, it'll get rid of all the "hardcore", point buying, win trading, remake-team-every-week-to-grief-1500's arena players.

Quote Originally Posted by dafire
    that don't make sense. many have preorderd warhammer.. many want to test warhammer no matter what.

the trick would be to bring the patch when people have to decide if they want to continue playing after their free month.
    The preorder crowd can only be so big. If I was blizz I would like to avoid another 1 month interruption like Age of Conan. I personally bought AoC after about a week of it being out because 2 friends were telling me how great it was. They both also bought AoC non-preorder. Just saying, it makes sense, give the WoW fans a taste of the bridge patch be it in PTR, which will last them til the bridge patch release, which will last them til Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mana regeneration "too good" in beta
    Nobody seems to be having problems with mana in Naxx right now (maybe Ret pallies), but I think that's because regen is too good across the board. I wouldn't use that experience (yet) to determine that you have enough Spirit. (Source)

Mage (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8905))
    Mana regeneration as a mage
    I hear your concerns about Spirit (and the Moonkin ones too) and it's something we are discussing. We don't really expect a mage to stand around waiting for FSR to kick in often. I was trying to stress that casters were sort of allowed to opt out of worrying about mana in order to just do more damage throughout a lot of BC. But managing mana is supposed to be a part of playing the class well. You have some mana related tools already, and we will discuss talents that benefit Spirit or else trying to strip some off the gear.

Fire Tree Feedback
    Please use this thread to consolidate any feedback you have on the Fire tree. Which talents do you like? Which ones are disappointing? Which would be fine with a numbers tweak? (Source)

Frost Tree Feedback
    Please use this thread of course to post any feedback on your own Frost tree. Comments on which talents are fun, which ones are confusing and which ones you'd never get are all welcome. It's fine to mention talents in other trees that you like to cross-spec into, but try to keep to the topic of the thread, because these get a lot of posts. (Source)

Arcane Tree Feedback
    This forum is dedicated to any concerns, issues or feedback you have on the Arcane talents. Please try to keep other topics, damage comparisons to other classes perhaps, in other threads. (Source)

That has me slightly concerned. If there is a class that has never had a free ride on its own regarding mana is mages. Probably the most useless class without mana and the one most mana bound - hell, even during leveling the ratio of activity to drinking is quite high. During raids, no SP, no mage.

Spirit is the "boosted" stat in WotLK, like stamina was in BC. Now, mages only benefit from spirit because of mana regen - and actually only arcane mages do that in a significant way, unless they want to lose damage. And arcane is looking a bit bleak atm. So, in the end, Spirit becomes a "meeh, don't like it" stat for mages, like it was during TBC.

Still back to TBC, blues actually sugested (implied) for mages "have mana issues - gear spirit". They actually lost the argument because their knowledge of the class was inferior to the players (the implied "gearing spirit gems" was one of the most stupid sugestions ever... the poor blue got a lot of flak for it - but he diserved it anyway).

The one "free mana" DPS caster is locks, not mages. Which benefited a lot from stamina (double benefit from HP and LT) and now are also going to double dip into spirit (mana and sp dmg) - not bad, from zero to double benefit. Now, if a year or two from now a blue comes and says "the destro lock scaling was higher than expected", we can have a nice laugh of their perceptiveness.

Finally, it seems that they reached the "polish phase" on the mage class.

Deleted

it's kinda because locks get one spell that lets them benefit more from spirit, than we'd do with two...

I'm getting really sick of this whole spirit thing.

That mages need to worry more about mana etc ok, i'm fine with that.

But then let ALL the casters worry about it. And surprise surprise, warlocks don't have to in WotLK. Next to Life Tap their armor now gives 30% of mana regen uring casting on top of their +180 spellpower +spellpower based on a percentage of your spirit.

When it comes to mana problems, all classes solve it by chucking pots. But 1 doesn't.

What a stupid name they gave Severance. Why don't they just give it the same name? Was a cool weapon with a cool name.

Quote Originally Posted by kekek
    What a stupid name they gave Severance. Why don't they just give it the same name? Was a cool weapon with a cool name.
    That seems very obvious to me, doesn't it ?

Naxxramas level 60 was once a part of World of Warcraft. People raided the dungeon and got items from it. Although those items will now 'vanish' from the game by having no opportunity to obtain them anymore, the ones who currently have a version of the 'old' Naxxramas items stocked on their character would, with your suggestion, suddenly gain the level 80 epic version(s) ? :P

That's why all the items from 'the old' Naxxramas, including the item sets, are being renamed. Genius.  :-*

Yeah, and WoW doesnt have mob path issue after what.... 4 years now ? : :

Keep livining in your fanboy world and enjoy your new patch which you gonna pay for... ups, i ment, expansion....

SHAMAN. POLISH. NOW.

Wtb any Shaman love at all that doesnt involve getting redundant talents that are put as space fillers.
    Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall
    Keep livining in your fanboy world and enjoy your new patch which you gonna pay for... ups, i ment, expansion....
    Assuming you are bashing the Warcraft playerbase here in an attempt to 'glorify' one self's opinion about another certain 'market related videogame', might I say that irony is not only being cruel on you but also astounding hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account

Would get abit dissapointed if PTR gets up without a fix for priests - at least in regards to the Grace vs Blessing of Sanctuary issue.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.