Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: No more instant wolf form?

well, shammys had there own gear, it was just terrible because of the int sucking so much item lvl

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester
    I agree with them that it was too much like the iconic Druid travel form though. As long as the replacement isn't nerfed too bad, I'm okay with this.
    laaaaaaaaaaaaaame. been wanting this since the release of wow. Damn "iconic" abilities - you will be kalganized.

If we are to be picky about "Iconic" abilities - we should rip half the talents out of the DK specs for ripping us off.
    In a typical class forum you'd see stuff like "Our mana is the worst," or "Our dps is the worst," or "We don't scale," followed by 10 pages of high-fives. If another class comes in they get told "Your forum is that way ->". //Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Sethketa
    Oh right. Improved Shamanistic Rage. Yes, that would be something worthwhile. But again: Why should we have to pay talents for something the ability should have had from the get go? But eh. There are reasons against it. Just those reasons were given to a totem with a cooldown that can be 1-shot.
    They didn't want to make us like Hunters. Hunters have The Skill Within and now Disengage makes them leap 13 yards away from the player or NPC they are targeting to give them more freedom. Honestly if you can't win with Frost Trap and The Skill Within, you should quit the game.

Lol your kiddin me right? If you mean the tiar gear then you havnt played enhancement long. Tiar gear for Enhancement is a joke its like giving agility to a mage and saying "Oh look you can dodge more now!" thats how useless tiar gear is with its pathethic mana ticks.
    Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I am sure Blizzard forgot to state the part where they were supposed to say that earthbind totem had 5000 hp and no CD, right? :

Surely Blizzard isn't that dumb to let this go live? /sarcasm
    “I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."”
    -Emo Phillips

I suggested the idea for earth bound to remove snares a while back. I thinks its a good idea, the only thing they really need to do is lower the cooldown on it now. 15 sec CD for something that is so needed and that can get improved with talents needs a smaller cooler down or some automatic hit pionts. Really all the Stone totems should get some increased hits and let stone skin increase the hits of the other totems. This would make the totem increase hit talent worth it and reduce the QQ about 1 shotting totems that is on suck a long timer.

Summary:
    Reduce CD on earthbind or give all Earth totems a hit increase similar to what stoneskin was purposed to give the totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Burden
    /sigh

I knew it was to good to be true... I knew we would get shafted someway or another its bad enough that they are completely redesigning the way shamans work there AP out so I am gonna have to scrap my shamans gear in WOTLK cause hunter gear is gonna be better why do I even bother....?
    Are you serious? Really? You were planning on holding on to that gear all through the next Xpac? Gear 10 levels too low?

Wow. Yeah...I can see how scrapping your gear would suck then.
    Even I in my t6 dont expect to be hanging on to it much past the week its going to take me to hit 80.

I didnt expect to use it at 80 no :P But being able to level up the first 5 levels or so wouldnt be all that much to ask surely... And dont say thats never happened because when BC hit certain parts of my tiar 2 I could still utilize until level 65+

At this rate though it will be a total change of gear at 70, unless your sitting in tiar 6 which will be changed anyway... oh and btw tiar 6 isnt as great as you may think yet another example of Blizz not knowing what the hell shamans need or want. After all how many other classes can say there first true piece of gear that was made just for them drops in SSC. Isnt it sad that some ssc loot is better then tiar 6? lol All I can say is gief Hydross loot.
    Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

i personally think they should give enhancement shaman a personal bloodlust effect to shamanistic rage

talented improved shamanistic rage

- reduce damage taken by 30%
    - increase damage given 30%
    - increase haste by 30%
    - regen mana based on 30% of ap
    - removes snares and makes you immune too all cc for duration
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Inzight
    too OP and wont happen
    u havent seen new Demonform, did u?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ragga
    In one of the builds it did. And from a pvp shaman pov, it would be much more balanced and solve more issues for us, rather then weird crazy ideas about earthbinds and getting a travel form (totems 1shot, travelform being OP).
    Similar to Bestial Wrath immunity.

I also AGREE with the x% shaman health into totems, People and Blizzard will say that "Well that's x amount of time not focused on you or the other player" when they go after the totems
    ...that's like saying less than 100% immunity to dispel is awesome because I have to spend time purging you all day.

Want to purge other classes buffs? Yes.
    How many times purging? over 9000 (good reference) in your WoW career.
    How many totems have you attacked? Less than a 500? 1000?

**100% chance to hit a totem (one hit), ZERO mana (wand or melee), Rage regain on it (warriors/bears), ZERO energy wasted etc. just A HIT.**

even if it's 1000 health that's close to two hits from any class. x4 totems 4k health totem.
    There will be macros auto targeting totems, I wish they could fix that as well.
    Personally named totems? Like hunter pets and random named warlock pets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    u havent seen new Demonform, did u?

you mean the "please will some pally fear me" form or the "waiting for another lock to banish me" form

its still being worked out...they usually overbuff lock spells and then nerf them to just a gimmick again

if they'd remove the ability to target totems via a macro, much of this would be less of an issue. clicking targets in pvp is a no go.

so the most useful pvp totems will all be in one bracket... gg blizz...

tremor
    earthbind
    stoneclaw (if it does do the totem health thing).

Terribad move on Blizzards part.

The change to Spectral just isn't needed. It was different enough. I could be dispelled, sheeped, and hibernated.

But on the positive side, we did find out something from Blizz. Apparently there are class iconic abilities. The druid shapeshift removing all movement impairing effects thing is there class core ability.

Thus it can now be assumed, that the shaman class core iconic ability to is drop a piece of wood that can be petmacroed into nothingness. Oh wait, I forgot, we can buff the totems at the cost of losing key abilities for pvp and pve.

Personally, earthbind was fine, and needs to stay. If they change it, it still needs to keep the snare.

So here's an outside the box idea for totems. Leave the totems at 5 health, however, if they are killed they explode for 1.5k damage. Pve totems rarely get touched, thus in raid type environments, it for the most part won't matter. In pvp, it will definitely make people think twice before /petmacroing them into nothingness.
    And yeah, I do realize there is something exploitable about this in pve, but it is an outside the box idea, as I said.
    Otherwise, increase the health of all totems by 10% of shaman's health, and maybe a tier 1 talent that buffs it to 15%.

wow... blizzard nerfs anything that gets too close to their precious druids in either mechanics or in ways of killing them, theyre biased as hell, and im sick of this crap...

screw this game and screw the wow development team i hope they die in a fire for ruining this game and making world of druidcrap

Quote Originally Posted by Dregga
    wow... blizzard nerfs anything that gets too close to their precious druids in either mechanics or in ways of killing them, theyre biased as hell, and im sick of this crap...

screw this game and screw the wow development team i hope they die in a fire for ruining this game and making world of druidcrap

i cant help it to agree with the guy i mean hes right...
    and someone else mentioned how dk's stole our abilities yet they're calling us copycats for having wolf form? yet another valid point but mute non the less. If you need me i'll be in warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    i cant help it to agree with the guy i mean hes right...
    and someone else mentioned how dk's stole our abilities yet they're calling us copycats for having wolf form? yet another valid point but mute non the less. If you need me i'll be in warhammer

bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dregga

You were getting a class defining skill... without having to deal with the drawbacks of the shapeshifting mechanic.

You should have known you wouldn't keep that skill.

Drawbacks being?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippert
    Hmm, I didn't think of Stoneclaw and Tremor being the same element.
    That's pretty screwed for PVP indeed...
    Add Earthbind to that list as well. >.<