Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: No more instant wolf form?

so what if it reminds about druids "core" ability, i mean look at pallys and warrs, theyre getting the exactly same attacks (im a pally also with a shammy) and as far i can see pallys is getting like half of warrs abilitys (TC, shield slam etcetc.), and seriously blizz rly sucked with shamans in TBC, atleast enhancement, they couldnt even be arsed to create the right gear for enh shammys. i mean Int and agi? wtf STRE and crit (maybe agi but shammys get more benefit from crit rating), so even there you see the problem, they couldnt even provide the gear for them (a enh shammy cant go oom atleast i cant). from Ele/resto view i dont realy know, but i know they all kinda sucked in PvP, like pallys 1player on ya bb farewell. that realyrealy sucks, give shamans instant breaking GW >

Since they want to have snare removing effect on earthbind totem why not improve it by either removing the CD on earthbind or change the talent, earth's grasp, to increase the hp of all earth type totems. This way you can still one shot totems but not all of them. Also, how exactly would they change the 2 rank point for earthbind?

I dislike the alternative they're giving us. I agree it was close enough to a copy-cat ability and it was a tad OP. However the Earthbind nonsense needs to stop, keep earthbind how it is. And instead give us an ability (preferably enh. only), on a cool down, 20-30 seconds. That removes a movement impairing effect. Call it Tornado spin, or wind / cyclone spin, or Air Burst, and give it a cool graphic. I think that keeps core-abilities unique and goes well with the shaman lore, as well as keeping totem management at least the same, and providing enh. shamans some mobility. Because after Spectral Transformation is gone even prot warriors are more mobile than we are.

No offense to anyone here, but why is it OP or even just a tad OP. Have the shaman class become the "gods" of pvp now because of this ability? Highly doubtful as their damage output at the moment is tons worse then TBC right now.

Saying it's OP is ludicrous. Fix their damage output, then start looking at arena in beta and see how enhance shaman are doing, then start talking about whether or not it's over powered, or too close to the "druids core class ability."

But not before. There are other things more important to worry about.

instant ghost wolf snare break was exactly what we needed, hence the nerf

might i remind everyone how Mortal strike flame tongue was quickly squashed

if anything we NEED a mortal strike, yea its awesome doing a bunch of burst damage, but it never sticks, its easy to heal past and kite away from.

My suggestion: attach a MS on flame shock. I don't think thats OP at all and EXACTLY what we need, it would limit our use of a interrupt or a slow (earth or frostshock) due to the useing up the shock cooldown

I think removing spectoral transformation based on the fact that it is too similar to an iconic druid ability is bunk. First off, shamans and druids are very similar in that we both pull from nature for healing and damage, we can both be casters, and we can both deal melee damage. Further, all druids have access to travel form. Only deep enhance shamans would have access to ST thus making this ability not similar at all. Further, ST was only a 50% chance. I would say chain heal and totems are shamans iconic ability but that hasn't stopped blizzard from giving every healer a ridiculous AOE heal or passing out mana replenishing abilities eerily similar to mana stream. It's kind of hypocritical to me. Druids have just gotten so powerful it's silly and Blizzard seems to want to protect their OP'edness. My long time leveling partner who rolls druids all the time agrees that poly immunity and removing all snarring effects by casting an instant cast spell that doesn't require any kind of talenting is just funky.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaicalian
    I think removing spectoral transformation based on the fact that it is too similar to an iconic druid ability is bunk. First off, shamans and druids are very similar in that we both pull from nature for healing and damage, we can both be casters, and we can both deal melee damage. Further, all druids have access to travel form. Only deep enhance shamans would have access to ST thus making this ability not similar at all. Further, ST was only a 50% chance. I would say chain heal and totems are shamans iconic ability but that hasn't stopped blizzard from giving every healer a ridiculous AOE heal or passing out mana replenishing abilities eerily similar to mana stream. It's kind of hypocritical to me. Druids have just gotten so powerful it's silly and Blizzard seems to want to protect their OP'edness. My long time leveling partner who rolls druids all the time agrees that poly immunity and removing all snarring effects by casting an instant cast spell that doesn't require any kind of talenting is just funky.
    exactly. Only available to 1 spec and you have to talent for it deep into the tree just to get it. But that's just too OP...

Oh, I almost forgot. Another shaman "iconic" ability was passed out to any leather workers. Those drums can give haste or mana over time which also seem similar to heroism or mana stream. Those healing statues for jewelcrafters are close in concept to our healing stream as well. Keep protecting those iconic druid core abilities and continue to pass out shaman core abilities to anyone who wants them. . .

Watch out Blizz might find Enhance's Feral Spirits "iconic" to Balance's Force of Nature.