Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Metamorphosis and Ruin changes here

Koraa:

We recently re-designed Metamorphosis for an upcoming build. Some changes:

- It will no longer remove your pet (your pet remains)
    - It increases your armor by 600%, up from 360%
    - It increases all your damage by 40%
    - You can still cast your regular Warlock spells
    - You gain access two a few new unique Demon Form abilities that can only be used in Demon Form

Among some other improvements. It will be changed back to a 5-minute cooldown, however (with a 45 second duration). With the changes to Ruin, you can also get Metamorphosis and Ruin in a build if you wish.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=2000&pageNo=2

In an upcoming build we are changing Ruin to a 5-point talent. However, it will swap places with Devastation. Devastation will become a 1-point talent (5% spell crit). This will be a minimal change to the Destruction Warlock, while opening up Ruin to other builds without having them sacrifice their 51-point talents.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...02649&sid=2000

They are definitely answering the dilemma of Ruin being better than Meta. So they addressed it in many ways than one. I'm glad Meta and Haunt can now use Ruin. It significantly ups the other trees' dps.

Re: Metamorphosis and Ruin changes here

This seems to be VERY VERY good news...almost too good to believe! Just hoping it doesn't push us too far into OP-land and necessitate a future nerf. Can't wait to see what gets implemented!

EDIT: Just saw the Instant Corruption news as well...pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!

Deleted

As an affliction warlock, I'm happy that I will able to get the talent "Ruin". But... there are some talents in the affliction tree that can easily be made into a talents that require only three points. I have to drop a lot of talents to reach Haunt and then I still used up 53 talent points instead of 51. And one of talents is simply a fillter talent.... And it doesn't include "Malediction". So hoping Blizzard will look into it. One can argue that why not put less points in a talent, problem solved. But for my personal taste talents should be either maxxed out or not take it.

On the other note, I think this change, "5 points ruin" and accessible by other trees without sacrifcing their 51 talent, has to do with the change to corruption. Now it's made into a instant cast spell. And the talent "Improved Corruption" will now increase Corruption's damage by 4/8/12/16/20%.

I think were finally getting our changes. I guess you save the best for last(shammy and warlock of course! since their still working on shammy)

This is awesome... instant Corruption and now Ruin available to pretty much all specs. Meta seems to be "getting there" too. Certainly a good time to have a lock.

These are interesting changes, but I'm still having issues finding a proper spec that includes Ruin on its new spot..(with affliction)

I sure hope that spellhit cap is changed(to 9%), cause that frees up 6 valueable points

Affliction DPS is sooooo going to be nerfed before wrath comes out.

I mean, look at all the changes that have buffed affliction DPS in the last few days:

+20% more dot damage - shadow embrace
    UA and Corr now can crit... more or less
    Corr now instant baseline... talent for +20% damage
    Aff locks can now have haunt AND double crit damage with haunt/sbolt

Could affliction's dps possibly have been so low one week ago that it needed all of these changes to bring it up to par? I seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEmperor
    I have to drop a lot of talents to reach Haunt and then I still used up 53 talent points instead of 51. And one of talents is simply a fillter talent.... And it doesn't include "Malediction".
    I fail to see any filler talent in affliction in an aff/desto raid build.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Just assume that ruin and devestation are switched, on that talent calculator. You have two points to spare, and there are a number of very useful things in affliction you could put them in. Or improved HS, or intensity, or improved SB.

If you don't want fel concentration, you still have some useful raiding talents to move those points into, which aren't exactly stellar (frailty, improved lifetap, improved drain soul), but aren't exactly filler talents, either.

Talent trees are still getting parsed to see reduce some bloat I believe. (Bet Master Conjurer and Imp. Enslaved Demon still live on though.) All DPS when they are done will be near identical.

Master conjuror will have use. There was a blue post probably a month ago saying that spellstones and firestones are going to be reworked such that they and the talent are actually appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    I fail to see any filler talent in affliction in an aff/desto raid build.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Just assume that ruin and devestation are switched, on that talent calculator. You have two points to spare, and there are a number of very useful things in affliction you could put them in. Or improved HS, or intensity, or improved SB.

If you don't want fel concentration, you still have some useful raiding talents to move those points into, which aren't exactly stellar (frailty, improved lifetap, improved drain soul), but aren't exactly filler talents, either.
    I'm assuming your build is for PvE because you don't have soul link. Thus, your points in Soul Siphon and Fel Concentration are rather useless in PvE since you'll be spamming Shadowbolts after all your DoTs are up. This frees up 7 points.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

I mean, look at all the changes that have buffed affliction DPS in the last few days:

Could affliction's dps possibly have been so low one week ago that it needed all of these changes to bring it up to par? I seriously doubt it.
    Thanks for contributing, now leave. These are long needed affliction buffs, and these may possibly make up for affliction sucking since t5 content in BC.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Thanks for contributing, now leave.
    SPEAKING of contributing...

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    I'm assuming your build is for PvE because you don't have soul link. Thus, your points in Soul Siphon and Fel Concentration are rather useless in PvE since you'll be spamming Shadowbolts after all your DoTs are up. This frees up 7 points.
    How do you suggest getting down to Tier 4 talents then? If only Pve, we're going to assume no COA so that's worthless, maybe Supression if you aren't hit-capped. Basically all of Tier 2 sucks for PvE if you have a healer and Dark Pact is as tasty as it looks right now. Amp Curse is the only useful Tier 3 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas
    How do you suggest getting down to Tier 4 talents then? If only Pve, we're going to assume no COA so that's worthless, maybe Supression if you aren't hit-capped. Basically all of Tier 2 sucks for PvE if you have a healer and Dark Pact is as tasty as it looks right now. Amp Curse is the only useful Tier 3 talent.
    I believe that is his point. If you aren't putting points in fel concentration, or improving drain life (or maybe even life tap), then you've got few even decent options for raids.

I don't know though. Even if I were raiding all the time, fel concentration combined with the new spellcasting mechanics seems hard to just pass over. 5/5 in it and you will never, ever get fewer than 4 ticks out of a drain life due to spell pushback. Even you crazy raiders have to farm sometimes, right?

Surely there will be situations in wrath raids that involve high amounts of spell pushback. Wouldn't the 70% reduction in that, instead of casting 2.5 second UA and haunts, casting 1.8s UA and haunts, be worth it when combined with the perk of nearly full duration drains?

Regarding metamorphosis, though...

Poor melees.

They will go from seeing such nice huge crits on locks to:

A. Not being able to catch them (affliction locks)
    B. Barely scratching them (demo locks)
    C. Still kind of owning them, but getting nuked in the process (destro locks)

1) they are still testing dps in beta
    2) ruin doubles crits of your destr spells.. haunt is affliction

I believe that is his point. If you aren't putting points in fel concentration, or improving drain life (or maybe even life tap), then you've got few even decent options for raids.

I don't know though. Even if I were raiding all the time, fel concentration combined with the new spellcasting mechanics seems hard to just pass over. 5/5 in it and you will never, ever get fewer than 4 ticks out of a drain life due to spell pushback. Even you crazy raiders have to farm sometimes, right?

Surely there will be situations in wrath raids that involve high amounts of spell pushback. Wouldn't the 70% reduction in that, instead of casting 2.5 second UA and haunts, casting 1.8s UA and haunts, be worth it when combined with the perk of nearly full duration drains?

i still cant see maxing fel conc anymore....i mean 70% chance... you can still get pushed back .5 and .5 for a max of 1sec.... 5 points seems kinda hefty now that 1 sec is the max amount you can have a spell pushed back id almost rather see it .1 sec less pushback per point... so a max of .5 sec push back on any spell.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

i still cant see maxing fel conc anymore....i mean 70% chance... you can still get pushed back .5 and .5 for a max of 1sec.... 5 points seems kinda hefty now that 1 sec is the max amount you can have a spell pushed back id almost rather see it .1 sec less pushback per point... so a max of .5 sec push back on any spell.

I would say the talent should be only requiring 3 points to maxx it out instead of 5 points. Like Restoration Druid's "Nature Focus", Markmanship Hunter's "Focused Aim", Restoration Shaman's "Healing Focus" and Elemental Shaman's "Eye of the Storm". Though Holy Priest's "Healing Focus" and Fire Mage's "Burning Soul" is two points only and like us, Holy Paladin's "Spiritual Focus" is five points too. Not to mention, Destro locks have "Intensity", which requires only two points. In my opinion, "Fel Concentration" is a bit heavy talent. One can argue I shouldn't compare to other classes "avoid interruption" talent. But it's quite similiar.

BTW, it does bring something up in my mind: "Grim Reach" and "Destructive Reach" on the same tier. And yet the talents for both tree which includes resisting interruption caused by damage aren't and one is 5 point talent and the other 2 point talent. One can argue both are different trees, so you can't compare it in that matter.

On Topic
    Ruin is going to be a 5-point talent, to my taste quite heavy talent , but worth it for every warlock specc.
    I have no comment about the demonology 51 talent. :P

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEmperor
    I would say the talent should be only requiring 3 points to maxx it out instead of 5 points. Like Restoration Druid's "Nature Focus", Markmanship Hunter's "Focused Aim", Restoration Shaman's "Healing Focus" and Elemental Shaman's "Eye of the Storm". Though Holy Priest's "Healing Focus" and Fire Mage's "Burning Soul" is two points only and like us, Holy Paladin's "Spiritual Focus" is five points too. Not to mention, Destro locks have "Intensity", which requires only two points. In my opinion, "Fel Concentration" is a bit heavy talent. One can argue I shouldn't compare to other classes "avoid interruption" talent. But it's quite similiar.

BTW, it does bring something up in my mind: "Grim Reach" and "Destructive Reach" on the same tier. And yet the talents for both tree which includes resisting interruption caused by damage aren't and one is 5 point talent and the other 2 point talent. One can argue both are different trees, so you can't compare it in that matter.

On Topic
    Ruin is going to be a 5-point talent, to my taste quite heavy talent , but worth it for every warlock specc.
    I have no comment about the demonology 51 talent. :P

ruin being 5 points is fine... frost mages use 5, fire mages use 5, shadow priests will now use 5, moonkin 5... i think the only caster that doesnt need 5 points for 100% crit damage is elemental shaman