Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

Ruin and Devastation changes
    In an upcoming build we are changing Ruin to a 5-point talent. However, it will swap places with Devastation. Devastation will become a 1-point talent (5% spell crit). This will be a minimal change to the Destruction Warlock, while opening up Ruin to other builds without having them sacrifice their 51-point talents.

Well, there goes most of our Divine Spirit and Guardian Spirit talk down the drain. Seriously, why do we keep getting slapped in the face?

I'm so fed up with the bullshit that the priest class is getting. It's close to either: Finding a new game, or just rolling a Death Knight. It is absolutely insane that ALL of our needs and wants are going out the drain.

I can see it now. The only thing about Priest's in the last four weeks is this:

Shadow Power changes
    Still some work to do. We're going to be changing Shadow Power to 100% bonus crit damage to be consistent with other classes, also doing some other tweaks. We have a bit more work to do with all classes DPS numbers.

Okay, so this is what they are telling us: We are increasing your damage bit, however, with that increase we are going to increase everyone else's damage to nullify the buff we just gave you. Thanks and have a nice day.

Blizzard will soon realize that 50% of the priest population is either quitting the game or rolling a different class and will be forced to buff us the right way.

Whatever, enough of the rant. Enjoy it some more in the butt priests!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Another slap to Priests (and probably other classes)

Can only agree. Not going to bother mentioning the list of other issues that aren't being adressed with priests after the buff / debuff change.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

makes me wonder what the priest cm's doing these days. sick of all the posts with massive:

Death Knight Changes:
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    Warrior Changes
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    Paladin
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    Druid
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    Warlock
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

Priest
    X oh hey guys, no worries we are working on you....here's a better looking lazerbeam

...1 line?
    and it seems they are completely ignoring the holy tree as well...

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

you act like shadow is the only priest spec? rofl

15+ Year Old Account

Exactly how do you deduct that? None of the posts here is solely talking about the shadow tree, but is also adressing both discipline and holy tree in some way. Main element in this post is - if you read it - that locks are getting rearranged talents so they aren't forced to spec out of a 51 point talent while priests for a long time have had to do this to get IMPROVED Divine spirit (improved since its a complete waste of points to go around it) which we were told couldn't happen since people apparently wouldn't pick a disc priest then - which makes me wonder wth they are thinking deep disc is supposed to do?

Also on that same note if IMPROVED divine spirit is supposed to make people want to pick a disc priest for raid (and still its an insane line since people won't take one person if they only add one buff and 0 healing) whats the idea of buffs not stacking, since you obviously just as well can have some demo lock add that buff. Or a scroll know we are at it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."

another slap?

I for one am happy with the way this beta build up is going.

The reason we aire seeing loads of DN and warrior changes is due to the fundimental changes to the way they work, I was/am happy with the shadow tree, my ONLY real concern is with dps,

and they are changing it, once all trees are fairly static they are going to balance dps and i Quote

Shaman DPS a lot lower than expected
    A lot of tuning still has to be done, but it's safe to say your DPS is a lot lower than what should be expected. All DPS classes/specs after we are done tuning should yield a pretty similar DPS with similar gear/"min/max" speccing. It's going to take a bit of time until we reach that goal, though.
    Our shadow tree is nice, its just the dps that needs sorted, and that is a much later developemtn, hold on to your horses and chill out.

I'm so happy because of this change becuase I can cut out a lot of whiney skill less morons who bring a certain buff or ability. Now its all about skill and personality, and THATS why a lot of silly idiots are really complaining

You are comparing a personal damagebuff, that nearly every magicspec has and which is needed to be equal to other DPS-Specs (as seen at the Shadow Power change), with a group utillitybuff that might be one of the best in WotLK because of the huge need of spirit?
    I think that might be a bit out of balance... just my 2 cents

its two different things. ruin being available to all trees does not hurt destro. ds being available to all specs does take something away from the tree. also, blizz is trying to make all trees viable, taking away from the least of them is not going to accomplish that.

blizz is slowly working on each class, they just are fine tuning each at the moment, give em a little time they'll get you taken care of buddy.

I'm laughing my ass of, reading this bullshit! Cry on little baby... I trust in Blizzard, they will do it right as they always did (or even most times).

Why should a warlock change be a slap in a priests face... damn... you dont even know anything about the situation of warlocks. But the most important thing that suxx in your argumentation: Why the hell do you fear Blizzard won't do that to other classes like the priest too?

Scared baby...

I got it!!!

reroll

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Shadow Power changes
    Still some work to do. We're going to be changing Shadow Power to 100% bonus crit damage to be consistent with other classes, also doing some other tweaks. We have a bit more work to do with all classes DPS numbers.

Okay, so this is what they are telling us: We are increasing your damage bit, however, with that increase we are going to increase everyone else's damage to nullify the buff we just gave you. Thanks and have a nice day.
    This doesn't mean that everyone is going to be improving, some classes may actually be higher than they want, some might be lower. It means work. I suggest you don't read anything about the BETA, because it seems like you might hurt yourself or others.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Ruin and Devastation changes
    In an upcoming build we are changing Ruin to a 5-point talent. However, it will swap places with Devastation. Devastation will become a 1-point talent (5% spell crit). This will be a minimal change to the Destruction Warlock, while opening up Ruin to other builds without having them sacrifice their 51-point talents.

Well, there goes most of our Divine Spirit and Guardian Spirit talk down the drain. Seriously, why do we keep getting slapped in the face?

I'm so fed up with the bullshit that the priest class is getting. It's close to either: Finding a new game, or just rolling a Death Knight. It is absolutely insane that ALL of our needs and wants are going out the drain.

I can see it now. The only thing about Priest's in the last four weeks is this:

Shadow Power changes

Blizzard will soon realize that 50% of the priest population is either quitting the game or rolling a different class and will be forced to buff us the right way.

Whatever, enough of the rant. Enjoy it some more in the butt priests!

OMG another class had something change in their talents.... well slap me in the face too i can't believe blizzard would dare change someone elses class.

I hope you are one of the 50% (lawl) of the priest population quitting the game

I hate when ppl bring up other class changes and throw a fit.. guess what ruin is now 5 points like it should be. You are also getting a 100% crit bonus talent... QQ on noes
    And btw... they are still beta testing in case you didnt notice, and blizzard clearly said numerous times that they are balancing dps now that the 80 cap is open and ppl are raiding on beta.

Wow... how the hell are you making these connections. Next it will be OMG CORRUPTIONS IS BASE INSTANT NOW? WHY ISN'T VT AND MIND FLAY AND MIND BLAST ALSO INSTANT NOW? But as everyone knows these changes are permanent and the game is coming out tomorrow with no class changes in patches 'til May 2010. People need to chill out where their Armageddon talk.

Hi, my name is A and I love playing class B. Unfortunately Blizzard hates class B. This is so obvious because they're constantly buffing class C and nerfing class B. It won't be possible to get a raid spot with class B. My raid will be full of class C now. And let's not even talk about PVP. Class B is so much weaker than class C. I don't understand why Blizzard isn't paying any attention to class B. Every player of class B will soon reroll class C or leave WoW for game D.

Please copy&paste.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin
    its two different things. ruin being available to all trees does not hurt destro. ds being available to all specs does take something away from the tree. also, blizz is trying to make all trees viable, taking away from the least of them is not going to accomplish that.
    Noone said give ds or imp ds to all. The point was still that DS + imp ds is not made available to all healing priests in the same manner since it was said "ruin was moved so locks didn't have to give up a 51 point talent". Atm this is NOT the same case for priests, or alot of other classes in the same way.

And to the trolls in this topic; for heavens sake renew your material. Making it seem people are crying in topics with constructive comments really make yourself look stupid.
    "Only Jack can zip up."

Quote Originally Posted by Petita
    I'm laughing my ass of, reading this bullshit! Cry on little baby... I trust in Blizzard, they will do it right as they always did (or even most times).

Why should a warlock change be a slap in a priests face... damn... you dont even know anything about the situation of warlocks. But the most important thing that suxx in your argumentation: Why the hell do you fear Blizzard won't do that to other classes like the priest too?

Scared baby...
    Who send all these babies to fight me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Noone said give ds or imp ds to all. The point was still that DS + imp ds is not made available to all healing priests in the same manner since it was said "ruin was moved so locks didn't have to give up a 51 point talent". Atm this is NOT the same case for priests, or alot of other classes in the same way.

And to the trolls in this topic; for heavens sake renew your material. Making it seem people are crying in topics with constructive comments really make yourself look stupid.
    you're still being tweaked.... but honestly i dont see why DS isnt just a base ability with the option of improving it in upper disc tree

Well I can't speak for shadow because I play my lock for PVP damage and my disc priest for PVP healing both @2k level.

I love disc, the talents were perfect and little changes to core mechanics needed to be made. Holy is really good at healing still so I can't complain.

As for shadow, damage has gone up and you get a FOUR sec AOE deathcoil along with an oh shit dipersion defense, snare removal, and even more physical damage reduction. I guess your problem is with PVE and let it be know that DPS testing is still being done for casters.

Shadow damage is about average from what I heard, i'm not sure if more is necessary for a hybrid spec.

Still some work to do. We're going to be changing Shadow Power to 100% bonus crit damage to be consistent with other classes

:O can anyone give me a link source for this post please?