Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Affli-tree needs reworking.. TOO point heavy..

The bare minum an affli lock NEEDS in the destru tree is this..
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=IZZE00VM (ofc ruin will go in rather then deva as it's implemented)..
    the issue is affliction tree it-self..
    the IDEAL affli-tree for dps purpose need..
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=IdxrbzrAoVAocst
    5 points in imp corru (that will raise corru coeff instead of dmg)
    2 points imp agony (curse of choice)
    2 points imp drain soul (aggro reduction)
    2 points imp life tap (tapping is fun)
    2 points soul siphon (filler+ life drain boost)
    1 point amplify curse (needed)
    1 point suppression (filler)
    3 points emp corru (needed)
    2 points grim reach (needed)
    2 points nightfall (needed)
    5 points shadow embrace (boost dmg)
    1 point siphon life (needed)
    5 points shadow mastery
    5 points contagion
    3 points eradication
    1 point dark pact
    1 point unstable affliction
    3 points pandemic
    5 points everlasting affliction
    1 point haunt
    3 points death's embrace
    for a grand total of 55 points.. THAT is, leaving out malediction...

we COULD take out 1 point off from death's embrace and avoid renouncing anything else, but that's about it..
    this takes us to this build..
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=IdxrbzrAoVAoMstZE00VM
    that pretty much block any spare point for improved hs of sort (and lacks malediction AND 1 rank of death's embrace)..

while i think that a LOT of those talent are really good, they should make affli tree less heavy on rank 5 talents (we have quite a lot) :|
    any thoughts?

Re: Affli-tree needs reworking.. TOO point heavy..

Give it time...they realize a lot of trees are bloated. And our going to be working on them.

This is what you want: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Alternately, this, with two points to play with: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Deleted

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Purely DPS built, no utilities in "affliction" tree, no frailty and malediction. And because of that and the amount of needed talent points, I find the affliction too heavy aswell. Blizzard added "Pandemic" and moved "Eradication" up two tiers. I dropped Nightfall because of two reasons, one is the addition of "Pandemic" and there is going to be a glyph that does the exact same thing.

As to why I put only one point in "Fel Concentration", Bleh, can't get down without spending a point somewhere. And I want to avoid +hit talents. One can say the mana reduction is good, but I believe it's not such a biggie. Soul Shatter, need full spell hit rating, can't afford to have a bigger chance on having it resisted by the boss.

"Soul Siphon", right, nice for fights on like MH's third boss, BT's first boss, bloodboil, etc and for some reason getting AoE damage and healers aren't healing you. You can drain life to keep yourself up. Or else not so ineteresting talent. BTW, in these situations, "fel concentration" is a nice addition, but too heavy 5 point talent. Would rather have it as a 3 point talent. Druids have their talent "Nature's Focus" lowered to 3 point talent. Hunter's talent "Focused Aim" is a 3 talent point aswell.

"Improved Life Tap"...hm... well, think with the addition of mana reg of Fel armor, 30%, it actually frees up 2 talent points, but nowhere to spend and need to go down the tier...

Didn't take "Improved Felhunter" as I have no idea about it. Plus I believe Eradiction and Death's Embrace are better. But I can be wrong, totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    This is what you want: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Alternately, this, with two points to play with: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000
    hem man what are those two... fail build? :X
    missing 5/5 shadow embrace is fail..
    curse of exhaustion is UBER fail in pve.. situational at best..
    imp how of terror is shit.. you shouldn't AGGRO EVER.. and where it matters (raid) you can remove howl of terror from your cast bar XD
    no eradication?
    zero death's embrace?

is this a joke or a sarcasm reply? with all due respect if it's serious, these two build ain't going anywhere

The tree is fine, it encourages making hard choices which is fine by me. Wave goodbye to 51/0/20 type mentalities where you have the perfect amount of points to get every no brainer. Welcomed ''bloat''

Almost every class says their trees are bloated.

The tree you linked has only 4 more points over the 51 minimum for Haunt.

Any talent you sacrifice in Affliction is a choice over another dps talent or utility in another tree.

I really dont see any bloat in affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by darkenrahl
    hem man what are those two... fail build? :X
    missing 5/5 shadow embrace is fail..
    curse of exhaustion is UBER fail in pve.. situational at best..
    imp how of terror is shit.. you shouldn't AGGRO EVER.. and where it matters (raid) you can remove howl of terror from your cast bar XD
    no eradication?
    zero death's embrace?

is this a joke or a sarcasm reply? with all due respect if it's serious, these two build ain't going anywhere

Im still not sold on deaths embrace... im hoping it will change... i shouldnt need to be draining life in a raid when im below 20% health.. ill prob die shortly or get a heal from a healer. 15% crit bonus... ehh it really depends on how big the raid bosses health pools are. With the changes with ruin/devastion i feel like getting 20 points in destr is more important

It doesn't need less points, It needs more useful talents below.. I end up spending a lot of point on stuff I really don't want, and once i get to the top, I don't have enough points to get even the most of mandatory talents because i wasted too many points on the lower tiers just to get to the top..

I want choice, and I'm not really getting it, cause I get the choice between things I DON'T want, and not between things I DO want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiton
    Almost every class says their trees are bloated.

The tree you linked has only 4 more points over the 51 minimum for Haunt.

Any talent you sacrifice in Affliction is a choice over another dps talent or utility in another tree.

I really dont see any bloat in affliction.
    some of my alts i find i need 58-61 points in a single tree... crazy bloatage

All today's changes are in the right direction BUT they will become obsolete unless Haste founds a way into Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken
    All today's changes are in the right direction BUT they will become obsolete unless Haste founds a way into Dots.
    Im perfectly content with the new changes.. even without better haste scaling but ONLY if our end game gear reflects this. Its too early to tell but affliction haste potential to be really nasty contender for top dps with all these buffs

stacking crit for pandemic, imp sbolt debuff, and now even ruin

im excited

Deleted

An interesting question would be, in what way haste can found a way into DoTs?

Only way I can think of having Haste to affect DoTs is decrease the time between each tick. Which means haste will shorten the duration of the DoT.
    But then again I lack creativity, so that's all I can come up with.

Maybe, xx% haste increase the duration of a DoT instead by xx seconds. I don't know. Was thinking of that glyph that increases the duration of Curse of Agony by 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    Im perfectly content with the new changes.. even without better haste scaling but ONLY if our end game gear reflects this. Its too early to tell but affliction haste potential to be really nasty contender for top dps with all these buffs
    With homogenized gear as blizzard's flagship i seriously doubt that they'll bother creating different items just for different specs, the moment a destruction and an affliction lock acquire a Haste item the first benefits a lot more than the second.

Not wanting to sound like a complete idiot, this changes are good but there is still work to be done so i'll be saving my excitement for the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEmperor
    An interesting question would be, in what way haste can found a way into DoTs?

Only way I can think of having Haste to affect DoTs is decrease the time between each tick. Which means haste will shorten the duration of the DoT.
    But then again I lack creativity, so that's all I can come up with.

Maybe, xx% haste increase the duration of a DoT instead by xx seconds. I don't know. Was thinking of that glyph that increases the duration of Curse of Agony by 4 seconds.
    I believe the community is open for suggestions, it's not like we are forcing blizzard to implement yours or mine suggestions.

They could make haste decrease dot duration (Call me Mr obvious ;P) or an a Haste to Spell damage convert talent or a Haste to Crit convert talent, i honestly don't really care as long as haste doesn't remains a non useful stat that spends freaking item points.

I believe the community is open for suggestions, it's not like we are forcing blizzard to implement yours or mine suggestions.

They could make haste decrease dot duration (Call me Mr obvious ;P) or an a Haste to Spell damage convert talent or a Haste to Crit convert talent, i honestly don't really care as long as haste doesn't remains a non useful stat that spends freaking item points.

The easiest way for blizzard to fix this without throwing everything out of balance for DoTs is just give us an affliction talent similar to pandemic but for haste. Causing dots to tick faster will cause all sorts of balance issues

Highly doubt haste will ever affect dots. The way they look at it, with haste you can caste UA, Seed, Haunt, and SB quicker with haste. That is enough use for haste for afflicks in their book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas
    Highly doubt haste will ever affect dots. The way they look at it, with haste you can caste UA, Seed, Haunt, and SB quicker with haste. That is enough use for haste for afflicks in their book.

The whole point is that haste is being thrown on most of our gear and since we are still going to be getting about 40% of our damage from dots (especially with haunt and the new impr corruption abilities) that haste is not going to help us scale end game in affliction

Im gonna have to predict that affliction will be extremely powerful up till then end of S6/T8 and then will start to fall off again.

The problem blizzard is testing current raiding and not future scaling.. the same happened in the release of TBC.

Im still excited either way it would just be nice haste was a little more beneficial to DoTs.

As for the other post above me... yes haste makes channeled spells tick faster... too bad drain life sucks for dps

They will implement Haste for dots at some point, i am absolutely sure about it, the real issue is to not take them another expansion like they did for pandemic.

I can't help but disagree with this post nearly entirely. As I see it, Afflictionists can, at many points during their talent setup, opt for a way to increase their damage or add to their toolbox of tricks. For example, do you want Eradication for damage, or Improved Howl of Terror? Would you care for Improved Fear or Fel Concentration, or would you rather Improved Curse of Agony? And in effect, isn't this creating the exact kind of decision-making talent trees were designed to do?

Personally, as the idea of raiding as an Affliction Warlock sends shivers down my spine the likes of which I've never felt, I would probably go for this talent setup. Please realise that the single point in Devastation is because that is going to be the single point in Ruin. This is also presuming that another Warlock will spec Malediction and fill in the Curse of Elements place.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Painful as it is to lose Fel Concentration, I feel that it isn't as necessary in many raiding situations as, say, Everlasting Affliction and you can grab it by respeccing talent points out of Suppression when your gear hits the spell hit cap, and potentially Improved Curse of Agony if you feel strongly about it's damage per second upgrade. Overall, though, I think this is one of the most considered builds when Afflictionists turn their eye to pure damage.