Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Aerv

Re: Corruption vs. SWP

Yeah ok well, but if you put in higher addmg numbers like 2000+ the gap will get bigger. SWP is only so close to Corruption because base dmg i higher.

And you will rarely have to cast it more than once on a boss fight, more time spent making sure VT is up, nuking and mindflaying which was also boosted considerably.
    oh good that warlocks didn't get this talent too ... and i can keep Vt up also if i have to put up VT, i gives us more GCs (this mechanic is btw a better dmg push for warlocks if Sps still could speec SWP Duration ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by elidion
    Corruption - 1080 over 18 seconds - 93.6% Coefficient
    Improved Corruption - 20%
    Shadow Embrace - 10%
    Shadow Mastery - 10%
    Empowered Corruption - 36% to Coefficient
    Everlasting Affliction - 20% to Coefficient

Assuming 1500 Spell Power with the 149.6% coefficent and +damage talents

4,654 over 18 seconds or 776 a tick

Shadow Word: Pain - 1530 over 18 seconds - 110% Coefficient
    Improved Shadow Word:Pain - 10%
    Shadow Weaving - 10%
    Darkness - 10%
    Shadowform - 15%

Assuming 1500 Spell Power with the 110% coefficent and +damage talents

4,611 over 18 seconds or 769 a tick

So after all of this...
    Corruption 776 a tick
    SW:P 769 a tick

OMG Locks are so OP!
    You forgot twin disciplines 5% damage.

Besides that, shadow priests also get their spells removed because we have no dot protection anymore now that weaving is gone, unlike a UA lock. So if you figure in the damage after someone immediately removes SWP, what's a priest's SWP damage then?

I play both a shadow priest and a warlock and warlocks are vastly superior to shadow priests. In arenas the only thing where shadow priests trump warlocks is that silence is a little bit better than spell lock in certain applications. It isn't even close. It isn't even an argument if you look at any statistics in any bracket, or consider how many 1v1 counters/dominates a warlock has versus a shadow priest.

If you look at the theorycraft, SWP is inferior to corruption in pretty much every way (yes, we get 5% more from twin but they get 20% of shadow embrace). While it isn't exactly easy for a lock in PVP to spam embrace up, it is still more effective and causes more dps than whatever a priest would do to max weaving.

And regarding quitting. With the promise of warhammer, wow is in the toilet for a lot of people who are tired of a small number of classes being godmode and the rest inferior. WoW will sorta hold PVE interest where things are a little more equal due to utility, but their PVP is essentially broken and caters to warriors/warlocks/druids/rogues. Nothing with WOTLK changes that AT ALL.

Deleted

Your forgetting every mother and their granny can dispell priets DOTs these days.. Puting your DPS to 0 is no fun...
    The shadow tree needs dispell resist badly.

Quote Originally Posted by frott
    And regarding quitting. With the promise of warhammer, wow is in the toilet for a lot of people who are tired of a small number of classes being godmode and the rest inferior. WoW will sorta hold PVE interest where things are a little more equal due to utility, but their PVP is essentially broken and caters to warriors/warlocks/druids/rogues. Nothing with WOTLK changes that AT ALL.
    Actually so far what ive seen on the beta pvp have been pretty even between the classes, its definately (sp?) more balanced then TBC
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    Your forgetting every mother and their granny can dispell priets DOTs these days.. Puting your DPS to 0 is no fun...
    The shadow tree needs dispell resist badly.
    so, where's my warrior's dispel?

Edit: I'm a morron when I'm tired.

From OP locks to Warhammer ... say just add some sex and violence and we sell the movie rights...

Seriously my dear priest friends are warlocks your problem ? Last time i checked we were both ******** by melee or suffered identical (not same) scale issues, but just for the conversation if in a magical way warlocks extinct will shadow priest have there real problems solved???

It's not our (or yours) fault that Blizzard decided to take the homogenized utility way, i know most of you (and us) feel strange about it but the fact remains (as someone before said) that this is a freaking game and the moment you realize that it's fucking your mentality you are obligated to your self to quit.

Perhaps after some time you'll appriciate it again for what you are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Shield Slam is a massive direct damage attack which dispels one magic effect, while also causing a high amount of threat. You generate more threat per point of rage with this ability than with Sunder Armor even with only a moderate amount of shield block value. More shield block value makes this the primary threat building attack in the warrior arsenal.

can anyone say pwned?
    I can say you're retarded, because they were talking about the warrior removing magic spells from itself.

Shield Slam is a massive direct damage attack which dispels one magic effect, while also causing a high amount of threat. You generate more threat per point of rage with this ability than with Sunder Armor even with only a moderate amount of shield block value. More shield block value makes this the primary threat building attack in the warrior arsenal.

can anyone say pwned?
    uh.. what? that's an offensive dispel, not a defensive one

we were talking about removing shadowpriest debuffs, not buffs on other people..

eventhough my warrior shows as a PvP specced warrior in my sig.. i have been protection before, in t5 instances, i know how the class works

can anyone say pwned?
    shield slam is an offensive dispel but i guess he can just hit himself in the face with his shield to get rid of the DoT right?
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Right ... wrong tab my bad, thought I was posting in a thread about starfall for some reason -.-.

lol? im not sure which one is more idiotic your response or your excuse
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Right ... wrong tab my bad, thought I was posting in a thread about starfall for some reason -.-.
    no, sorry.. that won't do, you just selfowned yourself. just admit it so i can claim my victory over you

if we are talking pvp when I am healing on my paladin i fear shadow priests 10x more than a lock. Mana burn is a ridiculously power spell that destroys healers.

As for Affliction being more powerful than a shadow priest... uh... no sh!t sherlock. Warlock = DPS ONLY. Shadow Priest = DPS + Utility.

claim your victory, e-peen does nothing for me.

claim your victory, e-peen does nothing for me.
    do you know what "e-peen" is?

its not an e-peen victory i just think its funny that you claim you were talking on a starfall thread when you mention the spell shield slam by name, list what it does, and brag about your victory. then find out your wrong edit it and think you can make no one notice when 2ppl got the quote on you
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

ahh.. late night amusement

we should do this more often!

tomorrow this time we will flame the first post sound good? i'll meet you there you start without me
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

btw we can go on rogue forums and start massive flame threads.