Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8926

Damn frost tree got nerfed for Death Knights! I mean frost strike now wins the crappiest attack award with 30% weapons damage+99. I mean that is very little damage for a 41 point talent and it costs alot of rune power aswell. I agree with whoever said they seem to push death knights into being completely useless. I don't think iäve seen a single pvp video where death knights actually beats any other class in months now. They should have changed the mitigation between frost strike and some talents instead of ruining the attack itself.

Ok now to check other changes aswell. Oh titans grip nerf was a rather big one imo.

Re: divine plea change - restores x% of base mana over 10 seconds, during which period healing effectiveness is reduced by 50%. Seems pretty stupid to me. If we need to regen mana and don't really need to heal, we might as well go drink (assuming a pet isn't keeping us in combat). Healing at 50% efficiency is mana inefficient; doing so for the purpose of regenerating mana doesn't make much sense. I'm just curious as to how often we won't have pressure on us to heal (a substantial amount at least) for 10secs in wotlk. Anyone else not like the sound of this change?

Quote Originally Posted by Facktotum
    Same old whines and qq. No one is asking you to buy wotlk.
    If you do not like it just don't buy it. Warhammer here I come is old now. Get over it.
    And the "no one is asking you to buy wotlk" is getting pretty old too. After 2 years of my class sucking, I don't want that element of tbc to be repeated with wotlk. And the changes throughout beta so far do look a bit ominous. The people saying these things are pissed off for a reason; its probably in your best interests too that the classes be in a state that they are happy with

Didn't we already have this patch active?
    I've already seen all these rogue changes last week. (and yes they still suck for combat)

Just as expected, they're going to be pushing the patch soon, and there won't be nearly enough time to give feedback on the new changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemortia
    Looks like they re-skinned some models?
    Steel underwear ftw

Render locks useless, guess it is time to chose which alt to pick for the expansion.

Yes, I am QQing right now. Alot.

Welp, there goes all my hope for Holy paladin. It's been nothing but a non-stop buff-fest for Prot and Ret since TBC came out, and nothing but nerfs and half-hearted attempts to bandaid massive, glaring, crippling issues with Holy. And wow, Wrath is going to be absolutely no different.

No new heals. Nerfed abilities still nerfed. Half-hearted attempts at new Holy mechanics (oooh, I get spell haste when I judge, cause, yanno, I'll be judging all the time when raid healing.)

Now they go and completely screw over what would have been an awesome healing build by shoving Sheath of Light so far down into Ret that it's completely inaccessible now. I love how that's Blizzard's new answer for talents that are popular with another tree. They just put it completely out of reach, just like they did to Warriors.

Sheath of Light was going to be absolutely amazing, and a much needed addition to a class that hasn't gotten a single new healing spell since the end of WoW Classic. But now, Blizzard has destroyed that. GG Blizz. You have absolutely no clue anymore.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

wut? shaman nerf across all specs? really, who DIDNT expect that? :P

damn it. I just leveled my old priest to 70 because the shadow-pvp buffs looked so delicious.
    and now *POOOOOF*, all my hope is gone.

hopefully they take a review of all the changes they made ...
    looks like shadows will be knocked out totally.

so ... what should I roll now?

*QQs a river*

The changes to shadowpriests are just a kick in the face, BUT at least we got a new mind flay graphic ???

Roflmao even more nerfs to already crap dps warriors.
    Protection here I come!

Fury warriors are not rogues, and no, they don't need to prioritize hit rating over ap or crit, well not unless they have the yellow dmg cap which is arround 100 hit rating.
    With titans grip nerf it seems that we'll have to prioritize hit on the samel lvl as rogues for PVE. The problem here is itemization, it seems we'll have to start wearing more and more leather.
    If this penaly also affects PVP, then it is a huge nerf for Fury Warriors specing Titans Grip.

Mind fly graphics is kinda bad, isn't it?

Two drops from the Obsidian Sanctum (25 man):

Hyalene Helm of the Sniper (Mail Melee): http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...108_042209.jpg
    Council Chamber Epaulets (Mail Caster): http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...108_042221.jpg
    Also dropped two sets of the 25-man T7 glove tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel
    Fury warriors are not rogues, and no, they don't need to prioritize hit rating over ap or crit, well not unless they have the yellow dmg cap which is arround 100 hit rating.
    With titans grip nerf it seems that we'll have to prioritize hit on the samel lvl as rogues for PVE. The problem here is itemization, it seems we'll have to start wearing more and more leather.
    If this penaly also affects PVP, then it is a huge nerf for Fury Warriors specing Titans Grip.

Mind fly graphics is kinda bad, isn't it?
    Nah, you only need as much hit to make your yellow attacks work, on top of that leather has a lot of agility which does nothing for warriors.

so with any physical damage effect on you popping hunger of blood restores 15 energy so it actually costs 15 energy to use....thats quite...good?

There's a typo somewhere with regard to the Protection Paladin One-Handed Weapon Specialization talent.

The change listing has:

"damage you deal with one handed weapons"

As opposed to the updated(?) talent calc showing:

"all damage you deal when a one-handed weapon is equipped"

If they took it to weapon-damage only, that's another negative tweak to prot output, unless weapon damage alone is now overtaking all other reactive and shield-based damage to such a degree as to warrant this adjustment.

Death Knight:
    Bloody Vengeance removed from the talent tree.

Talent still exist, but reduced for 3 point (previously 5). Now +3% (previously 5%)

Sheath of Light moved from Tier 5 to Tier 9.

Atleast I won't be playing my holy paladin in wotlk...

Edit: When toying around with the talent calculator I found that 38/0/33 would give me most of the good stuff in holy and also:
    Judgements of the Wise moved from Tier 6 to Tier 7 and now your Judgement spells have a 33/66/100% chance to grant the Replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 0.5% of their maximum mana per second, and to immediately grant you 20% of your maximum mana.

With 20k mana that talent is like having a 4k mana pot on 8s cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Nah, you only need as much hit to make your yellow attacks work, on top of that leather has a lot of agility which does nothing for warriors.
    Yes, and his point was that you now need 24% hit even for yellow attacks if you spec Titan's Grip.

Leather gear may have agility, but it seems like the only option if you want to reach the hit cap.

After messing with the talent calculator for a bit, I've found that I actually like the direction they're taking Prot Pallies. The rollup of Spell Warding/Guarded by the Light and Redoubt/Shield Spec are certainly a nice touch. As hard as it is to swallow, I actually found it NECESSARY to take a few points in Imp. BoK to get further down in the tree, without taking something MORE useless. A four point talent for something like that seems terribly useless, though, when 2 would be just fine, IMHO. The thing that really pees in my cheerios, though, is the removal of Imp. Holy Shield. I know they buffed the number of charges, but that's a huge nerf to reactive threat.EDIT: After I looked at the talent tree a bit harder, I realized that I was, in fact, retarded. The damage from the new Holy Shield is listed at 211, where the previous version is listed at 150+20%(30)=180. So yeah, as you can see, this is hands down better. Also, the change of the position in Deflection/Imp. BoM is great.

The only question I have is, where are the "cool" abilities they were talking about in the last blue post? Yeah, we got the reorganization, but at the same time, they skipped right over the nerf bat, and went straight to the nerf sledgehammer. Maybe you can give us a mint to get this bitter taste out of our mouths? ;-)