Thread: Nerf bat hurts

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nerf bat hurts

Seems like we got some rebound on last patch.

T_T I'll miss you mortal bolt, your wings got cut before you knew how to fly.

Re: Nerf bat hurts

Wonder why instant corruption wasn't added this patch...and new ruin too...

they probably wanted to test this string of nerfs first for something big they have in mind..

or...

..not..

that was an amazing wall of nerf text tho..
    turned me on.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

Priests got hit pretty hard too. Shadow embrace only 2 point talent now? Looks like that from the wording, but MMO calcs are funky.

Ya and we get 0 mp5 while casting. Which is awesome because we dont put enough strain on healers as is now when they can chain pot.

The Last one please close the door on your way out

But we have a new rank of Life Tap and the renerfed Dark Pact...yay? Assuming Shadow Embrace is now 2 points, Eradication sucks now, and Death's Embrace is still meh, I'll probably go http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000. Let the moonkins and DKs worry about COE.

They changed any usefulness of having an imp by messing with improved soul leech. And now shadow embrace is useless again. But every class got messed with, so I cannot believe these changes are final.

This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    every class got messed with
    i saw no mage changes.
    I'll say they're closer to being final than not.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

I have no words to express my displeasement.

The Fel Armor change hurts most.. I was so excited to get some decent mana regen and a long lost racial back.

Sadly, it doesn't seem that way.

There is no reason to panic , just new excuses to reroll/quit/don't come back

And now, after dispersion changes, I finally have no reason to play shadow priest PvP so here I come disc specc!^^

Yeah it hurts A LOT. What use is there now for SE and DE? For PvP, both are USELESS. And in raids, lol? Seriously, what were they thinking when they did this? What kind of morons do this to a spec that doesn't have any hope in the first place?

And not to mention CoEx...WTF?!?!?! And I was actually hoping I'd see the light when I can actually *gasp* get some free air for 2 secs from melee and then they changed it again?!

I'm so tired of this BS. A lot of classes got nerfed only mages didn't. I'm tired of all this unwarranted nerfs knowing that the devs don't even play this game (I think). Shadowpriests goes back to being USELESS again too. WTF is going on in here?????

And can they actually do some dps test without bugged abilities and start balancing things right there? This is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Seems like we got some rebound on last patch.

T_T I'll miss you mortal bolt, your wings got cut before you knew how to fly.
    could be worse

you could have some of your spells got hit as hard as TS did
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

shadow embrace isn't useless, but it's back to a meh talent..
    4% more shadow damage ain't pure shit, but it's far from 10% -.-

There's only one thing I can say to these warlock changes:

Goodbye WoW, Hello WAR

Deleted

I'm an affliction warlock, so I will on concentrate on that part and I am just giving my look at the new changes. Nothing else.

- Death's Embrace (Tier 9) now increases the critical strike chance of all shadow spells by 3/6/9% when the target is below 20% health. (nerf)
    Basically removed the drain life part, not such a big worry for raids, maybe PvP, but not sure. And also lowered the critical strike chance from 15% to 9%. One can argue, it only jumps in when the boss is at or below 20% and you are better off taking some Destruction talents, especially the Ruin change. In regards to that, it's not a biggie this nerf for raiding that is. And after this change, more the reasons just to give up this talent completely. Maybe nice in conjunction with Pandemic.

- Unstable Affliction (Tier 9) now silences the dispeller for 5 secs. (Previously 3 sec) (buff)
    It's buffed for PvP only. If you are raiding, soloing, ignore it.

- Eradication (Tier 7) now notes "This effect cannot occur more often than once every 30 sec" (...)
    An adjustment that seems to be unfortunately. Basically it won't be like Nightfall, it can occur twice in a row. But I have no idea whatever it has an internal cooldown. So no further comments.

- Dark Pact (Tier 7) now returns 100% of the mana you drain from your pet. (Previously was 200%) (nerf)
    This is interesting, really interesting. In regards to "Fel Armor mana regeneration effect changed so you regain 2% of your maximum health every 5 sec.", which means the mana regeneration effect is removed, no longer having a Mage's "Mage armor" regeneration effect. Which makes me wonder, I am aware it's beta or alpha or test phase or whatever it is, and that's exactly really making me wonder why this change is made. If I'm not mistaken spirit is going to play a major role for casters, you have to make a decision between a cloth piece without spirit or with spirit, to take it or not to take it. There are many blue posts in regards to spirit.

To be honest I'm not sure it's fair to compare this talent with the spirit, but in a way for me it feels like, we have to go back to "more" Life Tapping and do Dark Pact in between, instead of only doing Dark Pact, maybe 1x life tapping or none? and the rest comes from your Fel Armor. It would appear that we no longer have three sources of gaining mana back.

If I may believe some posts about the amount of stamina you are able to get and if I remember the amount of stamina attainable, let's say 15,000 HP at level 80 with epics? 300 HP every 5 seconds = very, very impressive. I believe it's going back to the old days again. Not that I would mind, but I expected a different play sytle at WotLK with the 30% mana regeneration fel armor. But then again, two things came to my mind, lately you find the talent "Improved Life Tap" not being included in different affliction specs. I have read some reports about warlocks not life tapping once, hence I typed "1 x life tapping or none? above, suggesting that Life Tap is practically useless.

- Improved Felhunter (Tier 6) now increases the effect of Fel Intelligence by 5/10%. (buff)
    If I remember correctly, it doesn't stack with Arcane Brilliance. Nice buff for PvP or soloing, useless for raids.

- Shadow Embrace (Tier 5) changed - Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 1/2%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 3/6%. Lasts for 12 sec. Stacks up to 2 times. (...)
    Judging from the wording it's going to be a 2 rank talent. And I think it has to do with the changes to Ruin and Corruption. Every tree have access to Ruin now, which significantly up the DPS of your shadow bolt spamming after your DoTs rotation. Corruption is inflicting 20% more damage. In regards to that, in some way it feels like why even bother having this talent included... but 2 ranks for 4% shadow damage? Yes, take it. But then again it would seems the Heavens wouldn't allow an affliction warlock doing too much damage.

- Curse of Exhaustion (Tier 5) reduces target's movement speed by 30%. (Previously was 50%). (nerf)
    Quite disappointed in this change. Arcane Mage's "Slow", however didn't change and maintains it's 60% number, but certainly there will changes made to mages. Was expecting some "more" kiting fun solo'ing or in PvP (not talking about Arena), but mainly stopping Hordies from running when they are low on health. :P They still can't run away but the movement speed is lowered to 30%, not funny.

Overall I have mixed feelings about the changes. Mainly I don't like the changes made to CoEx, Dark Pact and Fel Armor. I really wish they can make "Fel Concentration" 3 ranks really...

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Bye bye - if by now you haven't realised that talents change daily, stuff is still balanced and this is the beta, you will not be missed ^^
    I have very much realised this, the point is that of all the changes made so far 75% or more were nerfs, and if even half of those come through in live, the warlock class will still be but a shadow of its former self.

You can't honestly expect that EVERY single nerf we got will be reversed, or even turned into a buff can you? Nobody can be that naive.

Allso, it'd be naive to think anybody would be missed in a game, I realise this as well.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrion
    I have very much realised this, the point is that of all the changes made so far 75% or more were nerfs, and if even half of those come through in live, the warlock class will still be but a shadow of its former self.

You can't honestly expect that EVERY single nerf we got will be reversed, or even turned into a buff can you? Nobody can be that naive.

Allso, it'd be naive to think anybody would be missed in a game, I realise this as well.
    Made up numbers are made up.

You don't understand the point of a beta do you?

The point is we're supposed to QQ and whine about nerfs and changes, so the devs actually know how we feel about them and can adjust accordingly.

Since I'm not in beta, this is the next best place to do it.

Either way, my first post in this topic stands, I don't like the entire general direction they're taking Wotlk in, even if they DO reverse all the warlock nerfs. You can say its still beta all you want, but its quite clear what direction they're going.

It's a damn shame too, I quite love the lore concerning Northrend, Arthas and all that.