Thread: Nerf bat hurts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Nerf bat hurts

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Um...the point of beta might be to give constructive criticism. QQ is a baby crying that the lolly is being taken away. Crying "Nerf" is not constructive feeback. Made up numbers are made up numbers, here is my made up number: 90% of the posts here deal with the "No..they have taken my lolly away" variant. For good measure sprinkled with "Blizzard doesn't care for xxx class" "Blizzard has no idea how to balance (insert random choice of pvp/pvp/classes/talent trees /zones / world peace / the weather / cookies)

And that you add you are not in the beta..um thanks for your honesty, but doesn't that make it second or third hand information you base your goodbye on? Maybe a mistake?
    Here I was thinking blue posts came straight from the source and thus could be considdered firsthand information. You sure proved me wrong.

Oh, you should know that if I would have access to beta forums, my criticism would be a LOT more constructive, becouse I know for a fact that devs actually read those forums and actually listen to the posts made there. Here, I prefer QQ'ing along with the rest of the locks that feel the same as I do.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by det
    No, but every EVERY class in the respective class forum is crying "We are nerfed, we are worthless, we are broke, everyone will reroll"

Every single class!!!
    i think mages a pretty happy right now
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You misunderstood.

I think everyone misunderstood the wording on fel armor and shadow embrace, go see the skill description.

Looks to me like ranks 3-5 of SE are still bugged and not displaying any value other than zero. That said, it's still a nerf, just not quite as bad as everyone thinks.

Some of these changes, I just fail to see as necessary. Particularly the DP/Fel Armor/CoEX ones. In regards to DP/Fel Armor, if one was making the other obsolete...why nerf both of them hard? And unless there's something I'm missing, one of the most melee vulnerable classes, even now with the teleport, just got a nerf against...melee. o.O

Death's Embrace now seems extremely lackluster for something that only becomes active below 20% of your target's health, but it might be just right. I've yet to see roughly what a Naxx-10 or Naxx-25 geared Lock comes up with for crit %. If it's high as is, who knows, the old 15% could have been over the top (but I doubt it).

Ultimately, it sucks that we took a lot of nerfs, but honestly, the only ones imo who have a right to complain are the PvPers. Everyone else took it equally hard in the ass with the nerf fornication rod. Also, if you suddenly reroll your class or quit the game because of your class, along with MANY classes, getting nerfed in one beta patch after getting tons of awesome shit, go die in a fire, seems like FotM rollers anyway.

For now, I'll keep watching and seeing how things progress. Nothing is live yet, it's not going live tomorrow, and we don't know what's ahead other than what we've been told. Doing anything other than giving feedback and waiting for the next patch, and the patch after, and it going live, is all we can do. Blizz isn't going to intentionally destroy the class THEY made, they aren't out to fuck you over and make you miserable, they aren't out to make swimming pools out of money and torture you by going ''nah, lets just ignore wow and try to make it go down the tube.'' Quit the bitching and nonsense claims that you're gonna quit when A) Nobody on MMO-Champ has anything to do with Blizzard, B) Nobody cares, even if you were to tell that to Blizz and C) If you were gonna quit, you would have done it one of the last 40 times you saw something you didn't like and made the same claim.

here are my thought for anyone who cares or doesnt care :P

1) They are still balancing so i wont get too mad yet

2) W .... T .... F.... are you thinking blizzard with shadow embrace. If in fact it is only 2 points get rid of the stupid reduction on HoTs effect and boost the damage. For one the "MS" effect needs to be stacked using spells that are sometimes difficult to cast in arena and second even with 2 stacks it SUCKS.

Seems like they want to see us life taping.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Seems like they want to see us life taping.
    Life Tapping is what makes a warlock a warlock, in Blizzard's eyes. With the previous spirit regen and 200% dark pact, I imagine there was little tapping going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSong
    C) If you were gonna quit, you would have done it one of the last 40 times you saw something you didn't like and made the same claim.
    The difference is this time around there's a very promising game about to be released wich could be a worthy successor to WoW, AND lots of people I know will be quitting wow for it as well.

If WAR turns out to be rubbish, wich I highly doubt, I'll probably come back to WoW, yes, but chances that I'll be playing my warlock then are incredibly slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrion
    The difference is this time around there's a very promising game about to be released wich could be a worthy successor to WoW, AND lots of people I know will be quitting wow for it as well.

If WAR turns out to be rubbish, wich I highly doubt, I'll probably come back to WoW, yes, but chances that I'll be playing my warlock then are incredibly slim.

Have fun i beta tested warhammer.... its a lot of fluff and ohs and ahs then you get to the buggy crappy end game of pvp boredom

As much as a hate to admit it, blizzard is the best there is at updating their MMO, keeping the MAJORITY (cant please everyone) happy, and bringing in new customers

I mean hell... ever see how many ppl STILL played diablo1 years after diablo2 was released

Blizzard is $$ and as much as i get pissed sometimes at changes the grass is deader on the other side of the fence

spriests suck again

Quote Originally Posted by melterofaces
    spriests suck again
    we honestly don't give a crap

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas
    Life Tapping is what makes a warlock a warlock, in Blizzard's eyes. With the previous spirit regen and 200% dark pact, I imagine there was little tapping going on.
    I'd rather not Life Tap tbh. I only want to use it in emergencies.
    It lowers dps way too much to be an effective way to regenerate mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    we honestly don't give a crap

I'd rather not Life Tap tbh. I only want to use it in emergencies.
    It lowers dps way too much to be an effective way to regenerate mana.

damn im still 99 posts behind you.. i have a lot of work to do

This post never happened <.<
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

damn im still 99 posts behind you.. i have a lot of work to do
    wut? o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    Says Warlock/Warrior
    I don't get it, this is the warlock forum, why bother posting about how spriests suck? we're not depending on them anymore.. why would we care about them sucking?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEmperor
    - Unstable Affliction (Tier 9) now silences the dispeller for 5 secs. (Previously 3 sec) (buff)
    It's buffed for PvP only. If you are raiding, soloing, ignore it.
    Actually, this isn't a buff at all. It's an un-nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    wut? o.0

I don't get it, this is the warlock forum, why bother posting about how spriests suck? we're not depending on them anymore.. why would we care about them sucking?
    Oh crap my bad, thought this was general T.T wow I am not awake this morning..

Says Warlock/Warrior

These changes were honestly unneeded, as someone who's played in beta, its just uncalled for. I don't even play a Priest but this is just a kick in the face.

Its like if Blizzard suddenly said to Locks that they don't get Haunt, Metamorphosis now just changes your art and gives you 30% more armor and that's it, and that your dot critting talent increases damage by 3%.

Oh and all your 10/15% talents are now 2/3%.

Randomly, for no given reason.
    they can have metamorphasis... id be happy
    they changed our art
    we got less armor and less soullink
    our dot critting talent will prob increase our dps by 3%

oh and most of our 10/15% talents were nerfed

damn you are right on for spriests AND for locks

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    they can have metamorphasis... id be happy
    they changed our art
    we got less armor and less soullink
    our dot critting talent will prob increase our dps by 3%

oh and most of our 10/15% talents were nerfed

damn you are right on for spriests AND for locks
    Yea but Spriests got hit a lot harder, they NEEDED those things to be viable in anything and they got taken away.

Ignore me though, I need to read more, thought this was a completely different thread xD

Yea but Spriests got hit a lot harder, they NEEDED those things to be viable in anything and they got taken away.

Ignore me though, I need to read more, thought this was a completely different thread xD

yea i saw what happened to spriest.. trust me as a lover of the shadowplay teams in arena i shed a small misty tear when i saw that...