Thread: Nerf bat hurts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Nerf bat hurts

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

yea i saw what happened to spriest.. trust me as a lover of the shadowplay teams in arena i shed a small misty tear when i saw that...
    Yep there goes all my Spriest - Ret Pally teams we had dreamed up.

On topic: I don't see when Metamorphosis would be viable, it doesn't make a good Oh Shit button in PvP (Banish, Exorcism interrupts), don't see its viability in Raiding, /maybe/ for soloing. Honestly its kinda a crap 51.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    Yep there goes all my Spriest - Ret Pally teams we had dreamed up.

On topic: I don't see when Metamorphosis would be viable, it doesn't make a good Oh Shit button in PvP (Banish, Exorcism interrupts), don't see its viability in Raiding, /maybe/ for soloing. Honestly its kinda a crap 51.
    quite situational, but not bad..

not all opponents will have a pally in their team, so that's when you pop it and obliterate the opposing team..

unless they outlast you, and you become useless after 45 seconds..

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    quite situational, but not bad..

not all opponents will have a pally in their team, so that's when you pop it and obliterate the opposing team..

unless they outlast you, and you become useless after 45 seconds..
    I look forward to chaining banish, fear on metamorphd locks just like i always enjoyed hibernating / cyclone other druids

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Blue post: (excerpt - from mmo frontpage, scroll a bit down)

Class Balancing - Methodology
    We have spreadsheets -- huge ones. We have values for characters in greens and raid buffed with epic gear. We have estimates of mob damage and health, character downtime, the benefits from enchants, gems and glyphs. We have conversion rates of mana to runic power to energy to rage. We look at damage per second, efficiency, button presses per second, typical rotations, movement vs. standing still, mobs vs. players and every other variable we can think of (and there are a LOT of them).

In the end we come up with an estimate for what an attack should do. We come up with a budget for talents and spells just like we have a budget for items at a given level. Sometimes those estimates are wrong because we forgot to take something into account, or because there's a bug in a talent or spell somewhere that messes up the calculation.

And then we do lots of testing, and to get a reality check on our tests, we compare them to the numbers people are reporting from the beta. Repeat as necessary. I've said this in a few posts: that our numbers can sometimes be wrong (as is the case almost any time you deal with numbers), but the methods we use to arrive at them are absolutely not sloppy. (Source)

Very high / low DPS for classes and balancing
    There are so many bugs in the data we're seeing right now, that they're good for detecting bugs, but not great yet for figuring out where everyone stands. Give it a couple of weeks and things will start to settle down. Currently we're getting situations where some classes are doing 3 to nearly 4 times the dps of others. Buffing every spec now to make sure they all hit 4000 dps would produce a very crazy game. Buffing anyone's dps until we've had a chance to analyze where each player's dps will derive from is premature.

It's an exciting time for us, because we finally get to see some level 80 characters in action. Getting so much data will finally let us get everyone adjusted. But we're going to need a decent sample size of data sets that we trust first. (Source)

Do you have a link where a blues says "Please QQ more" or did I missunderstood your quote?
    Now just because someone posted that doesn't mean you actually believe it, right?

The sheer number of changes that have taken place in this beta that are so absolutely ricidulous on their face has been astounding. I can't count the number of times I've read a change and said "Heh. That'll be changed by tomorrow"... and then it is. Kinda like shadow embrace (I've posted at least 4-5 times in the last few days about how affliction lock damage nerfs were on the immediate horizon, given the stupidly insane buffs it got about a week ago).

I really can see where people are coming from when they ask "Do the devs even play this game?"

And, hand-in-hand with that, I have a hard time believing the devs have spreadsheets, let alone lots of spreadsheets. And even if they do, they apparently have no idea how to use them. In that quote they say that they don't plan to buff anyone's DPS because they aren't in a position to do so without messing things up... and yet a few days ago they gave locks dots that crit, +20% dmg from shadow embrace, and announced instant corruption and the replacement of the -2.0s cast with +20% damage on corruption.

I'm totally convinced that Blizzard employs one developer. He makes up changes 8 hours a day. When he dreams of one that makes him think to himself "Wow! That sounds super cool!", it gets implemented the next day. Meanwhile, the dev is crossing his fingers, hoping that the change just so happens to not be ridiculously stupid. If it is stupid, the players point it out, complain like I am right here, and the dev thinks up some new, totally random change. If it isn't stupid, WoW players call him a genius.

I look forward to chaining banish, fear on metamorphd locks just like i always enjoyed hibernating / cyclone other druids
    I can already imagine it..

Usually when i play my druid I end up chain CC'ing warriors with roots and cyclone while my partner chases after his healer

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    Now just because someone posted that doesn't mean you actually believe it, right?

The sheer number of changes that have taken place in this beta that are so absolutely ricidulous on their face has been astounding. I can't count the number of times I've read a change and said "Heh. That'll be changed by tomorrow"... and then it is. Kinda like shadow embrace (I've posted at least 4-5 times in the last few days about how affliction lock damage nerfs were on the immediate horizon, given the stupidly insane buffs it got about a week ago).

I really can see where people are coming from when they ask "Do the devs even play this game?"

And, hand-in-hand with that, I have a hard time believing the devs have spreadsheets, let alone lots of spreadsheets. And even if they do, they apparently have no idea how to use them. In that quote they say that they don't plan to buff anyone's DPS because they aren't in a position to do so without messing things up... and yet a few days ago they gave locks dots that crit, +20% dmg from shadow embrace, and announced instant corruption and the replacement of the -2.0s cast with +20% damage on corruption.

I'm totally convinced that Blizzard employs one developer. He makes up changes 8 hours a day. When he dreams of one that makes him think to himself "Wow! That sounds super cool!", it gets implemented the next day. Meanwhile, the dev is crossing his fingers, hoping that the change just so happens to not be ridiculously stupid. If it is stupid, the players point it out, complain like I am right here, and the dev thinks up some new, totally random change. If it isn't stupid, WoW players call him a genius.
    actually changes are made by super smart manatees that collect balls with a word on them, then they combine the words to form changes to classes

actually changes are made by super smart manatees that collect balls with a word on them, then they combine the words to form changes to classes
    Exactly!
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

you noob..

everyone knows they use a Sea Otter.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    I am totally convinced that you don't understand the purpose of a beta. How many times do Blizzard need to state that they haven't even begun to start balancing the numbers yet before people can understand that this is not an issue. Is it so hard to understand that time spent balancing the numbers when the talent trees are still in such a state of flux is time that would have been wasted.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    I am totally convinced that you don't understand the purpose of a beta. How many times do Blizzard need to state that they haven't even begun to start balancing the numbers yet before people can understand that this is not an issue. Is it so hard to understand that time spent balancing the numbers when the talent trees are still in such a state of flux is time that would have been wasted.
    Beta is the Beta, What happens is they buff a class up get some numbers then review the talent trees to see how they can bring them down then after they got them closer to "balance" they can fine tune them. This Xpack has the largest sweeping class changes since WoW went live. The idea is to make it so you pick a class not so much because of the class but because of the player. This i think will fall flat on its face in the end but that's a personal opinion.

Sometimes i think they buff a class to be ridiculous just to give the people in Beta a taste of what it would be like to be ridiculously over powered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

So Kalgan stopped playing his Warlock eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    So Kalgan stopped playing his Warlock eh?
    No fear my dear friend, the few of us that will continue playing will most probably overcrowd your class

believing is good

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Rolling a rogue in advance is better. :-\

15+ Year Old Account

so lets compare this.

rogues are complaining about obviously not being #1 dd anymore.
    wls are complaining, that the nerf bat smashed them right into the face.
    warriors are complaing about TG getting -15% hit.
    druids are complaing to get not one spec for tank and kitty and for resto to not be as strong single target healers as the rest
    paladins are complainig about still not being a good group healer as the rest.
    priests are complaining about shadowspec being useless in wotlk because of retridins and sv huntards.
    hunters are complaining about skills recently added in wotlk are gonna be not that uber they seem to be in beginning.
    shamans are complaining as well, that they can do anything but nothing as good as some of the "predicted" classes.
    mages are complainig that they do not get some uberleet buff than all the other classes get.
    and finally deathknights complain about not to be this OP class a "hero class" is supposed to be.

erm... yes. sounds like being balanced, doesn't it? :> kinda funny.

I think, blizzard is going to be a quite well job. any class has it "well-time" - classic it was a rogue at the start, at the end anything that have had T3, bc at the start it was mage and warrior, at the end it was anything playing with a druid, so wotlk there will be some class, too - but it the end everything well bit in most ways more or less be balanced. I really don't understand this whining post all over every thread :<

Quote Originally Posted by Koris
    Rolling a rogue in advance is better. :-\
    my rogue is ready and rolling in full s3 since mid s3 :P
    my resto shammy was my new target, but it seems that resto shammy won't be the "imba healer" in wotlk :P
    guess i'll continue doing 1 lvl a day for my warrior or my druid :X

/bubble
    /lol
    /spit
    /s LOL Locktard
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

/tar retardin
    /sexy
    /rofl