15+ Year Old Account

Yet another little slap in the face.

Look at the new blue post and tell the shaman community what good it brought us? Thunderstorm, they said that it wasn't their intention to drop the knockback to 5 yards, simply that they didn't want it to knock people UP so far. Now it's 6 yards. Seriously? At this point, it's like a bad joke everytime I read the newest blue posts. I'm so glad I'm being forced to level another character to have fun, when in this expansion, everyone was supposed to be put on a level playing field.

Re: Yet another little slap in the face.

Yeah, it really feels as if developer A has no clue what community manager B talks about. Total lack of inter-communication at Blizzard? I mean don't they have any class work sheets hanging at the wall at their office? Things are really getting frightening if you ask me ???

Notice the AoE effect was increased to 10yd though? If people just read the whole sentence correctly -_-

it was 10y since alpha, and how does it help? 5 or 6 yards are nothing, any meleer will be on us faster than GCD will even run out

Indeed. This spell is might be useful for interupting a caster and useless against melee. But in order to interupt a caster you have to get close. Too bad that elemental is about range The 41! point talent Typhoon is way better for this because it is a ranged spell. Too funy that their 41 point talent is way better thought out than our 51 point talent which just feels like "Erm, what's the point?"

I totally agree, Elemental will most likely die in WoTlK at this nerf rate.

If you look at Maelstrom Weapon for enhancement, then you know what i mean.

What I especially like about enhancement that it features way more synergy with our non-melee skills. Maelstrom weapon is a very good example because Maelstrom weapon boosts our hybrid nature. Build up crits through melee than decide which spell to use. Mental Quickness improves spell power and therefore our hybrid nature. So does Mental Dexterity. Elemental just look soooo ... uninspiring if you know what I mean?

Well, if you choose for enhancement, you chose for a melee spec right ???
    then why actually combine it with elemental? (ranged)

most likely enhancement shamans will do twice the dmg elemental shaman will be able to do.

like our chance was already 0,000 to find 2 vs 2/3 vs 3 teams (other classes are better with more CC), only 5 vs 5 would work, when you got totems up, purged and used heroism, you actually already done your job for that fight.

I tend to disagree a bit. After all shamans are still a caster/melee hybrid. If I wanted to focus on melee alone I would have rolled a rogue or warrior since those classes are all about melee and nothing but melee. It always strikes me if I see an enhancement shaman rooted and doing ... nothing. I mean casting a CL is better than nothing. And Maelstrom weapon will help even more. If someone gets aways just throw a CL or whatever after him. Or get an instant heal on yourself (now that Maelstrom weapon will be changed back). See it this way: rogues and melees _must_ get close to their target. We on the other hand still have some ranged tools. Of course not as powerful as an elemental shaman but better than nothing.

Blizzard did it just to make you angry.

Thats right. YOU.

Well guys guess this is the end of the shaman class QQ nerf droods.

Im really getting tired of the term "A slap in the face from Blizzard"

Nah, the developers dont really want class balance they just wanna be malicious in any way possible.

Its just like the "Hardcores" who claim changes that make the game easier for casuals are a "slap in the face".

This is why "Your World Will Crumble" needs to be a stickied thread. Bunch of freakin monkeys runnin this forum or it would be already.
    Rocket Sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by woeye
    I tend to disagree a bit. After all shamans are still a caster/melee hybrid. If I wanted to focus on melee alone I would have rolled a rogue or warrior since those classes are all about melee and nothing but melee. It always strikes me if I see an enhancement shaman rooted and doing ... nothing. I mean casting a CL is better than nothing. And Maelstrom weapon will help even more. If someone gets aways just throw a CL or whatever after him. Or get an instant heal on yourself (now that Maelstrom weapon will be changed back). See it this way: rogues and melees _must_ get close to their target. We on the other hand still have some ranged tools. Of course not as powerful as an elemental shaman but better than nothing.
    Well then, why does the Elemental tree even excist? since then you can rather pick mage, warlock, boomkin druid? or any other ranged class right? as you say it.

Maybe enhancement shamans will do less dmg with their spells as elemental, but an (almost) instant lava burst, which does maybe 500 less dmg then elemental? = still 2x more burst then elemental?

totally unbalanced, they should be doing smt about it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trolgar
    Blizzard did it just to make you angry.

Thats right. YOU.

Well guys guess this is the end of the shaman class QQ nerf droods.

Im really getting tired of the term "A slap in the face from Blizzard"

Nah, the developers dont really want class balance they just wanna be malicious in any way possible.

Its just like the "Hardcores" who claim changes that make the game easier for casuals are a "slap in the face".

This is why "Your World Will Crumble" needs to be a stickied thread. Bunch of freakin monkeys runnin this forum or it would be already.
    Didn't say anything about nerfing druids. Didn't say anything about Blizzard being malicious. As a matter of fact, I think APATHY is the correct term in the case. They don't care what effect their changes have on the least played class, because not that many people will care. And I get tired of someone who most likely plays one of the classes with NO WORRIES coming into a topic and claiming that shaman are a bunch of QQ'ers. You have no clue.

another thing. Did you notice the badge gear? All the totems are exactly the same, regardless of name.

Now, I know people are saying, it's just a mistake. But seriously, all the way from creation to beta, and we get another boneheaded itemization error that should not have gotten past the drawing board.

Who codes for the shaman class? Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    Hm, maybe trainees? You know, as a trainee you need to start somewhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    it looks ilke it was coded by my younger bro, whose programs in pascal never worked

Deleted

Removed the kindergarden flamefest from Trolgar & Ägallar. Exchange MSN addresses and go fight eachother like that, but not on these forums.

Consider this your final warning.

So I was bored and realised that since my account is inactive I can't post on the official forums but at the moment this picture really describes how I feel (and how a lot of shamans on forums I've seen feel):