Thunderstorm nerf - staying the way it is?

I know theres been several posts about this, and now the new change: from 5 to 6 yards! yay...(and some dmg nerf. btw. Could anyone post the pre. nerf dmg compared to the current one? Thanks in advance)

Ok, the buff made me think that all the information regarding "the nerf is a unintended bug/change/whatever" might be, sorry for my language, bullshit, cause why would they change it to 6 yards when they could easily fix the spell mechanic to make the angle of the pushback lower and still approx. 20 yards. Well, even if this is harder than it looks, why didn't they just keep it at 5 yards till the problem was solved?

Oh well, the thing I was wondering about is if there are any confirmation from blizz or a blue post that confirms that the spell is still bugged, as of the 6 yard change, or is not staying the way it is? if anything, please post it here, thanks for your time.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Re: Thunderstorm nerf - staying the way it is?

Seemed that geared shamans would spike 1-2k per mob hit in the Thunderstorm AoE (some more, some less, but that was the average). Now it's doing around 800-1200 damage per mob hit in the AoE.

major nerf that :< damnit
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    Seemed that geared shamans would spike 1-2k per mob hit in the Thunderstorm AoE (some more, some less, but that was the average). Now it's doing around 800-1200 damage per mob hit in the AoE.
    sounds to me, like imp. fire nova is far better than this thunderstorm incarnation :/

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Yep, no longer worth the point.

The way it is now, they should just keep the name and completely rework the spell.

I dunno. Increase the mana gain, keep it an PBAoE and make it push us away instead? Offensively used by running into mobs/players and getting pushed out of range so you can continue DPSing. Defensively used by pushing yourself away of harm's reach. Probably a bit too similar to Hunter's Disengage.

This is all under the assumption that developer's did not consider the implications of 20yd pushback.

The previous incarnation didn't really have an amazing PvE aspect, so I hope they're doing something about that too.

Ok, I've been keeping my cool about this for a bit. I figured, "Ya, 5 yards, and they admitted that's not the way it should work...ok, I buy it."

If I had known that they meant it to be 6...I probably would have joined in on the raging masses.

Does blizzard think the shaman community is stupid?

Well blizz, remember this...never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by dimiaerl
    The way it is now, they should just keep the name and completely rework the spell.

I dunno. Increase the mana gain, keep it an PBAoE and make it push us away instead? Offensively used by running into mobs/players and getting pushed out of range so you can continue DPSing. Defensively used by pushing yourself away of harm's reach. Probably a bit too similar to Hunter's Disengage.

This is all under the assumption that developer's did not consider the implications of 20yd pushback.

The previous incarnation didn't really have an amazing PvE aspect, so I hope they're doing something about that too.
    I like the sound of that one, pushing us away instead of pushing them, and in that way we wouldn't be able to exploit it at AV bridge, EOTS flag, boats and... You get the idea..

Well blizz, remember this...never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    QFT
    Don't Fwoosh me.