http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...00000000000000
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Re: survival raiding build

This is not a raiding build... Or why did you choose the trap talents? For raiding, they are nearly useless. Same goes vor Wyvern Sting w/o Noxious Stings...

The build I want to try is
    with a Wind Serpent...

3/3 TNT increases explosive shot crit chance by 9%, sounds like a good deal
    Trap mastery increases trap time by 3% which makes Point of no escape viable (6% increased crit on all attacks on targets affected by frost or freezing) could be nice for multi shot also

noxious stings would be nice, but like i said, im not in beta so im just speculating but they increased crit chance of explosive shot from TNT and increased crit chance from point of no escape seems like it could make up the difference and since thrill of the hunt returns mana and crits it seems like it could be pretty viable.
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

personally i would go with this spec for raiding.

mind you as a survival hunter, your crit rating is going to be through the roof to start with, and thats with crappy gear. being that it is indeed (currently) a gear dependant spec, the crit rating only goes up from what you have now.

right now, raid buffed, i'm sitting at around 45% crit sauce. having the extra 9% chance to crit on explosive shot MAY be nice enough to get mostly because it uses talent points that would be wasted otherwise. master tactician, i find, is a waste of talent points if you're sitting at 45% crit. as would be the case with point of no return.

i havent decided whether focused aim will be good or not now that the new "2 hits and no more time loss on casting" rule is in, but i would still go with it in general.

careful aim i see as a must have for raiding just because of the extra DPS boost you get from having all that extra intellect now that they're doing itemization with shamans more. it will be like having another might on you at all times.

however i would say that it is indeed a smart idea to get imp aspect of the hawk. as it is now in BC live, its more prudent to use viper and have blessing of might, just because you eat mana like a fiend as survival, even using a 3:2 rotation. however! with hunting party PLUS ToTH, you're going to be getting a steady supply of free mana.

there's no doubt in my mind that you should always have GFtT as a survival hunter, HOWEVER, mortal shots is HELLA important for your dps. i dont know if i would sacrifice points from focused aim or from imp aspect of the hawk.

anyway, if you thought "tl;dr" then oh well.

Deleted

If you have more than 90 int, Carefull Aym will be better than Improved Hunters Mark. Actually, perhaps you would want to check out the (several long) posts ive made in this topic: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15269.0

Through that, you can also see why my raiding build will most likely be:

From my calculations in the other thread, at least until anybody argues against them, i will say that the above is a fairly strong raiding build (if the damage from Serpent Sting is pitifull, the two points can be moved to GFTT, or if you really, really, really think Sniper Training isnt a retarted talent, you can put them in that.

- Masters tactician is a godlike talent.
    - Noxious stings is slightly worse than Sniper Training (about 25 DPS), but Sniper Training drops you several hundred DPS if you cant get range.
    - Imp. Hunters mark is a lot worse than both Carefull Aym and Noxious stings.
    - Lock and load is a must
    - Rapid killing is absolutely awesome for survival, giving you two rapid fires each three minutes with readiness, instead of just one if you use your readiness on that.
    - Hawk Eye is fairly redundant, and with the way the tree is set up, i have other things i would rather spend points on. In TBC, hawk eye is just a filler, but i dont need it now.
    - Wyvern sting is always fun, and you need it for NS anyways
    - Anyone not taking 5/5 mortal shots should be mortally shot.

For arguments for most of these claims above, please see the post i linked to.

Im sitting with 40% *unbuffed* these days, and i still think MT is godlike, and even moreso in WOTLK.

Ok, with Hunting Party, is there a cooldown on it after it pops? Like will it be refreshed everytime you crit if you have 5/5 or is there some sort of diminishing returns to it. If it does continously refresh then you probably only need 4/5 maybe 3/5 in it right? If that is the case you could put the extra point in imp stings and/or imp hunter's mark.

if it works same as FI in TBC then every crit counts...
    but what if it counts only crits when buff isnt active...

if you crit before the 15 seconds are up, it refreshes.

no stacks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by oneatari
    if you crit before the 15 seconds are up, it refreshes.

no stacks.
    now...does it refresh on the same people who had the buff previously? or does it move to the new bottom 10. if so...the way survival hunters crit (ive seen 60% buffed in raids easy), this will be refreshed many times inside the 15 seconds.

if it refreshes the 10 people who already have the buff, what happens if they have 10 seconds remaining on one, but the next refresh goes to a different target because they are no longer bottom 10 in mana? do they lose the last 10 seconds on their refreshment, or do you now have 11 people with the buff?

does that make sense?
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Deleted

As far as i know, it will always be put on the 10 people with the lowest mana. That means that if 10 people gets it, and one of them gets to 100% mana, once you reapply it, 9 of them will get the buff refreshed but another one has moved lower.

Aight... so you are agreeing that if you have ~35-40% chance to crit and you have a 60-80% chance to apply HP when you crit... it should stay up the entire time right? Just about atleast... so you wouldn't neccessarily need 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Aym
    If you have more than 90 int, Carefull Aym will be better than Improved Hunters Mark. Actually, perhaps you would want to check out the (several long) posts ive made in this topic: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15269.0

Through that, you can also see why my raiding build will most likely be:

From my calculations in the other thread, at least until anybody argues against them, i will say that the above is a fairly strong raiding build (if the damage from Serpent Sting is pitifull, the two points can be moved to GFTT, or if you really, really, really think Sniper Training isnt a retarted talent, you can put them in that.

- Masters tactician is a godlike talent.
    - Noxious stings is slightly worse than Sniper Training (about 25 DPS), but Sniper Training drops you several hundred DPS if you cant get range.
    - Imp. Hunters mark is a lot worse than both Carefull Aym and Noxious stings.
    - Lock and load is a must
    - Rapid killing is absolutely awesome for survival, giving you two rapid fires each three minutes with readiness, instead of just one if you use your readiness on that.
    - Hawk Eye is fairly redundant, and with the way the tree is set up, i have other things i would rather spend points on. In TBC, hawk eye is just a filler, but i dont need it now.
    - Wyvern sting is always fun, and you need it for NS anyways
    - Anyone not taking 5/5 mortal shots should be mortally shot.

For arguments for most of these claims above, please see the post i linked to.

Im sitting with 40% *unbuffed* these days, and i still think MT is godlike, and even moreso in WOTLK.
    one thing, u forget, u need 3 points in imp stings, 1 point in imp stings is better than 1 point in noxious.