Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who will get Kings?

Simple question: Now that Kings is t1 (regardless of it now costing 5 pts BOOOO!), what specs will be picking this up? As a protadin, I'm looking at foregoing Kings in favor of Reckoning, because of a combination of the new 'chance to activate on block'-ness and because BoSanc is looking delicious. That being said, Will Retadins have enough points to spare to put it in their build? What about Holydins? Any other comments/ concerns?

Re: Who will get Kings?

As a retribution paladin im going for kings, after spending all talent points for the talents that are nessesary for pve in the retribution tree... gues now when holy paladins wont get any benefits from filling the talents in the retribution tree, they will go after kings... specialy pve holydins...

Deleted

On my protadin I will skip BoK. On my holydin I will get it. Simple as that.

15+ Year Old Account

Unless you have a solid raiding/guild group of paladins who can guarantee to be reliably on, then everyone will be taking it at the start.

Assuming three pals in a raid, one of each spec, then someone other than the prot pal will need to take it, at least.

It's almost like they gutted kings in response to calls to make it baseline/ more accessible. Sorta like what they did with fear ward. On the bright side, i always did hate having to pick up kings, so now that it's a waste of points, i won't be frowned upon for bypassing it.

If their going to do this to it, just leave it where it was. Or invent a new tier 1 talent.

Anything but this.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Its really too many points. Was 1 point, so any prot pala could easy get, now is 5 points.

For a PVE ret pally spec is easy to get, you can get all talents you need, and kings. For PVP i wont get kings at all.
    here's a ret PVE build: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

And as holy you can easily get kings also:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

But as prot spec, i wouldnt get kings, too points heavy, and you need those points for better talents.

Now that I can't get sheath of light, getting kings will be much easier for me as a holy paladin. NOt exactly the change I was hoping for but it's way better than what it originally was.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhammer
    As a retribution paladin im going for kings, after spending all talent points for the talents that are nessesary for pve in the retribution tree... gues now when holy paladins wont get any benefits from filling the talents in the retribution tree, they will go after kings... specialy pve holydins...
    Actually with Sanctified Seals being made available to anyone Holydins will still go deep into Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowittajako
    Paladins cry now because its 5 Point talent in Tier1 instead 1 point talent that requires 11 points? Cant you see, Now you get kings witho only 5 points in Protection tree, atm you have to put 11 points to get it. For Holy Paladins this is nice change.
    It's pretty much made for Ret to pick up, holy has to give up a lot still now that 18 pt into Ret get's you 8% crit.

Protadin wont take it, other spec who were spending 11 pts to get it now gonna be glad to take it only for 5 pts.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

K, just making sure I'm not the only protadin being selfish here. ;D

There has *never* been a 4 point talent in the History of World of Warcraft, nor has there ever been an activated ability on the first tier (at least, as far back as I can remember, and I have a pretty decent memory). With the gaps in Tier 3, I think this is a clear indication that the Protection Tree isn't done yet. I don't think this will remain like this for very long.

Most likely (and this would be my suggestion); Blessing of Kings will become baseline, offering a 5% increase to all stats. An ability on Tier 1 or 2 Protection will increase this by 1/3/5%, bringing it back to the regular 10% for the cost of 3 talent points. Similar to the talent tree in my signature.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Never been a 4 point talent?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zL

Oh snap.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    There has *never* been a 4 point talent in the History of World of Warcraft, nor has there ever been an activated ability on the first tier (at least, as far back as I can remember, and I have a pretty decent memory). With the gaps in Tier 3, I think this is a clear indication that the Protection Tree isn't done yet. I don't think this will remain like this for very long.

Most likely (and this would be my suggestion); Blessing of Kings will become baseline, offering a 5% increase to all stats. An ability on Tier 1 Protection will increase this by 1/3/5%, bringing it back to the regular 10% for the cost of 3 talent points.
    Nature's grasp has been there pretty much always
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Yep, I fully admit I missed one. That's what I get for never playing a Druid.

But it still seems to me that 4-point talents are the exception rather than the rule, and the Kings -> Imp. Kings thing feels bloated and pointless.
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

As a holy pally, I am excited about the change. It may cost 5 points now but it is still 6 points cheaper to pick it up than it used to be.

If all the trees were to stay as they are right now, and I know they won't, this will be my spec at 80: 51/5/15

Covers all the standard holy stuff, pickups kings, and allows for some of those tasty crit talents in the ret tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I have to respectfully disagree, it makes much more sense in it's current form - as a prot I always kinda had to take it as a filler, now I don't have to anymore.
    Part of being a Paladin is blessing your allies; just because we'll never use BoK on ourselves due to the awesome changes to BoSanc doesn't mean we won't be expected to provide BoK to other players. While this might not be a problem in 10 and 25-man raids, it will be in 5-mans.

I think the "What? You're Protection! You don't have Kings?!" response will still be heard quite often.

A blessing expected as often as Kings should just be baseline, but reduced in effectiveness so ti's not a 'catch-all' blessing. Provide early Prot with a talent to restore it to it's 10% effectiveness; holy and ret can still grab it, but it's not 5 'wasted' talent points if Prot wants to grab it too for Heroics.
    - & Author of -
    - Angor Coast-

holy have points to do it without any problems, aswell as retri, but i dont really see the need for the prot to get it, if u going with all 3 speccs in 25 man i would go for holy and retri or just the holy with kings, just my opinion.

I'd still like to know if you can pick up just 1 point in BoK (with +2% to stats) and still get Greater BoK (with +10% to stats). The skills page on MMO still lists the 10% to Greater BoK with the new 5 point BoK Talent. Can anyone in the beta give some news on this?

The problem with Ret Pally is that they still need 10 Points in Prot. 5 for Kings and 5 for Divine Strenght.

I rather take the 11 points with stoicim and Guardians Favor.