Re: Updated Pve shadow build

in the current build misery is broken, 1,2and3 points all add 3% hit, so 2 wasted points as things stand.

who knows what they'll do to it, maybe 1% per point in which case we need to spend 6 talent points for 6% hit and 6% spell cost reduction,

if its changed to 3% per point we get 12% hit, which means we only need 5% from gear, which is 164 hit rating, which aint a lot(2pieces of 10man naxx t7 has 79hit) with 60 on a staff you only need one more bit of +hit to cap. then its the same old +Dam +dam +dam since spirit has just been nurfed,

1 spirit now equals 0.10spell or 0.11 after a crit MB or SWD... which is poo, especially since you can just spec for an improved shadow fiend and dispersion and get 2 mana abilities every 3 mins (now that dispersion is just an evocation).

I cant see the mana regen element of spirit being usefull now (maybe in naxx while you've got low INT) as 4int = 60mana = 1.5mp5 from VT and an extra 21.6 mana from dispersion (which is equivilent to 0.6mp5 steady) so 4 int = 2.1mp5 and 1 int = 0.525mp5

Normal Spirit regain is calculated using the formula (well it is in live anyway)
    Mana Regen = 5 * sqrt(Int) * Spirit * Base_Regen

base_regen lowers as you lv, at 70 it is 0.009327 so lets assume that its the same at 80(it wont it will be lower) and a 15k mana pool, which is about 844 int (a lot i know, but i want to really test spirit)

mana regen = is 5* Sqrt(844)*0.009327*spirit = 1.35*spirit mp5 while not in the 5 second rule(WHICH YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN), so, meditation is 30% and imp spirit tap is now 10%increase in spirit and 20% regain

NON CRIT
    30% of 1.35*spirit = so 1 spirit = 0.405 mp5
    after a crit
    50% of 1.35*spirit*1.1 = so 1 spirit = 0.7425
    (THIS IS BASED ON THE LV 70 spirit factor, IT WILL BE LOWER THAN THIS IF THEY DONT CHANGE THIER METHODS)

as we cant crit that often due to colldown my guess is that the actual figure will be inbetween the two

compaire that to int = 0.525 mp5

So spirit is no better than int for a SP to regain mana,

spirit has got the 0.1 spell damage, so 80 spirit is 8 spell damage, but 80 int is about 1% extra crit chance, which is better than 8 spell imo.

anyhow, i started this post as a small one and theory crafted my way to this massive one