Combine this-combine that

Hello All

With quite a few of the talents in all classes, there seems to be a mantra for Lich King to combine this and combine that. Dual purpose or dual effect talents. With the latest few builds it seems like they are adding-removing, reducing-improving such talents in order to crunch numbers.

As for the priest class, here are a few I would combine.

1: Combine Fortitude and Divine Spirit into one buff and place Imp DS into the Holy tree.

2:Combine Vampiric Embrace and Vampiric Touch, make it a 51 pt. talent. Put Dispersion up were Imp. Psychic Scream was, because it is now part of Horror.

3: Combine Lightwell and Circle of Healing, Circle goes first...leaves a well. Only one Well up at a time.

4: Combine Imp.Power Word Shield and Reflective Shield.

That about does it, any holes or gaps left in the trees can be filled up with the " ones that didn't make it".

Now get back to your desk and crunch those numbers and I'll see you on Nov 5th.

Thank you and have a pleasant evening.

Re: Combine this-combine that

why the fuck is eveyone posting "ideas" or suggestion how to make things better or how they want it?
    where is the point? as long as you dont post it on the beta forums nobody who could to anything will read this , and as times passes after hundreds of those threads they begin to be very annoying ..

Quote Originally Posted by Skidnik
    Hello All

With quite a few of the talents in all classes, there seems to be a mantra for Lich King to combine this and combine that. Dual purpose or dual effect talents. With the latest few builds it seems like they are adding-removing, reducing-improving such talents in order to crunch numbers.

1: Combine Fortitude and Divine Spirit into one buff and place Imp DS into the Holy tree.

2:Combine Vampiric Embrace and Vampiric Touch, make it a 51 pt. talent. Put Dispersion up were Imp. Psychic Scream was, because it is now part of Horror.

3: Combine Lightwell and Circle of Healing, Circle goes first...leaves a well. Only one Well up at a time.

That about does it, any holes or gaps left in the trees can be filled up with the " ones that didn't make it".

1: lets be realistic: its one thing making DS and IDS require less points in discipline tree but combining it with Fortitude buff and moving to holy is well...
    2: no, the only way i see this as being implemented is making VT heal as well as return mana, and forget of embrace - i think its a mistake, embrace not costing much mana and having a long timer, whats the point of combining them? and as a 51 pointer, i see no sence.
    3: Ye right. i wouldn't even bother expaining.
    4: thats a nice idea yet, reflective sheild should still stay deaper in discipline, and sometimes you don't want your sheild to be reflective (i don't take it for my pvp specc so i won't feed warriors with rage), just to absord alot of dmg (as much as possiable).

Quote Originally Posted by Esra
    why the fuck is eveyone posting "ideas" or suggestion how to make things better or how they want it?
    where is the point? as long as you dont post it on the beta forums nobody who could to anything will read this , and as times passes after hundreds of those threads they begin to be very annoying ..
    Someone in the beta could see a post like this like it and post it on the beta forums. Also who's to say Blizzard reps don't visit and read these fourms, its unlikely but its possible.

Haha

Sorry for annoying you..... your constructive criticism combined with your intelligent foresight leads me to believe a realm change will not help you.

But with the recent announcement of PvE to PvP transfers i'm sure you'll find a new home and fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidnik
    Hello All

Sorry, I think a lot of these ideas are unrealistic and completely unbalanced from a power point of view.

1. Combining fort with spirit would buff what is probably considered one of the most powerful buffs available. Fort buff is only provided by priests and there is no similar buff that another class can bring. By increasing it's power you would only hurt the disc tree by making them unable to bring anything unique the other 2 priest specs can bring and create a reliance on the priest class in the new raid environment.

2. The best you can hope for is a slight reworking of 51 point talents, they certainly aren't going to merge 2 existing talents and call that the new 51 point talent. I felt it was a mistake to reduce the damage reduction to 60% but it's been annouced to move it back to 90%. Plenty of priests have different opinions on the talent but as a spriest i'm happy with the damage reduction and mana return.

3. This would be a very clumsy mechanic... do you realise how many times a holy priest will cast CoH in an encounter? How do you proposed the lightwell effect work? I'm no fan of lightwell and would prefer a different 31 point talent but this idea wasn't well thought through i'm afraid. CoH dominated BC end game raiding as it was, it's certainly not going to get another effect added to it, if anything a slight nerf is more likely.

4. This is the only idea that has some type of merit... however I don't feel that adding a damage effect to what is primarily a healing/protection spell makes it any more desirable. The reflective shield talent is more in the tree as a PvP alternative and as someone already posted they choose not to take it for a reason. I think the reflective shield should stay seperate and people can choose to take it based on their playstyle and tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Esra
    Because blizzard state that they do read other forums other than their own. People can link to it also. Plus, while you might THINK we care if it bothers you. We don't. If you want to be constructive when replying to a thread, feel free. But walking in, swearing a bunch just makes you look silly honestly.

To respond to the OP, and I will only reply to the shadow changes because I don't play holy:

Vampritic embrace is great actually seperate... the reason being simply that sometimes we don't want the extra threat that VE provides.

First off, thank you for coming to my defense in this thread and a couple of others. Constructive criticism are why forums exist....

Joining up the vampiric's i don't see as a problem. Reduced threat comes in 2 forms for shadow this time around and i'll more than likely end up dumping 2 points back into Imp VE at Lvl 80.

VT single handedly did what a 41 pt. talent should do, it took the class and spec to places it would have otherwise never seen. And now....it's just a sub-par Dot in its current form.

Dispersion the new final talent spell was worthy with 90%-Health and mana and would have worked for pvp and pve. Now with 90% and just mana...no health...not only is it not worthy at all for pvp or pve, its not a 51 pt. talent either. I really like the idea of the dispersion spell, heck i would actually buff the spell to atleast 8% over 8 seconds.

I've seen this happen many times before in the priest class were they have a end spec talent but just can't make it work. It seems though that they are bound and determined to give us yet another mana regen spell-tool-gimmick-pet.

I for one just want one spell, not several...that will regen health-mana- and do dmg.

Dispersion without the health regen factor is worth 20 pts into shadow. Join the vampiric's figure out the times, the regen and the dmg and make it a 51 pointer. Too simple really

I've joined together a bunch of talents in the mock talent tree that I posted in my thread.

You basicly CAN'T join VE with VT for one simple reason (someone said that already I think), If you use VE in high end PvE on 80%+ trash pulls you will overagro, because VE is Agrro-Bomb.
    And about dispersion, it's fine looking from PvE perspective, however it fails pretty much from PvP perspective. It's supposed to be life saver eh? So if we use it at lets say 2k HP, and we can't do anything while we have it active - cant heal up, then after efect is gone we are dead in one hit, right? Imo they should give us health regen back, maybe just reduce it to 5% every sec or so...