Prot paladins useable in PvP?

With the large increases in damage and getting and alot more surviability talents (toughness 50% slow reduction) I wonder if prot paladins could be useful in PvP? If Health scales in the likes it does in BC we could see a usefulness. Trying to bash down Highly armored 20K+ health..

Re: Prot paladins useable in PvP?

by useable are u talking arena?

if so no

Quote Originally Posted by Charmin
    by useable are u talking arena?

if so no
    na, just normal PvP (battlegrounds and lake wintergrasp)

Prot pallies in Arena? LOLOL ;3

Then again i've seen the talk about SotR and HotR doing insane amounts of damage for a prot class ...

All i can say is that i like these changes. Since we lose the -30% threat buff for everybody we are gunna need some way to compensate. Raw power seems to be the way ^_^

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

The only use for prot paladins and warriors I see in PvP is carrying the flag otherwise if you can kill people your good :P

now we can carry the flag AND kill attackers lol

Blizz has stated they want Prot specs to be PvP viable. Also, Avengers Shield is now instant, does more damage, and dazes for 10 seconds. This should certainly help.

you can Glyph Avenger's Shield to hit only 1 target and do double damage to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    you can Glyph Avenger's Shield to hit only 1 target and do double damage to it.
    That too. I still think it would be funny to slow a whole 3v3 team for kicks.

Edit:

But, yeah, the Glyph is awesome in all regards.

I hear that the shield block value from strength is getting buffed big time.
    Anyone have the numbers on this?

because it would be possible to get the +15% str talent, full kings, 1h weapon spec, the new redoubt and shield of the templar for some omgwtf hit me dmg every 6 seconds from Shield of the Righteous which is 240% of your SBV to HOLY dmg (and only 6% base mana). not to mention some of the other cool stuff, and high survivability.

just curious was the str to shield block value conversion is so i can do some math 8)

2 Strength = 1 Block Value. Old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    2 Strength = 1 Block Value. Old news.
    ok, good.
    Now does anyone know what base STR is for a lvl 80 pally?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory
    ok, good.
    Now does anyone know what base STR is for a lvl 80 pally?
    I'm just gonna solve your questions now. In 10 man Naxx gear Shield of the Righteous does roughly 4000 damage. No confirmation on whether or not it recieves 50% or 100% crit damage bonus.

Thank Basutai for the numbers.

I'm just gonna solve your questions now. In 10 man Naxx gear Shield of the Righteous does roughly 4000 damage. No confirmation on whether or not it recieves 50% or 100% crit damage bonus.

Thank Basutai for the numbers.
    ~thanks batusai~
    but i already did my calculations. ah i had fun.
    1 question though, is the 'roughly 4000 damage' non critical?

I imagine thats supposed to be non crit since there isnt any confirmation on its multiplier...
    My calculations showed much lower, nearly half, though i suspect this is because of the gear i have chosen to test it with.

~thanks batusai~
    but i already did my calculations. ah i had fun.
    1 question though, is the 'roughly 4000 damage' non critical?

I imagine thats supposed to be non crit since there isnt any confirmation on its multiplier...
    My calculations showed much lower, nearly half, though i suspect this is because of the gear i have chosen to test it with.
    Yes, it is non critical. Note that Naxx gear does have Block Value, which will scale your Shield of the Righteous damage, but not your other threat abilities.

Yes, it is non critical. Note that Naxx gear does have Block Value, which will scale your Shield of the Righteous damage, but not your other threat abilities.
    yes and to be viable in pvp youre probly going to need resilience which is why i used lvl 80 ret gear for the most part and was getting around 2500 dmg noncrit

yes and to be viable in pvp youre probly going to need resilience which is why i used lvl 80 ret gear for the most part and was getting around 2500 dmg noncrit
    Yes, this is true. I just meant PvE gear, sorry. Maybe for PvP Prot gear they'll add some BV? As for the crit, I personally believe all melee attacks should be 100% crit damage, even if magic based.

I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Erm... Warrior section that way ------->

Don't really care, I'm just saying... lol

Yeah i figured it... it was because the last 4 threads i read that were talking about prot were about warrior... silly blizzard naming 2 talent tree the same
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle