Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 51 Point Shadow - what would you like?

I think it should be 50% physical dmg reduction and 40% Shadow Dmg increase with AOE Mind blast for 45 seconds. 5 min cd.

With pain and suffering continual refreshing SWP dot timer when you Mindflay, it makes stop dot call a pain in the rear end.

Despair
    51 Point Talent
    Cooldown: 15 seconds
    Requires 3 Points in Pain & Suffering.
    Turns the targets pain into Despair, consuming Shadow Word Pain on the target. Despair lasts for the remaining duration of the shadow word pain it consumes causing no damage until its completion where it will deliver instant shadow damage.
    The damage cause by despair causes no threat and cannot be resisted. Recasting Shadow Word Pain before despair ends will cancel the debuff resulting in no damage.

A sort of swiftmend type mechanic, an oh shit I dotted a boss that is going to dump agro, and a micro Curse of Doom. The extra damage it causes would be scaled against debuffs not active at the time and the mana cost of redoing SWP.

Death: you kill sacrifice yourself and kill everyone in a 50000000000000000000000000000000000000 yard radious.
    mana cost: 2 (not like you can spam it so what does the mana cost matter?)

Sounds reasonable?
    That is all.

cooms

Shadow Word: Shield
    X% Mana 40 yd range
    Instant cast 4 sec cooldown
    Draws on the soul of the party member to shield them, absorbing X amount damage and resorting X%
    of the amount absorbed into mana to all raid members.
    Lasts 30 sec.
    While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage.
    Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 25 seconds.
    If used on self and the shield breaks you lose X amount of threat on all targets within 40 yards.

i think 30% is too much tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

cooms

lol sorry i dunno what % you should get back i dont really play a priest but i thought that would be cute. maybe not even a 51 point talent but just one down there for cuteness i think it might a shield type thing more useful.

Lol enough with the word cute. And lol at the 4 second cooldown, just throw it on everybody and no mana issues EVER for anyone. Besides that'd be a god awful spell, wasting GCDs all the time you'd have like no dps. I'd much rather see a talent that say gives maybe a 10% chance on SWP tick to renew VT duration, of course at that point we'd be the most mana efficient class ever. I liked the idea of tossing in a aggro dump into Dispersion to make it better for PvE, but then again tanks get boosted threat and we get an additional 30% less threat from Shadowform.
    To Shadow's 2 new talents, the imp shackle isn't all that bad of an idea, but I doubt it would be shadow and if it was, it doesn't fit the 51 pt talent.
    I don't think I would like a physical damage spell, with a lot of our talents increasing shadow dmg, it would kind of be a talent all on it's own with nothing helping it's damage except other classes.

cooms

lol true enough ^^ sorry just trying to think of stuff. i made it on the fly. atleast i didnt say

Shadow brawww!!@!!!
    You suck the soul from the target and instantly kill them. no CD no GCD cost 2 mana. only works on raid bosses and other players.

Shadow Word: Annihilate
    50% of remaining mana. 5 min cooldown. 2.5 sec cast.
    Draw power from your surroundings and release it in a burst of energy by draining half of your remaining mana and inflicting 2 damage for each mana spent to every enemy within 30 yards.

Sleep
    20% base mana. 1 min cooldown. 1.5 sec cast.
    Forces the enemy to sleep for up to 10 sec. For each second the target is asleep, you regen 10% of your total health and mana. Any damage will awaken the target. Only one target can be forced to sleep at a time. Only works on Humanoids.

EDIT: Personally, id prefer something like this http://www.war-tools.com/t58183.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign_ktf
    Shadow Word: Annihilate
    50% of remaining mana. 5 min cooldown.
    Draw power from your surroundings and release it in a burst of energy by draining half of your remaining mana and inflicting 2 damage for each mana spent to every enemy within 30 yards.
    So it could do 15k damage at max mana.
    This user has been banned.

how about a nuke thats target ground/player and deals damage to everything it passes.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Frostfire Bolt of the mage and Shadowflame Bolt of the warlocks, made me cry... Shadow Priests are the ones cursed with the only one school of damage issues.

Unholiness
    51 point talent
    The power of the shadows corrupts all that you touch. Grants the ability for the Shadow Priest to cast offensive non-healing Holy Spells while in Shadow Form. The resulted damage of the holy spells is corrupted and will cause shadow damage to the target. If the target is immune or highly resistant to Shadow damage, the spells will revert to cause holy damage. The spells will recieve the full bonuses from Shadow Talents and abilities as per a shadow spell.

[Covers Smite, Chastise, Holyfire]

So if we get kicked, silence... we have an arsenal... also a cool sniper pool.

More AoE...

Shadow Nova
    51 Point Talent
    Requires Shadow Form
    Long Cooldown

The shadow priests summons all the dark power it can muster and shatters their Shadowform exploding in a powerful blastwave of shadow damage, hurling the enemies 15 yards and stunning them for 3 seconds.

(Shadow Priest leaves Shadow Form, violent explosion - Mana cost of spell scaled to recasting Shadow Form)

Blackhole Nova
    51 Point Talent
    3 second cast time - Long cooldown.
    Focus your shadow powers on a single point, you are able to puncture reality and create a powerful black hole that will suck all mobs within 40 yards for 3 seconds, after 3 seconds the Blackhole will go Nova and detonate in XXX-XXX Shadow Damage.

(good for pulling mobs back to a central location, or a tank - uses a casting circle. also good to pull mobs back into Mind Sear range :P)

Make Dispersion a lvl 75 Skill, that can be learned at trainers. Instead of Dispersion make Mind Sear the new 51 Talent - that would be enough i think

lets make water elemental a trainable skill, and put ice armor instead as a 51 talent point....... then but probably not

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowisp
    More AoE...

Shadow Nova
    51 Point Talent
    Requires Shadow Form
    Long Cooldown

The shadow priests summons all the dark power it can muster and shatters their Shadowform exploding in a powerful blastwave of shadow damage, hurling the enemies 15 yards and stunning them for 3 seconds.

sounds like improved Thunderstorm

(Shadow Priest leaves Shadow Form, violent explosion - Mana cost of spell scaled to recasting Shadow Form)

Blackhole Nova
    51 Point Talent
    Focus your shadow powers on a single point, you are able to puncture reality and create a powerful black hole that will suck all mobs within 40 yards for 3 seconds, after 3 seconds the Blackhole will go Nova and detonate in XXX-XXX Shadow Damage.

(good for pulling mobs back to a central location, or a tank - uses a casting circle. also good to pull mobs back into Mind Sear range :P)

sounds like Starcraft II Mothersip

Shadow pulse -25% base mana 3 min cooldown.

Shadow energy begins to radiate around the Shadow priest for 20 seconds, dealing xxxx shadow damage and knocking any enemies back 6 yards. 50% of the damage causes is converted into mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Shadowshift
    51 Point Talent
    Requires Shadow Form
    5 Minute Cooldown

The shadow priests shifts into the Realm of Shadow for 15 seconds. While in the Realm, the priest generates no threat, cannot be affected by any helpful of harmful affect from players or NPC's. Leaving Shadowform sends the priest out of the Realm of Shadow.

maybe add a 15% increased damage output...haste...
    something else to give it that last bit of flavor.

Dark Assault.
    Requires 1 point in Shadowform.
    Requires 51 points in Shadow talents.
    30% of Base mana
    Instant Cast - 3.5 Min Cooldown.

You consume the shadows upon your soul, removing you from Shadowform and releasing 3 Shadowfiends to fight for the priest, each hit deals Damage equal to one tick of your Shadow Word: Pain, aditionally, all damage taken is reduced by 30%, Shadow Word: Death instantly restores 50% of it's damage back as mana and the priest is unable to enter Shadowfrom again for the duration, lasts 12 sec.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowisp
    Blackhole Nova
    51 Point Talent
    I like that one. Although I would change it a little.

Black Hole Nova
    51 Point Shadow Talent
    Instant - 4 min CD
    Focus your Shadow Energy on a single point, creating a black hole that will pull all enemies in a 15 yard radius towards it for 4 seconds. After 4 seconds the blackhole will explode dealing XXX to XXX to all enemies affected by the black hole in a 5 yards radius, knocking them back 10 yards.
    Statix will suffice.