Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 51 Point Shadow - what would you like?

Vampiric State: Requires Vampiric Touch, Vampiric Embrace.
    You go into a Vampiric State, getting Vampiric Powers and you gain acces to all your Shadow Spells. Immune to Slows, Stuns, Fear and such stuff.

Lol that Sleep one isn't op or anything : even if it was a 51 pointer.
    I was trying to think of one and came up with
    Shadowgrasp
    x% Base mana maybe 1.5 min cooldown.
    You grasp full control over the shadows, turning you into a complete shadow for 15 seconds, in this time you travel 50% faster and do 15% more damage. (You'd probably look like a shadow on the ground running around idk. I feel this would help for both PvP and PvE)

So I was just thinking about this, this morning, and I came up with the following

Unknown Name as of Yet - 5minute cooldown
    Resets the cooldown on all of your Shadow spells. (ie: Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death, Vampiric Embrace, and of course Shadowfiend)

It's not as Stylish as other spells people have mentioned (this could even be a 41 point talent), but it would be helpful in PvE and PvP.

Before anyone says anything about two Shadow Word: Death's in a row: Don't forget we still take 70% of the damage. High risk, High Reward.

I personally like the idea of Shadow Fiending twice in a row.

Edit:

Also, I think someone came up with something like this:

Depths of the Shadow - 3minute cool down - Lasts 12 seconds
    You dive deep into the Shadows and become immune to all movement impairing effects and any loss of character. All damage dealt is increased by 15%. After leaving the Depths of the Shadow, you explode dealing 300-500 damage to enemies within 5yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowisp
    I like Dispersion, its very nice...
    but like Evocate or Iceblock or Cloak of Shadows or even a Pally Bubble...
    its not bloody 51 Talent Point Nice.

36% mana is not much... compared to evocate, innervate.
    It needs more bonus effects imo to be Talent 51 superior.

I think it should either be a DPS ability or something more "WOW!!! Thats Awesome and Unique"... just look at the other 51 Talent points running around and Dispersion just looks "Meh!".

Demon forms, awesome dots, brand new attacks with bonuses, aoes, aoe heals, enrage attacks, Beast mastery, Guardian healing pets, DPS Summoned Pets, Resist Free Fireballs, Dual wield two handed weapons...

oh! Shadow priests just get a 6 seconds of damage reduction and a third of your mana, and you cant do anything during those 6 seconds. So... not 51 talent. Its an "oh crap" button or "cheap mana" button nothing more, I think it should be Tier 6 or 7 maybe.

I have always throught it should of been Mind Sear (or at least another aoe/cone/chain attack) that way we get at a decent level to cover the lack of aoe at the mid-range to upper levels.

that would be so sweet. i can just imgine a priest jumping of a cliff in EotS to just switch place with the person who just grab the flag. (say hello to the void for me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I want some sort of a debuff on target, that will damage the sorunding enemies. Like unstable affliction, or the Gruul debuff chatter (without the movement debuff).

Lets say in BGs/arenas and the target gets the debuff, he must run 20-30 yards away from hes friends. If he suceed, he will take 1k damage. If he dont suceed, he will take 1k damage extra for every one in range and the others in range take 1k damage to, or the same damage as the target. 5 min cd..

Im not serious here... but something like that. A curse or something that put some stress on the oposite team Just think of the pure ownage in AV zergs ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwalker
    I want some sort of a debuff on target, that will damage the sorunding enemies. Like unstable affliction, or the Gruul debuff chatter (without the movement debuff).

Lets say in BGs/arenas and the target gets the debuff, he must run 20-30 yards away from hes friends. If he suceed, he will take 1k damage. If he dont suceed, he will take 1k damage extra for every one in range and the others in range take 1k damage to, or the same damage as the target. 5 min cd..

Im not serious here... but something like that. A curse or something that put some stress on the oposite team Just think of the pure ownage in AV zergs ;D
    you can call it Seed of Corruption or something like that and make it a dot before it explodes. just a thought :

Singularity
    51 Point Talent - 30% of Mana - 10 Minute cooldown.
    Creates a font of shadowy energy, dealing 2700 Damage over 6 seconds. Foes in the Singularity have their movement speed slowed by 70% and magic damage taken is increased by 20%, and will only affect five targets. Lasts 8 seconds.
    <i>I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds....or was it clowns.... come to think of it, it began to smell... must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell, they taste of butter. And tears.</i>

Shadow 51 talents

Dark Knight, instant cast, 27% base mana, 3min CD

You call upon the Dark Knight, your exact duplicate that cannot be targeted. Dark Knight recieves 50% of damage done to you and has 50% of your current spell power. The Dark Knight cannot be affected by any spells or abilities except those that affect the caster (if you're stunned, silenced, rooted, then so is he). He duplicates every action you perform against your current target. Lasts 12 seconds or until killed (can't say how much HP and mana he should have).

Flame me now.

He also goes by alter ego Bruce Wayne.

Give us something that will allow our dots to scale with crit and haste.

How about Shadow Destruction:
    For every 1% of critical strike chance and haste, your Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word:Pain will deal an additional 0.5% damage.

at 20% haste, 30% crit that means your dot damage will increase by 25%. And will work even better with heroism and related buffs, and yet isnt overpowered.

THA3L47

Personally, I would like to see a 51 talent where the Priest takes control over the player(s)' shadow(s).

Maybe something like this:
    Shadow Mastery: (feel free to think of a better name)
    50% of current mana. 1.5s cast time.
    The priest consumes all shadow energies and becomes a ball of shadow for 5s. At this time the priest is immune to all attacks and all physical debuffs are removed. After 5s, the priest releases all the shadow energy, taking control of all players' shadows (root-esque) within a 25 yard radius and inflicting 500 damage to said players.

or if that is too OP

then this:

Soul Shatter
    21% of base mana. Instant cast.
    The priest rips the soul of the targeted played and shatters it, causing 1500-1700 damage and an additional 1000 damage over 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    He also goes by alter ego Bruce Wayne.
    Touche, I watched it a week ago hehheh

But I really like the 2 above tbh.

Just some ideas, particularly PvE related as I'm not a PvP'er

-----------------------

Surging Embrace
    0 mana cost - Instant Cast - 10min cooldown

For the next Xs your mind flay ability will chain to up to 5 nearby targets and apply your Vampiric Embrace debuff to that creature.

Summary: Think chain lightning, but not quite the same. Allows us to quickly apply VE to a large group of creatures so we can then mind sear the group for some emergency mass healing to your party/raid.

-----------------------

Deadly Shadows
    Passive Ability

Gives an X% chance that any shadow word: death backlash damage received by the caster is also given to the enemy who the priest cast shadow word: death originally on.

Summary: A nice little damage buff to our SWD ability.

Chain mind flay like in SWP would be nice....dont go overboard with the VE application tho....that might be a little too much....

how about

CHAIN MIND FLAY

Assault the nearest 4 target's mind with Shadow energy, causing X Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%. This effect will start at one target and chain the the nearest 3. The damage will be reduced by 15% per jump.

EDIT: This is just a thought...i actually love the first version of dispersion with the health back as well...i personally like to pvp with my spriest....the more i think about the OPness of others 51pt talent tho i feel like dispersion isnt enough....for our only dps form this 51pt talent better be a BAMF

Quote Originally Posted by Chastise
    Chain mind flay like in SWP would be nice....dont go overboard with the VE application tho....that might be a little too much....

how about

CHAIN MIND FLAY

Assault the nearest 4 target's mind with Shadow energy, causing X Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%. This effect will start at one target and chain the the nearest 3. The damage will be reduced by 15% per jump.
    Why the hell would you want to waste the 51 point talent on a gimp AoE? Already got Mind Sear, don't need a 2nd one (thats crap) via talents.

have you ever been in SWP??? cuz that chain MF is op...

obviously the initial damage of this 51pt chain MF would be high...

and it was just a thought so thanks for the uneducated flame...

Quote Originally Posted by Elbarth
    Why the hell would you want to waste the 51 point talent on a gimp AoE? Already got Mind Sear, don't need a 2nd one (thats crap) via talents.
    Maybe becuase for 1-3 targets, Mind sear isn't worth it, as it doesn't affect the targeted mob. A Chain Mind Flay would be quite a nice addition to the new Shadow Priest Arsenal.

Be Thankful

5 minute cooldown

You become thankful for having a decent 51 point talent and you promise to stop nagging Blizzard about what you received,

Amplify Shadow-

Causes the target to be afflicted by Negative shadow energy making your shadow spells and effect to cause additional 30% damage, in addtion you cause no threat to the target while the target is under Negative shadow energy effect, lasts 20 sec. Cool Down: 3 mins.

Glyph of Amplify shadow: You generate same threat your taret is effected by Negative shadow energy, but when a target is afflicted by your Negative shadow energy his healing effects are also reduced for 50%.
    (considering it has a 3 mins CD 20 secs of MS/Aimshot doesn't seem op to me, glyph should answer the pvp aspect while the 51 point is the pve way - ofc you can switch them around)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    Be Thankful

5 minute cooldown

You become thankful for having a decent 51 point talent and you promise to stop nagging Blizzard about what you received,
    Really? We do? Link please.