Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wrath of the Lich King Release - Additional Info

Reminder - Team Passes for MLG Dallas WoW 3v3 Tournament on October 3rd - 5th are now available ! You can buy them here !

Wrath of the Lich King Release on November 13 - Additional Info
    The announcement is now official and most of the pages related to the announcement are available on official sites.

As I said in the original post :
    • We're now 2 months away from Wrath of the Lich King
    • Patch 3.0.2 will probably be deployed on live servers very soon, probably in mid october.
    • The game will be in stores on November 13 in North America, Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Russia, and on November 14 in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia. The expansion will be available in Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on November 18, and the launch timing for China will be announced at a later date.

[blizzquote="Blizzard;http://www.worldofwarcraft.com]In the frozen wastes of the north, the Lich King Arthas Menethil rallies his undead army and schemes to bring an end to all life on Azeroth -- and in a couple of months, you'll begin your epic journey into Northrend to confront the Lich King and his minions yourself. Blizzard Entertainment's second expansion to World of Warcraft -- Wrath of the Lich King -- will be in stores on November 13 in North America, Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Russia, and on November 14 in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia. The expansion will be available in Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on November 18, and the launch timing for China will be announced at a later date. For more information, read the press release or visit the Wrath of the Lich King website. [/blizzquote"]

Wrath of the Lich King - Collector's Edition
    Details on the Collector's Edition are available on the official site as well. Below is a screenshot of the collector's pet - Frosty !

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We're happy to announce that World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King will ship in standard as well as Collector's Edition packages. The Collector's Edition will come in a special box that contains many exclusive extras to enhance your adventure into Northrend, including:

• World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King on DVD-ROM.
    • The Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, a 208-page book featuring never-before-seen images from the game.
    • An exclusive in-game pet: Frosty, the baby frost wyrm.
    • A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, the Wrath of the Lich King intro cinematic with director’s commentary, and more.
    • The official soundtrack CD, containing 21 epic tracks from the game, along with exclusive bonus tracks.
    • A mouse pad featuring a map of the newly opened continent of Northrend.
    • Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game March of the Legion™ starter decks, along with two exclusive cards available only in the Collector’s Edition.

The behind-the-scenes DVD will offer developer interviews and commentary on all aspects of the creation of Wrath of the Lich King, as well as trailers and cinematics from the game, and even footage of panel discussions from BlizzCon 2007.

Collector's Edition owners will also be able to take their adventures from the computer to the tabletop with two starter packs for the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game -- one for themselves and one to share with a friend. In addition, Collector's Edition owners will receive two exclusive tournament-legal World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards to incorporate in their decks or trade with other World of Warcraft TCG players.

With the Collector's Edition-exclusive in-game pet, Frosty the baby frost wyrm, you'll be the envy of your guildmates and other players as you roam the expanses of Northrend.

A soundtrack CD with stirring music from the expansion pack, a beautiful coffee table book with exclusive concept art, and a Northrend-themed mouse pad round out the wealth of bonus items available in the Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King. Head over to our Wrath of the Lich King Pre-Order page now to learn more about pricing and availability of both the Standard and the Collector's edition.

Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release - Additional Info

Cool pet, can't wait for WotLK ;D
    BAMF.

Could someone please give me a link to the price of the Collector's edition or tell me if they know? Thanks =D

Price in Europe will be 69,99€
    do not flame my english grammar, i´m german i know it´s bad

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    [*]An exclusive in-game pet: Frosty, the baby frost wyrm.
    Anyone know if this will this be 1 pet pr. character or 1 pet pr. account?

Probably one pet for one char, wasn't the tbc one like that aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghardyne
    Price in Europe will be 69,99€
    Refering to the Collecter's Edition ? 'Standard' Edition will be 35 Euro's. Just like TBC.

1 per char, it's always like that for CE's.

More important (to me) anyone saw infos about the digital copies? I'll need a US copy but can't get one shipped to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki
    1 per char, it's always like that for CE's.

More important (to me) anyone saw infos about the digital copies? I'll need a US copy but can't get one shipped to me...
    1 per char it's always like that for CEs. Untrue. The original CE affords me a special pet for any toon i create on any server.

I didnt get the BC CE so I cant comment on that one. Anyone else chime in please as this will dictate if I get the CE or not.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    1 per char it's always like that for CEs. Untrue. The original CE affords me a special pet for any toon i create on any server.

I didnt get the BC CE so I cant comment on that one. Anyone else chime in please as this will dictate if I get the CE or not.
    I got the BC CE and I received in the mailbox of each created character the Netherwhelp. So yes you get a pet for every character you have created and will create.

Are any of the online stores posting CE preorders yet? Last I saw the only version up for pre-order was the normal exp.

Gamer Girl since Vanilla- Pet and Mount Collector!!!
    Armory
    DeviantART

1 Pet for each character. Or in the case of the TBC CE, 2 per character for us Europeans :

awww that baby frost wyrm is so cute, gotta get a CE for the missus.

Will be digital distribution thourght account managment or blizzard EU store? I'd like give all money blizzard and no local distributor.

Frosty has been in the Alpha files a while. He looks sort of undead though. Guess it's like the thing arthas summoned. No way that i'll shell double the retail price for a pet though....

His big Brother is probably (hopefully) a rare drop like the black drake that was posted a few days ago here on MMOC.
    I wonder what speed the drakes willll be. 280% like usual or 310% like the phoenix?

Any word yet on the new deathknight flying mount placeholder yet? (bone gryphon is sad. sad....)

kyz

So cuuute Frosty :

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Refering to the Collecter's Edition ? 'Standard' Edition will be 35 Euro's. Just like TBC.
    A german merchant (BOL) already has a preorder for 29,95 Euro. There is even a coupon to get it down to 25 Euro, shipping included:

http://www.preisbeere.de/angebot,571,bol.html

At times as these I'm glad I have pre-ordered the CE 2 months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    When char = character, tell me how "1 per char" is different than "a special pet for any toon i create on any server"???

L2R

Anything to take the wind out of Warhammer's sails, eh?

PTR for 3.0 goes up the night before CE Head Start Begins....

Release date announced the day before SE Head Start Begins...

I find this all decidedly underhanded...