ok on a more serious note:

PvE:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12025152301251

PVP:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhuhZZG0fmRfzciqfzAo

something like that

Re: How Beta 80 Spriests are Spec'ing

Sigh.

I do enjoy people who come along with sarcasm, then blindly state what should be done with no justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Hmm, looking at teh talents I would say

Questions:

Mana regen:

Focused mind Vs IF/meditation. Mind blast/flay are more part of the rotation on account of reapplying SW:P for us, saving a GCD, so what is 5% of that worth Vs meditation/IF. I suspect IF is uber useless now and should be dropped for either the focused mind or 3rd point in imp IF

Do meditation and the imp spirit tap stack? (i.e 50% mana regen whilst casting)

Will reduced SF cooldown be vital? What sort of mana is it returning now?

Threat: 3/3 affinity is a must until raiding with decent tanks imo, I hate holding back ^_^

V.E. : Will we be being counted on as a passive healer (lock/tank group for example) so imp VE necessary?

Spell hit: obviously offers free talent points as and when available.

Imp inner fire:

15% of 120 spell power is 18 spell power. With the new mechanics what is this worth in DPS terms? Does this buff stack with everything?

Imp SF: If any boss has a 'spirit bolt' style effect, it will knock us back twice at most. Imp SF reduces that by 70%. Will that make us get 2 ticks of MF in? Or will it just keep it as useless, one tick in 3 seconds.
    Add that 66% to refresh may well be enough - good point. But is taking (for example) 18 extra spell power worth 10% more backlash?

I will take 3/3 Shadow weaving since I want a stack of 5 early it seems.

Why improved VE with only 2/3 affinity. If our DPS is going to be more standard another bunch of threat is not good... I would need to see Beta tank TPS numbers to judge that though.

I'm worried that 2/3 in pain & suffering won't cut it purely for the 10% SW backlash reduction, now that we crit a lot harder the backlash needs to be mitigated. Might prove to be trivial but I have SW myself for 4.5K in TBC before, so once you factor in the dps increase it's gonna start to sting.

I think 3/3 in shadowweaving is going to be a must, we want to cast SW:P with full stacks as early as possible so it refreshes for the maximum damage over the course of an encounter. It's also down from 5 points to 3 to invest in and I think it's going to be worthwhile.

I'm not so sure that 3/3 in shadow affinity is a must... we are going to get an innate 30% threat reduction from Shadow Form, so we're already well ahead of the pack when compared to the other dps casters. In addition the new VT mechanic means the threat is going to be attributed to the person gaining the mana, not the spriest as it currently works. So with all that in mind we might be able to steal a point but like you, i'll reserve judgement until I experience the content.

Meditiation & Imp Spirit Tap should stack, this type of mana regen mechanic has always stacked so unless something has changed that i'm unaware of expect it to stack. Now that spirit is going to be itemised on gear even more I suggest that Meditiation is going to be a must... you'd take meditation over points in focused mind imo... im sure when we get a feel for what sort of spirit we can expect some models will show meditation will be vastly greater than focused mind.

Now that we need to reach 17% hit from talents/gear and lost 4% overall hit in the tree (basically we're down by a net 5%) I think you're always going to take 3/3 Shadow Focus, it also reduces shadow spell cost by 6%, it's always going to be a good investment for your points.

Looking at imp inner fire again, you might steal points from this to place in more important talents in the shadow tree when it makes sense. For example if there is content with loads of spell pushback you'd be better off with 2/2 imp shadow form... you make a good point that losing points in imp inner fire isn't a big deal.

Personally i'll take inner focus to macro with MB now that crit does decent damage, we only need to cast SW:P once, so this is probably the next best spell to use it on. Will probably work well with Mind Sear and it's always useful in wipe recovery to get people up quickly... for 1 point why not take it?

The only thing I really don´t understand here is why everyone is tempted to take 5! points in improved Mindblast. There is no reason for doing so.

If you know anything about a spell rotation, you should be aware, that 2x MF = 6 sec of time, then reuse Mindblast. If you come along with the haste argument, just think a second. So I´d prefer to cast a third MF in that time an then only casting an MB. There are 2 reasons for that:

1. MF is ticking a lot higher then it used to, so its DPS is viable,
    2. MF can now crit with crits reaching 1,8k at lvl 70 unbuffed (didn´t test it jet with lvl 80)

So you can spend a maximum of 3 points in there, every addotional point is nearly worthless.

that makes a build like this one:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305151301330

If you don´t like dispersion, just put the point anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    The only thing I really don´t understand here is why everyone is tempted to take 5! points in improved Mindblast. There is no reason for doing so.

If you know anything about a spell rotation, you should be aware, that 2x MF = 6 sec of time, then reuse Mindblast. If you come along with the haste argument, just think a second. So I´d prefer to cast a third MF in that time an then only casting an MB. There are 2 reasons for that:

2. MF can now crit with crits reaching 1,8k at lvl 70 unbuffed (didn´t test it jet with lvl 80)

So you can spend a maximum of 3 points in there, every addotional point is nearly worthless.

that makes a build like this one:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305151301330

If you don´t like dispersion, just put the point anywhere else
    For max DPS u need to cast MindBlast as often as possible. Thats means u have to put 5 Point into imp MB.

My Mindblast hits for ~2900 in 1.5s(w/o Haste) and Mf does in 1s ~ 800dmg = 1400dmg in 1.5s. The new Coeef and MF able to crit wont change the fact that MB still has more DPS. Maybe with Endgame LK Gear coz MF scales better than MB with the new Coeff but we cannot know that yet.

MB is still higher DPS than MF, otherwise on your logic you would never cast MB at all.

You argument is spurious. Will you not be casting VT anymore? SW? Both those have a 1.5 second cast time (Or GCD, irrelevant). In my personal experience 2 mind flays back to back are less common than mind flay followed by something else.

Haste also drastically changes the amount to put in imp MB. Of course I would have to sneak to EJ to get at the exact maths, if it is even applicable to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I'm worried that 2/3 in pain & suffering won't cut it purely for the 10% SW backlash reduction, now that we crit a lot harder the backlash needs to be mitigated. Might prove to be trivial but I have SW myself for 4.5K in TBC before, so once you factor in the dps increase it's gonna start to sting.

I think 3/3 in shadowweaving is going to be a must, we want to cast SW:P with full stacks as early as possible so it refreshes for the maximum damage over the course of an encounter. It's also down from 5 points to 3 to invest in and I think it's going to be worthwhile.

I'm not so sure that 3/3 in shadow affinity is a must... we are going to get an innate 30% threat reduction from Shadow Form, so we're already well ahead of the pack when compared to the other dps casters. In addition the new VT mechanic means the threat is going to be attributed to the person gaining the mana, not the spriest as it currently works. So with all that in mind we might be able to steal a point but like you, i'll reserve judgement until I experience the content.

Meditiation & Imp Spirit Tap should stack, this type of mana regen mechanic has always stacked so unless something has changed that i'm unaware of expect it to stack. Now that spirit is going to be itemised on gear even more I suggest that Meditiation is going to be a must... you'd take meditation over points in focused mind imo... im sure when we get a feel for what sort of spirit we can expect some models will show meditation will be vastly greater than focused mind.

Now that we need to reach 17% hit from talents/gear and lost 4% overall hit in the tree (basically we're down by a net 5%) I think you're always going to take 3/3 Shadow Focus, it also reduces shadow spell cost by 6%, it's always going to be a good investment for your points.

Looking at imp inner fire again, you might steal points from this to place in more important talents in the shadow tree when it makes sense. For example if there is content with loads of spell pushback you'd be better off with 2/2 imp shadow form... you make a good point that losing points in imp inner fire isn't a big deal.

Personally i'll take inner focus to macro with MB now that crit does decent damage, we only need to cast SW:P once, so this is probably the next best spell to use it on. Will probably work well with Mind Sear and it's always useful in wipe recovery to get people up quickly... for 1 point why not take it?
    <3 for answering

Agreed
    Agreed
    Perhaps, testing needed
    Did not know that, thankee
    I did not notice that, good point
    Definitely
    The scaling of inner focus is interesting. I'll probably take it just cause I like it

<3

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12325152301351

once i get a feel for our threat gen, then i might take shadow affinity points and put them into imp inner fire but this is the build that i will be using
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12325152301351

once i get a feel for our threat gen, then i might take shadow affinity points and put them into imp inner fire but this is the build that i will be using
    Re-read improved fade. You probably need it (I don't believe I said that.....)

Improved PW:S will always seem weak - but if switched with IF I'll be giggling with delight. I think resist to fear/stun etc might prove more useful in a raiding environment.

I still wish to see to what extent VE will be used in raids. If we start to be put in main tank groups because of it then I would have imp. If not - then unlikely to be worth it. (On account of most buffs being raid wide now - being in MT group is plausible)

From what I have heard from all my spriests friends most are specing either Rogue, Warlock or Deathknight........

i really don't understand why you guys spec into inner fire....not like you can survive a single hit in raid....

the build for PVE i think would be
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12325150301350

while PVP would be something like this
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12305102321341

Inner fire will give a spellpower buff and 3/3 imp inner fire will yeild an additional 54 spellpower.

ooo oh yaa didnt see they changed it :/ my bad
    in that case maybe i'll put the points in shadow affinity or imp ve to innerfire

That may be what occurs but I think at this early stage people are thinking about taking the full dps talents and seeing how things play out.

Now that it seems Imp Inner Fire is gonna swap with Imp PW:S I think 3 points in Inner Fire is going to become the staple to reach Meditation & Inner focus... so if this change goes ahead you'll get those 3 poitns to spend in the shadow tree anyways unless you want to pick up imp PW:S which I doubt you will.

:O