Schizo

[BUG]Rapture PTR

I believe Rapture deep in disc is bugged. It seems like no mana is returning to me from my PW:shield or any of my heals. To test it, I put on instant mana returns on in floating combat text and only occasionally I recieve mana returns from the abilities affecting Rapture. Other Priests on Ptr please look into as well and report it if it's not working correctly for you either.

Re: [BUG]Rapture PTR

Rapture only works when you heal effectively/sheild absord dmg (atleast on ptr for me).

Schizo

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    Rapture only works when you heal effectively/sheild absord dmg (atleast on ptr for me).
    I now see that it only works with effective heals but I don't see any mana return from shield though. I really wish it would work from overheals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizo
    I now see that it only works with effective heals but I don't see any mana return from shield though. I really wish it would work from overheals as well.
    you need the sheild to absord the dmg to get mana - amount absorded = 2.5% = mana (atleast what i understood) i get 128 mana from my sheild in disci specc. i guess some have lower and higher mana return all about how much your sheild absords - if you take improved sheild and all the sheild talent i guess you can get more (i took only improved sheild wanted to check again MT healing this time with penance).

edit: i ment 128 when the sheild is fully removed.

When fiddling with the talent calculator for wotlk I always pick rapture.
    But when I read this...well..."sad panda" comes to mind.

But how can this be?
    You're supposed to get 2.5% of max mana each time you heal with greater heal, flash heal or penance, or each time you absorb damage with your shield...(according to the tooltip on MMO's calculator).
    In my mind that means a dual-wielder banging on the shield should generate HUGE amounts of mana.
    Or am I wrong?

And even if I only heal 200 hp (the rest is overheal), I should still get 2.5% of max mana, right?
    If so, then rapture rocks.

If you get 128 mana back after shield breaks that would mean you only have 6000-ish mana, and the shield broke after just one hit (according to my interpretation of the tooltip, anyway).

well i went to UK, i put a sheild and ran into a pack, sheild was removed instantly, combalt log said
    you gain 128 mana from rapture.

i assume the sheild since didn't use other spells.

Quote Originally Posted by blupp74
    When fiddling with the talent calculator for wotlk I always pick rapture.
    But when I read this...well..."sad panda" comes to mind.

But how can this be?
    You're supposed to get 2.5% of max mana each time you heal with greater heal, flash heal or penance, or each time you absorb damage with your shield...(according to the tooltip on MMO's calculator).
    In my mind that means a dual-wielder banging on the shield should generate HUGE amounts of mana.
    Or am I wrong?

And even if I only heal 200 hp (the rest is overheal), I should still get 2.5% of max mana, right?
    If so, then rapture rocks.

If you get 128 mana back after shield breaks that would mean you only have 6000-ish mana, and the shield broke after just one hit (according to my interpretation of the tooltip, anyway).
    You didn't read rapture correctly, it says it returnes UPTO a maximum of 2.5% of your max mana and that healing for more or absorbing more damage will increase the mana gained. Obviously rapture mana return on shields would have been seriously OP if every hit gave you back 2.5% of your max mana, the change was to scale the effect of damage absorbtion to ensure it didn't become mana positive, and I don't think you have a very balanced PoV if you think rapture should return more mana than the cost of PW:S.

Also as your gear gets better you max mana and damage absorbtion will get better meaning rapture will scale with gear.