Thread: soul shards

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

soul shards

Okay, i can deal with farming 50+ shards on progression bosses. But when i read that Blizz intends to make us spend shards when we are dpsing, that gives me a pretty big headache. And then, I remember they just made rogue poisons a skill, which means they no longuer have to clog their bags with poinsons, vials and wat not. As a destro lock in BC, i could get away with carying 28-30 shards on farming raids. At least we should be allowed to buy em some vendor, cuz farming shards is just more of a hastle then anything imo.

Deleted

Re: soul shards

Well, who knows what Blizzard may come up with...
    -Some 48slot soulshard bag
    -Soulshards as a currency
    -Conjured soulshards

Who knows?
    Only God knows!

(Assuming there is one)

Maybe they'll make soul shards BOE. Then you can let Chinese farmers get you all your shards for 1 silver a piece.

Schnitter

farming shards isnt the big deal for me.
    my concern is that it just loads up all your bagspace because of nonstacking shards.

think about brutallus where trys dont last 2 minutes sometime.
    you need healthstone, demonic sacrifice, soulshatter each attempt. 2 soulstones every hour.
    with 28 shards in your soulbag and about 60 in your regular bags (i cant even store that much) you will still run out of shards within 2 hours...

making shards stack by 20 would allow us to farm shards before and be set for the week. remember, you still gotta farm your basalisk buff food anyway.

rogue poison does only free up one bagspace for vials, but thats it. some rogues actually run around without vials not doing pickpocket in instances.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Onlygodknows
    Okay, i can deal with farming 50+ shards on progression bosses. But when i read that Blizz intends to make us spend shards when we are dpsing, that gives me a pretty big headache. And then, I remember they just made rogue poisons a skill, which means they no longuer have to clog their bags with poinsons, vials and wat not. As a destro lock in BC, i could get away with carying 28-30 shards on farming raids. At least we should be allowed to buy em some vendor, cuz farming shards is just more of a hastle then anything imo.
    I must have missed another thing again about warlocks. Blizzard intends to make us spend shards when DPSing? I can't really imagine that. Especially on wipe boss nights, soul shards run out like candies. Healthstones, soulstones, soul shatter, etc. Not going to be fun if they want us to use up soul shards for DPSing, at least not to me.

On the other note, farming soul shards goes well with farming stuff for food buffs. But I do admit, sometimes it's a hassle. But I believe that has to do with your mood at that moment.

I don't even have a 70 Lock and I say they should stack. At least this way it wont take redonkulous amounts of bag space.

There's 2 issues:

Bag space
    Farming Shards as Destruction

Also they need to give us a decent aggro drop, Soulshatter is absolute garbage.

2 ideas:

Stackable shards in stacks of 5 and BoA shards. Then we could farm shitloads of them and send them to our banker's gbank and just mail them back when we need them,,,

warlocks get cool stuff...then it gets taken away

I thought a Debuff effect like shadowburn would be great for Shard farming.

So instead of a channeled spell, drain soul gives say, a 20 second debuff, and if they die during that, you get a shard.

Would make destruction farming easier, and mass shard farming in BGs aswell.

Shadow burn doesn't give you a shard, it returns the shard it costs if you kill the mob quickly.

He was talking about making a debuff on the target like shadowburns debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie

Don't even get started about complaining about aggro drops Spriest have one of the highest aggro gens but have no aggro drop (fade is PoS, all it is, is a mana burn )

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie
    There's 2 issues:

Bag space
    Farming Shards as Destruction

you shut your cake hole flanders. speaking as a horde 'lock who lived with no threat reduction and no salv all the way through vanilla WoW, soulshatter is a god send. just needs some extra TLC and + hit to make it really beautiful
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    you shut your cake hole flanders. speaking as a horde 'lock who lived with no threat reduction and no salv all the way through vanilla WoW, soulshatter is a god send. just needs some extra TLC and + hit to make it really beautiful
    just because ony used to roast your ass for stealing aggro doesnt mean SS still cant be fixed

i played both sides in vanilla wow and as nice as it was to have pallys , shaman had their place too. Vael + WF = toast

soulshatter needs to be changed to a destr or affliction ability so its benefits from the hit talents, also needs a slightly shorter cooldown imo

Vanilla wow locks had garbage damage. I'm sure you didn't need soulshatter back then.

Shadow priests are 2 role hibrids, locks are the pure dps with the worst threat dump and worst CC. (Banish and enslave are gimmicks, you don't use them every pull like sheep/trap/sap)

yeah soulshatter is demonlogy and we dont have +hit talents its garbage right now as bosses will resist/miss soulshatter wich is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Vanilla wow locks had garbage damage. I'm sure you didn't need soulshatter back then.

Shadow priests are 2 role hibrids, locks are the pure dps with the worst threat dump and worst CC. (Banish and enslave are gimmicks, you don't use them every pull like sheep/trap/sap)
    I pulled aggro every single fight in MC and BWL as SM/Ruin even with BoSalv.... ppl would turn me down in vent because every pull it was "BOP SMALLPOX BOP SMALLPOX!"

Quote Originally Posted by annerajb
    yeah soulshatter is demonlogy and we dont have +hit talents its garbage right now as bosses will resist/miss soulshatter wich is bad.

Or add +hit to a demo talent low in the tree... like
    Demon Masters Touch - your health funnel is now an instant cast spell and your demo spells and demons have 3% more hit

yeah that works too.

Ew, demonology tree is so icky, give it to affliction.