Sac/Destro TBC build for wotlk(worth it?)

I have not gotten a chance to play beta and see if its even worth trying to keep the build for people that have higher shadow damage or not, but has anyone just tried to keep the same build but expand on it? I mean it may be more fun to be fire with more spells to cast, but is it even possible to find out in this stage of beta if the sac suc + shadow bolt build will still have the big dps it has now?

I'm assuming we won't be able to find out until it goes live for sure but at this point it looks like they want us to go heavy fire (obviously) with a mix of sb here and there. Or are we going to be forced to sac imp and go super fire mode, since EI got nerfed.

Something like this even worth it? http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

p.s. I am mostly trying to figure out which character I want to play in the next expansion. My lock was my alt and quickly for pushed to my main based on how much more fun it was than my warrior, and I felt like I was actually worth a damn in raids.

Schnitter

Re: Sac/Destro TBC build for wotlk(worth it?)

wasting 3 points for aftermath and pyroclasm
    corr will be an instant cast with the next beta push.

shadow builds are broken, cuz you just waste points for useless talents not increasing any dmg. while fire is a bit bloated imho.

I think you kinda answered my question, I knew I had to toss 2-3 talent points in random places just to move down the tiers. Which is a waste, but it seems that if you dont go fire you're just gimping yourself so far in wotlk. Even a blue post said Early/Mid level = Shadow/Fire combo and High level end game = emphasis on fire.

makes me sad, but I'm excited enough about the new zones to see and expierence to let it bug me that much, maybe I will play my prot war or rogue :]

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    I have not gotten a chance to play beta and see if its even worth trying to keep the build for people that have higher shadow damage or not, but has anyone just tried to keep the same build but expand on it? I mean it may be more fun to be fire with more spells to cast, but is it even possible to find out in this stage of beta if the sac suc + shadow bolt build will still have the big dps it has now?

I'm assuming we won't be able to find out until it goes live for sure but at this point it looks like they want us to go heavy fire (obviously) with a mix of sb here and there. Or are we going to be forced to sac imp and go super fire mode, since EI got nerfed.

Something like this even worth it? http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

p.s. I am mostly trying to figure out which character I want to play in the next expansion. My lock was my alt and quickly for pushed to my main based on how much more fun it was than my warrior, and I felt like I was actually worth a damn in raids.

unfortunately that build will do terrible dps compared to fire or fire/shadow combined

backdraft is a great talent and you have quite a few talents in destro that will not add anything to your dps

if you want to go pure shadowbolting heavy affliction/destr will most likely win out with the lastest buffs to affliction

Why would you sac a pet if you can get the +10% extra Shadow dmg from Affliction plus keep your pet to tap mana from ?! ...Let alone -0.5sec GCD on Curses, imped Curses, NF, Siphon Life, etc..

Try out 31/0/40. There's a few filler talents in the Destruction side of the build, so fill it up the way you prefer. Just the general idea I'm trying to show.

Taking Demo costs you the incredible buffs on DoTs, which can make you a lot more than just a SB spammer. The imp range on both DoTs and DDs make it safe to keep everything in your rotation when a fight requires >30yds distance to the boss.

If you ask me, the 31/0/40 is the new 0/21/40. Especially on long fights.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    I think you kinda answered my question, I knew I had to toss 2-3 talent points in random places just to move down the tiers. Which is a waste, but it seems that if you dont go fire you're just gimping yourself so far in wotlk. Even a blue post said Early/Mid level = Shadow/Fire combo and High level end game = emphasis on fire.

makes me sad, but I'm excited enough about the new zones to see and expierence to let it bug me that much, maybe I will play my prot war or rogue :]
    the endgame emphasis on fire makes sense though, i mean why throw balls of shadow in a land of ice and cold, when you can throw it's polar opposite, FIRE.
    considering that warlocks are "mages" that sac some power in order to be able to control demons and shit and destro is the "mage" power of the warlock. and when you think of mages and wizards and sorceresses Etc..... the first thing that pops into your head are fireballs. so from a lore perspective it makes sense, along with afflic spells being shadow based and then demo .... obvious
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.