Pain & Suffering

1 think occured to me recently... when Shadow Power was increased to 100% extra crit damage, there wasn't a change to the SW backlash reduction talent built into Pain & Suffering. Now that SW can crit that much harder, shouldn't we see a reduction to the damage it does to us?

I don't think we should get mitigation to make the negative effect redundant... i'd actually propose that the mitigation should change to 50% for SW crits ONLY. That we we wouldn't have poor RNG backlash crits and could accruately make a decision if we can afford to SW at any time because we know roughly how much damage it's going to cause.

Re: Pain & Suffering

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    1 think occured to me recently... when Shadow Power was increased to 100% extra crit damage, there wasn't a change to the SW backlash reduction talent built into Pain & Suffering. Now that SW can crit that much harder, shouldn't we see a reduction to the damage it does to us?

I don't think we should get mitigation to make the negative effect redundant... i'd actually propose that the mitigation should change to 50% for SW crits ONLY. That we we wouldn't have poor RNG backlash crits and could accruately make a decision if we can afford to SW at any time because we know roughly how much damage it's going to cause.
    I just wish they would tone down the damage of SWeath and take away the backlash. Give me fireblast ffs.

All in all, I agree with you. First build of this talent was a 50/60% reduction in SWDeath backlash. It was never tested (In Beta SWDeath did not create any backlash), but somehow was reduced and nerfed into the ground. (Internal testing I bet - which has always been terrible - we have seen where they got us so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    I just wish they would tone down the damage of SWeath and take away the backlash. Give me fireblast ffs.

All in all, I agree with you. First build of this talent was a 50/60% reduction in SWDeath backlash. It was never tested (In Beta SWDeath did not create any backlash), but somehow was reduced and nerfed into the ground. (Internal testing I bet - which has always been terrible - we have seen where they got us so far)
    I like the backlash, it's a different cost to any other spell in the game really... it's a far more powerful nuke than fireblast and as such it should have some sort of drawback. All i'd like to see is the ability to remove poor RNG with crits because if you just happen to SW crit yourself right as unforseen incomming damage hits you, by no real fault of your own you probably killed yourself and SW will crit for 100% now... if the backlash reduction talent removed all extra crit damage I think that would be a fair trade to copping the standard damage from the spell.

Please don't ask for a damage nerf, it's already barely worth casting over the new Flay. Much of a nerf and it'll be worthless except specifically as a PvP finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    Please don't ask for a damage nerf, it's already barely worth casting over the new Flay. Much of a nerf and it'll be worthless except specifically as a PvP finisher.
    You misred...

I want the Backlash damage reduction talent changed to 50% only when SW crits.... this would mean we would always cop 100% of the non crit portion of the spell.

Example

SW hits for 2K - Backlash = 2K
    SW crits for 4K - Backlash = 2K

As it stands

SW hits for 2K - Backlash = 1400
    SW crits for 4K - Backlash = 2800

Doesn't look so bad with current numbers... but in WotLK I think we can expect 4K normal hits and 8K crits (conservatively) as I have currently SW myself for nearly 5K before and thats only 150% crit damage... can probably link the WWS if necessary.

Edit: Could only find logs for 4.3K, so either my memory increased the number or it was long ago that it occured.