Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ferocious Bite build

If they are spec'd into deep wounds though, any crit they land has a chance to apply a bleed. I dont know anything about fury specs, so i'm not sure if they pick up deep wounds.

15+ Year Old Account

Any news of a glyph that increases the time that Mangle stays up? If Mangle's duration was increased by three seconds, it would make a big difference, as it would never fall off.

Also, Death Knights do not have any bleeds, only shadow and disease DoTs.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by basbbl
    If they are spec'd into deep wounds though, any crit they land has a chance to apply a bleed. I dont know anything about fury specs, so i'm not sure if they pick up deep wounds.
    Fury warriors don't take Deep Wounds, it is an MS spec talent. Fury warriors are more likely to be slamming and bloodthirsting than putting up a whole lot of bleeds. It is MS warriors that you will find cause their targets to bleed damage.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Fury warriors don't take Deep Wounds, it is an MS spec talent. Fury warriors are more likely to be slamming and bloodthirsting than putting up a whole lot of bleeds. It is MS warriors that you will find cause their targets to bleed damage.

Gaiwyn
    Ok, makes sense. I just wasnt sure about that. Thanks for clearing it up. Would be nice if there was a viable bleed in our rotation or another classes rotation... :P

An update on this trauma-mangle problem

It seems if there's a trauma debuff up, and I hit the dummy with mangle TWICE, the mangle debuff overrides the trauma one

Edit: Okay, when the trauma debuff has 12 or less seconds on it, and you apply mangle, the mangle overrides trauma

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn

Gaiwyn
    Thx for clearing that up. I don't know the warrior talent trees very well so I'm bound to make mistakes.

15+ Year Old Account

I have played every character to 70 except Paladin (63 and counting), Warlock (never have, never will) and Death Knight (60, will reroll on live and level to 80). I like the changes to feral druids, and the results of this testing that you guys have done actually encourages me to level my druid from 70-80 as a feral dps PvE toon.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

As much as I'd like to share your sentiment, I can't. Berserk still does too much and should be split into multiple CDs imo. I wouldn't mind a 5 min. CD on the offensive effects so much really if I could get my last stand and BW effects back on shorter CDs. I also don't like blizz's reversion to the pre-1.8 design philosophy of splitting bear and cat. If we DON'T bring that flexibility we're nothing more than a Rogue/Warrior clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Khimura
    Ah ok. So even though FB alone may do more damage than rip, the rip rotation allows you to use more of your energy for shreds, resulting in higher overall dps. Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.
    Actually now that I think about it, Rend and Tear actually increases your damage from Maul and Shred by 10% on a bleeding target.

Any luck on the new cycle yet Malfuron? Can't go check myself since I don't have Recount for the PTR.

Trial 3

Mangle --> Rip --> Shred to 5 --> FB

Tried my best on this one but I think it's very hard to maneuver as I found myself out of energy quite a bit and pushing hard to get FB in before Rip wore out.

Shred: 34.6% Avg hit/crit: 1849/4132
    Melee: 29.6% Avg hit/crit: 345/780
    FB: 23.0% Avg hit/crit: 6669/8714(highest crit) *crits only*
    Mangle: 6.5% Avg hit/crit: 1014/2317
    Rip: 5.4% Avg tick: 209 max at 269

DPS: 1575.4

Did you still have a warrior there overwriting your Mangle for some of it or did you just not get as many shreds off?

15+ Year Old Account

How much difference to overall dps / crits do you find that clearcasting procs is making?

Gaiwyn aka Aedrianel
    For the Alliance!

1. Clearcasting procs are much more frequent and I much rather prefer them proccing off our white abilities rather than specials. I brought in a shaman in my group with windfury which knocked my attack speed down to 0.86 and was getting a bunch of OOC procs and had ~1800dps with the rip rotation with a shaman in my group.

2. I only had the warrior problem on that one trial, but overall it still looks like rip > FB as of right now, considering that the dummies have 0 armor (it appears so)

15+ Year Old Account

Even though with testing, it appears that Rip is better than FB, I still like the changes to cat dps and the inclusion of improved FB damage. I have seldom used FB in my current feral druid build, but will have to see for myself at level 80 just what the difference is. I might go respec my brother's premade druid to feral next week (going away for four days from Saturday), to save my premade transfers.

Gaiwyn aka Aedrianel of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

One thing that may worry me a bit in a raid setting is the immense threat that a ~10k FB might cause lol. Bah I guess thats why the threat from tanks is being increased. However, in solo situations in PVE this is going to be a godly move

15+ Year Old Account

Srsly, can you imaging a 10K FB crit? What sort of gear would you be slinging to do that.

Stop drooling over druid gear. ><

Gaiwyn aka Aedrianel of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

How exactly do you macro TF to Shred?
    I'm not a total noob at macros, but do you use castsequence or something like:
    /cast Shred
    /cast Tiger's Fury

Koumaru

Tiger's Fury is off the GCD, right?

If that's the case, then yes, two separate /cast lines is the way to go. You wouldn't use /castsequence for this one.

It's like macroing the Lower City Prayerbook to Lifebloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Furo
    How exactly do you macro TF to Shred?
    I'm not a total noob at macros, but do you use castsequence or something like:
    /cast Shred
    /cast Tiger's Fury
    #showtooltip Shred(Rank 7)
    /startattack
    /cast Tiger's Fury(Rank 4)
    /cast Shred(Rank 7)

/startattack is in there for raid trash and attacking new targets. I macro it to all my melee abilities so that even if I'm short energy/rage for a special attack, hitting the key for it will start auto attacks.