disc priest >>>PVP healing?<<<

disc priest should be buffed up in pvp, as we do not hav sustainable methods of healing compared to a pally. shaman and druid. Also compared to those to classes our survival rate is much lower, we use mana much faster compared to the other three and we have absolutly no other kinda CC other then AOE fear wich is often resisted. If you compared a 400 resil pally, druid, shaman and priest with a warrior partner each and dueled obviously the priest team would die as we do not hav good survival skills and enough CC compared the a druids rediculas spam CC's and a pally's bubbles and stun and a shaman's shield blocks, ghost wolf and totems wich support the grp very well. Out of all those 4 healing classes the one with the lowest healing would be the disc priest, if u seriously compare it to the pally, shaman and druid. Druids, pally and shaman hav ridiculas healing skills wich can even heal something like a warrior hu is near the verge of death bak to full health >>no prob<< even with mortal strike on or aim shot >effect<. Priest's should be given the privilage these classes hav been given

in response to >> http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...;topicseen#new <<

[heals @ 1700, 460resil] healing any targets with mortal strike or aim shot >effect<
    flash heal [1.5sec] - originally 2200 average, 1200 average after mortal strike or aim >shot effect<
    greater heal [2.5sec] - originally 4200 average, 2200 average afta mortal strike or aim shot

Re: disc priest >>>PVP healing?<<<

Quote Originally Posted by axion6
    disc priest should be buffed up in pvp, as we do not hav sustainable methods of healing compared to a pally. shaman and druid. Also compared to those to classes our survival rate is much lower, we use mana much faster compared to the other three and we have absolutly no other kinda CC other then AOE fear wich is often resisted. If you compared a 400 resil pally, druid, shaman and priest with a warrior partner each and dueled obviously the priest team would die as we do not hav good survival skills and enough CC compared the a druids rediculas spam CC's and a pally's bubbles and stun and a shaman's shield blocks, ghost wolf and totems wich support the grp very well. Out of all those 4 healing classes the one with the lowest healing would be the disc priest, if u seriously compare it to the pally, shaman and druid. Druids, pally and shaman hav ridiculas healing skills wich can even heal something like a warrior hu is near the verge of death bak to full health >>no prob<< even with mortal strike on or aim shot >effect<. Priest's should be given the privilage these classes hav been given

in response to >> http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...;topicseen#new <<

[heals @ 1700, 460resil] healing any targets with mortal strike or aim shot >effect<
    flash heal - originally 2200 average, 1200 average after mortal strike or aim >shot effect<
    greater - originally 4200 average, 2200 average afta mortal strike or aim shot
    It's all in the eye of the beholder... i'd argue that Paladins are poor PvP healers due to their inability to heal effectively while moving. Disc priest at least have a few options, PW:S, Renew, PoM & Pain Suppresion. My view is if you are unable to heal effectively while moving you're going to have difficulties in PvP.

The counterpoint to that is Paladins get to wear plate, they have some very nice buffs, they are extremely mana efficent and have bubble.

I'm not sure you can argue in black & white that Paladin healers are better than Disc priests... i'd probably say you need to push arena games towards the priests strengths and not get involved in mana effeciency wars. Make opposing holy pallys move, if you get them mobile their ability to heal is severely reduced.

As a spriest I find Pally & Shammy healers the easiest to kill. I can dispel all of their buffs relatively quickly including a Shamans ES. Spriest debuffs stack quickly (thanks to shadowweaving) making cleanse an inefficent GCD for the pally, not to mention dispel resistance from Silent Resolve. I have hex of weakness I can place on both classes which they can't remove. And lastly I can silence both classes and nuke them with MB, SW... and both classes don't have a lot of heals at their disposal while on the move so they can't kite me effectively.

Druid & Priest healers on the other hand are extremely hard to get rid of and a large reason is due to the fact they can be mobile. Druids are obviously highly mobile but don't discount a priest being able to kite attackers. There are a few other reasons why but the ability to move really seperates them from Shaman & Paladins.

Maaan, if your trying to compare DiscP/War team to Druid/War and Shaman/War combos its OBVIOUS that priest team will lose, and no not because of lower survivability, just because of playing SHIT combo. and about aimed shot/MS ... you know, priests have it really easy when it comes to overhealing MS untill someone in opposing team can purge/dispel and they know how to do it. Actually your forgeting about one VERY important thing: PW:S! And PW:S is clearly NOT affected by MS. One more thing: If you want to be succesfull you have to mana burn enemy healers^^.
    And yes, Im playing disc priest and I seriously think that QQing about em is retarded, I have completly shit gear (+1600 healing/resi cap) but still I'm in 2k+ bracket in priest/rogue combo. Imo Spriest in PvP is class/specc you could whine about :P

Sorry for any grammatical/spelling mistakes but its early and english isn't my mother-tongue :P

I currently have the 10th rank 3v3 team on the US-Whirlwind BG. I run Disc Priest/Rogue/Resto Druid.
    I've been playing a priest for 3 years.

The next patch, in my opinion, kills the priest class for PvP. While all the other classes are getting buffed, in ways to make them more effective for PvE and PvP, the priest is truely only getting buffed for PvE. We are already the line of healer. Pally<Priest<Shaman<Druid. Priests, as a class, are completely countered by two classes. Where as the other healers, don't have that counter. Anytime Priest go into a high rated arena match and see a hunter, or warrior, you might as well leave the game.

Yay, Penance, a channel spell that makes me getting Counterspelled even easier.

And that's why I'm rolling Death Knight. Priests are the new mushrooms of WoW.

tbh, disc priest are only good in 5v5 if ur are second to one heals in the grp of 5, if not the priest will hav a hard time healing. other than that 2v2 and 3v3 its pretty hard since ur basically solo healing and most 2v2 nowadays are MM hunta, restro druid which is a very anoyying grp make up for heaps of different other combos [rogue not included]. my grp make up for 3v3 consist of disc priest, MM hunta, afflic lock wich is the best mana drain grp u can ever get conisting of different classes and are all able to kite dps and drain mana, now all mana class are easily beaten by weneva we're up against any grp with a rogue/warrior someone always die pretty fast either its me or the dps and i can tell u if im running around casting instant heals >>>instant lose<<< there dps is more concentrated on the hunta compared to me and the lock as we got no one to take dps in and buffs plays >>wat spec are you<<

I am a Disc priest and the only weakness in PVP is our mana and survivability. Blizzard is attempting to help both by making the Dranei racial and Dwarf/Human racial available to all races. Desperate prayer is an amazing ability for survivability, and symbol of hope isn't that amazing for PVP. But IMO we have two of the most OP abilities in the game, Mass Dispel and Mana Burn, but neither are useful on a competent druid.

Just the two cents of a 2200 rating priest tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Neaux
    I am a Disc priest and the only weakness in PVP is our mana and survivability. Blizzard is attempting to help both by making the Dranei racial and Dwarf/Human racial available to all races. Desperate prayer is an amazing ability for survivability, and symbol of hope isn't that amazing for PVP. But IMO we have two of the most OP abilities in the game, Mass Dispel and Mana Burn, but neither are useful on a competent druid.

Just the two cents of a 2200 rating priest tho.
    ^
    I agree with most of that, though I think just the sheer fact that we have mana burn helps on druids because it forces them to play even more defencively for fear of being burned. Also I assume you refer to physical damage survivability because for the most part surviving against casters I would go as far as to say they do better then any other healer.

Oh ya you forgot normal dispel, I think that should be added to the "OP abilities" list, I mean what other ability singlehandedly counteracts 2 classes (Locks and Resto Druids )