Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats so special about Ret?

I've been doing BGs since the PTR went up, every one is nuking each other in seconds I don't see what so different about Ret ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW HOW T KITE.

Re: Whats so special about Ret?

People still want ret to be a free hk.

Hopefully it won't change back to that.

ret is the new black

I blame blizzard.

They give paladins all this CS, DS, SoC, Wings, HammerJudgeSoc and people wonder why ret pallies can do so much burst. This along with steath it just seems ret destroys things.

DS is imo sort of a mistake. It's just sort of a lot of abilities that all do decent damage on cd.

That would be like giving shamans another strike in enh or giving an MS warrior 2 MS on different cd timers.

That's just my take.

Ret has needed buffs more than anyone for the longest time but I hope blizz doesn't destroy back to uselessness is the process cause the way everyone is complaining nerfs are probably coming.

And I'm a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos
    I've been doing BGs since the PTR went up, every one is nuking each other in seconds I don't see what so different about Ret ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW HOW T KITE.
    lol, kite? Pursuit of justice + BoF much?

What's good about ret is that they are near impossible to drain. They are so hard to drain that they might as well have focus since they regain 20% of their mana per judgement.
    BAMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs

What's good about ret is that they are near impossible to drain. They are so hard to drain that they might as well have focus since they regain 20% of their mana per judgement.
    Run in a straight line and use instants much? If you're not retarded they won't even even get into Hammer of Justice range.

Can a warlock be drained?

Can a resto druid be drained?

You're a spoiled brat who refuses to let go of double standards.

Who says they should be drained? Maybe you should CC them and kill their partner. Oh I'm sorry did I mention arena... you know the thing that has completely not been tested yet that is the whole point of wow pvp.

i think what you mean is.
    can a rogue be drained? can a warrior be drained?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by vegastommy
    I blame blizzard.

They give paladins all this CS, DS, SoC, Wings, HammerJudgeSoc and people wonder why ret pallies can do so much burst. This along with steath it just seems ret destroys things.

DS is imo sort of a mistake. It's just sort of a lot of abilities that all do decent damage on cd.

That would be like giving shamans another strike in enh or giving an MS warrior 2 MS on different cd timers.

That's just my take.

Ret has needed buffs more than anyone for the longest time but I hope blizz doesn't destroy back to uselessness is the process cause the way everyone is complaining nerfs are probably coming.

And I'm a shaman.
    ah stfu man... ret palas needed another instant attack... they are not like enh shamans that have dual wield with windfury, storm strike, shocks, malestorm weapon, and now lava lash... and you say its too much that palas got an exstra instant attack... just stop posting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs
    And what if the other class dispels BoF? How about if they sheep, fear, spell steal or cyclone? Yeah, no one ever bothers to take this into considering in their "lol i'm trying to be smart" posts.

15% speed, is the only thing most paladins can actually relay on.. You know until they are kited and BoF is removed and then they have to wait 25 seconds to use it again.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

The only thing "special" about ret, is that it's a class/specc that can do some things no other class/specc can, but most things can be duplicated, atleast to an extent, by atleast one more class/specc.

Just like every other class/specc.

In short: There is nothing special about retribution paladins.

What seems to be CHANGING from before though, it that retribution paladins aren't quite as LOL anymore, and we might finally be a contender in both PvP and PvE.

There are a lot of them on the PTR, and they're very powerful. Every other death you suffer is at the hands of some bursting Paladin.

The main defense I've seen so far is that it will all be okay at 80. Remember that with the 2.0 patch for TBC, some classes became very powerful for a while at 60 as well.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Here I was assuming that the majority of high-ranked teams in Arena rely on co-ordinated movements and cc chains to win their battles...y'know, with kiting, dispelling, sheeping, fearing or whatever else to separate themselves from a threat. Ret paladins are now a bigger threat than before and most bad people are scared that they don't have advantages over them instantly.

The kiting problem has not been fixed. The interrupt problem has not been fixed. The singular strength a ret paladin has and which he must focus on is insane and inescapable burst. If you avoid it through kiting, LoS, shielding or whatever else then you are fighting it properly. If you counter that "they could have someone purge the shield or MS me while they are bursting on me...and I would surely die", then you're thinking about fighting a team. Y'know...like you do in arenas. Keep their partner CC'd and kite them into oblivion. Hide behind some pillars. Wear them down slowly or burst them yourself. Make them blow that bubble and run away. They can BoF? Dispel it. Shield? MD it or keep running. They stun you? Dispel that. If you've got a team, that is what your team is for. Keeping you alive and helping to kill them.

Oh sure...they'll beat your arse for a bit until you figure out what works against them. Rogues do that. Druids do that. Warriors do that...and so on. Ret has been buffed to the point where good people (but not amazing people) can be successful with them. That doesn't make them broken or overpowered, it makes things fair. You should not have to be one of the best people in the game at PVP to succeed with a ret paladin. You should just be competant and have a team that listens.

What's so special about ret? Crazy burst damage. Effective self-heals. Nice range of buffs and plenty of options. It's a fun and interesting class now. There's been bubbles before...BoF...PoJ...stuns. There's also been the ability to heal yourself. Nobody complained about it before because all those things are already countered or did not work at all and now suddenly do. Learn to counter it and you will win. Sit there complaining and begging for a nerf and you are never going to win at anything. You'll still be a bad player and then it's going to be rogues or druids or warriors that beat your arse and you'll start flaming their boards with cries for nerfs. Y'know...like trolls do on live now
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Casupaa
    ret is the new black
    you watched my video.. hehehehehhe

..atleast it sounds like you did

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

What's so special about Ret?

Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    you watched my video.. hehehehehhe

..atleast it sounds like you did
    link?
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

What WAS (or still is, until the patch/WotLK) special about retri paladins, is that they were a class/specc intended to do dps, still did it very poorly, and was generally laughed at.

Now that this is about to change, and retri paladins finally are becoming viable, there's nothing special about them at all.
    They're just another dps specc, which deals damage in somewhat different ways than the other classes/speccs.

If your all that worried or upset about kiting, then do something about it that's within the game.

Engineering is changing to allow you to turn any set of boots into Rocket Boots.

80% increase in speed for 15-20 seconds (Can't remember which) on a 5 minute CD.

While 5 minutes isn't the most desireable, and it does take up a boot enchant, there exists an answer to which you can use.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

a class shouldn't have to level a certain profession to fix something we should have to begin with.

It's simple.

ALL melee classes have a viable way to get to our enemies(except paladins)

Judging justice and running at our enemies is a broken mechanic.