Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Discussion] SoC Change

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Talent List
    Seal of Command
    Rank 1

Gives the Paladin a chance to deal [ 70% of mw ] to [ 70% of MW ] additional Holy damage. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Lasts 2 min.
    Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing [ 20% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 30% of mw ] to [ 20% of AP + 32% of Spell Power + 30% of MW ] Holy damage. This attack will always be a critical strike if the target is stunned or incapacitated.

14% of base mana, Instant cast
    Who likes this change?

I don't, I prefer more damage compared to guaranteed crit.

discuss

Re: [Discussion] SoC Change

Yeah and i prefer gold over silver but can`t always get what i want.

It's like the old sword spec vs axe spec debate for warriors before axe spec was buffed.

Mathematically, doubling the damage by any way other than simply critting is better, as that damage can still crit.

This is a SoC nerf, albeit not a huge one.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

someone would have to do the math but it seems like it would do the same if not more damage. it doesnt work with fanatacism but:

Righteous Vengeance
    Increases critical damage bonus of your Judgement and Divine Storm spells by 25%.

The Art of War
    Increases the critical strike damage of your Judgement, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm abilities by 20% and when these abilities critically hit your next Flash of Light spell becomes instant cast.

Even though I don't even take SoC anymore now alliance has Blood as well, it does make me doubt to take it again. A guaranteed crit is alway's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    It's like the old sword spec vs axe spec debate for warriors before axe spec was buffed.

Mathematically, doubling the damage by any way other than simply critting is better, as that damage can still crit.

This is a SoC nerf, albeit not a huge one.
    What he said. It's not the end of the world nerf but it is still a nerf. I think they are just nerfing the class in the wrong places personally. I wont suggest how, but there are other abilities and talents and spells that could use a tone down.

SoC is the least OP ability we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyanda
    Who likes this change?

discuss
    It's a slight nerf but who cares... it lead to insane burst that was gonna keep us limited in the long run. Now they can buff our DPS more without worrying about off the wall burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosno
    someone would have to do the math but it seems like it would do the same if not more damage. it doesnt work with fanatacism but:

Righteous Vengeance
    Increases critical damage bonus of your Judgement and Divine Storm spells by 25%.

The Art of War
    Increases the critical strike damage of your Judgement, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm abilities by 20% and when these abilities critically hit your next Flash of Light spell becomes instant cast.
    It is still more damage, but if it was increased damage, that increased damage has a chance to crit, which makes it even more damage.

Those abilities will make it hard to do the math. But think of it this way, we are using warrior gear now. Which means our crit will be alot higher.

I do like the guaranteed crit aswell but it will work out to be less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji1987
    Even though I don't even take SoC anymore now alliance has Blood as well, it does make me doubt to take it again. A guaranteed crit is alway's nice.
    I like SoB aswell, just posting this because I haven't seen anyone else make a post. But there is alot of argument between the two seals and many threads about it. I am not keen on starting that discussion here.

they gave the extra damage while stunned thing to crusader strike (from a glyph)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosno

Righteous Vengeance

The Art of War
    Wait... Is that possibly talent synergy I'm seeing? *gasp!* Don't forget Vengeance too!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Talent List
    Vengeance Rank 3

Gives you a 3% bonus to Physical and Holy damage you deal for 30 sec after dealing a critical strike from a weapon swing, spell, or ability. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
    So Blizzard gets to keep Seal of Command's ability to deal double damage against stunned or incapaticated targets and we get added talent synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyanda
    Who likes this change?

As you can see with the synergy of other talents, we still deal just as much damage. (This was already implemented in the last build. Several Paladins in my all Paladin guild on the US-PvP server confirmed that Judging SoComm against a stunned or incapacitated target always produced a crit. So this actually isn't a nerf from the previous. Just a nerf to the text. lol)

Honestly its not really a big deal in the long run.

While it is a nerf because bonus damage was better and with the crit rate on judgements already really high, it was criting the majority of the time anyway (that means the crit would have also got bonus damage).

But i guess you can't complain about having a guaranteed crit on a stunned target in PvP where it will give you instant FoL and vengeance. The big question for me is, being its 100% is it unaffected by someones resilience? I would assume so, in which case its quite nice for PvP.

We will barely use SoC in PvE again what with SoB/M on both Alliance and Horde and stuns never worked in PvE anyway (apart from 5 mans and some mobs in 10), so its not like we are affected there.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Propably not since even coldblood doesn`t gurantee you critical strike. Tho it would be about time to change that mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezadin
    As you can see with the synergy of other talents, we still deal just as much damage. (This was already implemented in the last build. Several Paladins in my all Paladin guild on the US-PvP server confirmed that Judging SoComm against a stunned or incapacitated target always produced a crit. So this actually isn't a nerf from the previous. Just a nerf to the text. lol)
    It doesn't take a genius to know that this has great synergy with Vengeance. But paladins don't have an issue getting that upto 3 stacks. I thought that getting 3 stacks easy was obvious enough not to post..

I do like the synergy, as I said in posts above i like the guaranteed crit. I also didn't know this had already been implemented I am only going by current text.

Just want to throw this out there, since people are mentioning passing SoComm because Seal of Blood is better.

It's now viable to open a fight with an engineering bomb (short duration stun) or repentance, or even have another class open up with a short duration stun (on not quite so long a cooldown, like warrior's Charge, for example), judge SoComm to get a quick Crit (and Vengeance stack), and then switch to SoB

Also very possible to keep SoComm around for when you use HoJ, just as a nice extra "F*&% You!"
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Yeah, that's why I said it now actually has a use to take over other seals.

Couldn't be bothered with the old version though.

I'm not really upset by this change. It was only a matter a time, it's just upsetting that it took this long. I'm glad that they took this away and decided to replace it with something. Shame they didn't do the same with CS :P

Hopefully with this change all the QQing warlocks and such will go to the rogue forums and bitch there.

Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

if you played ptr it was essentially already like this. the double damage was broken. this change makes my damage a little bit more boring again, just what i wanted.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

/castsecuence reset=5 Judgement of Life,Flash of Light

Quite a nice change i'd say, could have been alot worse. Providing more consistant instant healing with 20 sec hammer of wrath /1min repentance should prove very nice in arena and battlegrounds.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

A slight introduction to talent synergy and the removal of a broken mechanic?

Awesome change.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]