Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Replace Typhoon With This

Hm, just an idea I had.

Lunar Flare: 30 Second Cooldown. 12% of base mana. 30 yard range
    Consume a Moonfire, dealing 1190 Arcane damage, sending the target up in the air 20 yards and silencing them for 5 seconds.

Why change it? Typhoon is expensive, unreliable, and just plain sucky.
    This would give us a silence, increased survivability, and better burst.

the only thing i dunno about this is the sending them up in the air. sending them back would be a prob because you couldnt cast spells at them if you flared em from max range unless you ran forward, kinda negating the effect
    knocking up, wouldnt really give you distance for melee, only time. so meh.
    -Hambown

Re: Replace Typhoon With This

No.

Typhoon is casteable from a range and thus useable as an interrupt.

I don't think you can have the best of both worlds (obviously Elemental 51 pointer mixed with Typhoon), dealing damage, sending a target flying and even silencing them and it's casteable from a range? How OP is that..

Quote Originally Posted by Hambown
    Hm, just an idea I had.

Lunar Flare: 30 Second Cooldown. 12% of base mana. 30 yard range
    Consume a Moonfire, dealing 1190 Arcane damage, sending the target up in the air 20 yards and silencing them for 5 seconds.

Why change it? Typhoon is expensive, unreliable, and just plain sucky.
    This would give us a silence, increased survivability, and better burst.

the only thing i dunno about this is the sending them up in the air. sending them back would be a prob because you couldnt cast spells at them if you flared em from max range unless you ran forward, kinda negating the effect
    knocking up, wouldnt really give you distance for melee, only time. so meh.
    you oomkins are damn crazy... what the hell do u need... got so many abilities and now you want more...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhammer
    you oomkins are damn crazy... what the hell do u need... got so many abilities and now you want more...
    Oh damn, sorry for wanting to be on par and balanced with other classes in terms of being given useful pvp abilities.

Oh and if you didn't notice the OP was referring to a pvp ability, not all abilities.

Every class doesn't need a silence. I know it's tough, but classes need to be useful for different reasons, not all the same reasons.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

simple fix? leave it as it is, no travel time, 3s silence, happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowestofthekeys
    Oh damn, sorry for wanting to be on par and balanced with other classes in terms of being given useful pvp abilities.
    good point imo, its same when eleshaman wanna be balanced in terms of pve abilites and talents in ele tree (read: gief me some of your bloat, win:win situation )

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    simple fix? leave it as it is, no travel time, 3s silence, happy now?

good point imo, its same when eleshaman wanna be balanced in terms of pve abilites and talents in ele tree (read: gief me some of your bloat, win:win situation )
    3 sec silence would be fine, it doesn't need to be uber it just needs to be something that gives us a chance to actually fight back.

heh.. thats kind of ridiculous.

I'd have to agree that's a bit OP. I'm fairly sure Typhoon is here to stay as well, considering it's this late in the game (although resto shaman did just get their 51pt changed, so you never know), you should focus on how to make it a better ability rather than making replacement suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyelence
    Higher damage (without gale winds it deal less dmg than a wrath, seriously...).

Instant effect.

10y knockback so it actually knock people out of melee range.

3 sec silence if a spell is interrumped.

Short snare effect (50% for 5 sec or something?)

Add it to vengeance and moonfury.
    and make it 51pointer?

with those changes it would definately fit as 51pointer than 41, pretty strong with all those changes.

i would agree with instant effect (badly needed fr it), 3s silence and adding to vengance and moonfury (dunno why it isnt yet, bah), snare and 10s knockback.. well, simply doesnt fit as 41pointer, 2 strong imo that way

new oomkin skill!!!

Finger of death.

im in beta, blizz blue post say they are still working on bal. im praying to the goddess that they fix it, bal druids are caster simple as that

Really, just making the knockback instant and 10 yards would fix all my problems with typhoon i think. We really don't need a silence and typhoon damage is really just a nice extra. They could halve the damage if the above effects were added. Moonkins have a ton of raid buffs and a handfull of pvp nerfs so far. Owlkin frenzy is just about the only thing i've really felt good about so far.

yeah... typhoon is pretty useless... what exactly is the point of a 5 yard knockback? just replace the knockback with a silence if its purpose is to interrupt spell casts. change it from a cone effect to a cast-on-target effect. if its purpose is to interrupt multible targets make it so that it interrupts the target and every hostile within X amount of yards around him.

if the point of typhoon is to get some distance from melee, reduce the damage, increase the cooldown, remove the lag effect, increase the distance of the knockback, but decrease the range at which it takes effect. make it more effective in melee range, the way rogues, warriors, and other melee classes run circles around you makes this skill useless if its just going to miss only for you to be dead before you can use it again.

id rather have a knockback than a silence personally. we dont have many ways to defend ourselves, if we get jumped, switching to normal form to hot yourself up only makes you even more vulnerable to stuns. at least if we had something similar to thunderstorm we could knock our attacker back, apply hots, reapply moonkin form and keep going.

as it is now, it is not even worth the one talent point that is required.

>>>>AND OWLKIN FRENZY - a 15% chance to proc 10 seconds of pushback immunity and a 10% damage increase isnt all that great. the only time i can see this skill being usefull in pve is on Hex Lord in ZA. i highly doubt blizzard will make many bosses with pushback as obnoxious as Hex Lord's for this even to proc and be useful. in pvp this skill is useless because trying to cast while melee is in your face leaves you open to intterupts like pummel and kick. the 10% damage increase wont save anyone's life either. another skill thats a waste of talent points IMO.

what typhoon need is 10y knockback and a 2 sec stun so u can shift travel form and get the hell outa there because it is a 41pt but atm it is like a wrath nothing special...
    User has been banned permanently for trolling, due to the following post:
    "- making ur pet stronger than a warrior and getting bladestorm and all those cool attacks and yea dont forget that the warlock should get 2 talent points instead of 1 every level."

I'm not quite as down on owlkin frenzy i guess. Think hunters. Especially BM hunters. I don't think it's a terrible talent. Not overpowering but not awful. Typhoon is crap exactly for the reasons xeno listed. I still have no good way to survive a new and improved rogue or ret paladin.

Your great in PvE and want to be OP in PvP? Just specc fucking resto and buy Moonkin gear, your high armour and stupid burst will win anyway >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    Your great in PvE and want to be OP in PvP? Just specc fucking resto and buy Moonkin gear, your high armour and stupid burst will win anyway >.>
    that sir, is called restokin. restokin is better played with more healing gear than spell damage gear. but with the bloat of talents to get in each spec it seems difficult to make a restokin spec that would actually work well. especially since we dont know whats in store for ourselves and other classes/specs at lvl 80. just because we're druids doesnt mean we all want to be restokins. if you want a reason to hate druids, imagine if blizzard gave us a skill that got us out of combat so we could restealth or fly away, im sure everyone would hate that. but all we're asking for is a better way to defend ourselves in pvp. as far as i can see balance druids armor will be useless against the new and improved melee classes at 70-80, rogues and ret pallies for example.

as for pve, we're still going to be utilities, nothing has been said about our actual dps at 80. with hurricane having a removed cooldown and being able to use starfall at the same time our usefullness in AOE situations has greatly increased. entagling roots can be cast in-doors now, making us viable for 5-mans with a CC. i think we may still be stuck with rotations of starfire and moonfire in our rotations for actual good dps.

im sure there are things you're unhappy about in your class's talent trees or how blizzard is handling their design/uses at lvl 80. this is beta, everything is subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotoxic

if you want a reason to hate druids, imagine if blizzard gave us a skill that got us out of combat so we could restealth or fly away, im sure everyone would hate that.
    i thought that was called bash + cyclone + travel form, OoC, flight form already?

give typhoon no travel time, 3s silence and include it in crit, dmg and -mana talents (dunno in which one it already is) and it would be solid 41pointer imo

Crit with typhoon for 1900 dmg with 1000 spellpower and Gale Winds talent.

It isnt so bad, it just needs a bit faster mechanics and I wouldnt mind a further knockback.