Retool the affects of Fear and Snaring!

While I like the new nightmare affect. I think that rocks to be completely honest. I think the biggest problem a lot of locks would love to see fixed is the way fear affects a target.

I dont think the target should flee in fear, I think the target should "Cower in Fear" instead of the them running around. Keep the fear to one target at a time like it is now, thats fine but allow them to sit in one spot.

Most of the time, especially in a raid, fear is virtually useless or pointless since it sends targets into other mobs. Fear could be much more viable.

Since Blizz already made the nightmare adjustment its hard to complain about this problem we have lived with for 4 years. I'm used to CoR on a target in a raid environment to control its run path.

The only other issue with out abilities to control targets is CoEx - what is the point of doing this on a target like a Warrior when he can simply charge or intercept...

this fundamentally makes no sense. the debuff should cancel those abilities since they are S N A R E D...same goes for rogues using sprint. your exhausted, how can you sprint...

I've been reading a lot of the blah blah complaints and forum posts here and on blizz and some locks are bitching about things that already keep us in the lions den of DPS, stop complaining about those things we are essentially overpowered. complain about the things that make no sense.

Like what IMO i just posted above.

M

Re: Retool the affects of Fear and Snaring!

Stop talking please. Locks do not have any way to avoid damage (ie blink, iceblock) which is why we need our feared targets to flee from us. It would really blow if someone trinketed out of fear and was still right next to us. Also the snare helps us against rogues, and god knows locks needed that.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Fear is fine as is, it's not supposed to be as reliable as polymorph etc. And did you say locks are op in pve ROFL, they might be better than mages but they definitely aren't op.

Only noobs who havnt seen end game content say locks are op in PvE.

My warlock has full sunwell gear, all kiljaedin items (still waiting for cloak tho), and on single target dps, wargliave rogues and end game gear hunters rip lock dps apart.

Our hunters on short fights like teron in bt are hitting over 4k dps.
    And fights like brutalis which is stand and nuke for a couple of minutes they are pumping out 3.5k sustained dps.

End game locks are closing in on 3k sustained dps.

Better than mages, yes, close to best dps in full sunwell gear, not remotely.

Best aoe in the game anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cokane
    Best aoe in the game anyone?
    Well I cant argue with that.

SoC does indd pwn everything.

Useful for PvP tho? Maybe in mass av battles, useless in arena.

I always wonted if locks can teleport others to themselves, why cant they have their own limited teleport to escape combat? Too much like blink?
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    I always wonted if locks can teleport others to themselves, why cant they have their own limited teleport to escape combat? Too much like blink?
    Check our skills list. You might find something to your liking.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot