Thread: Amp Curse

Amp Curse

Should be renamed to Demonic Amplification and it should reduce GCD of all instant casts by 1sec.

The way I see it; reducing GCD of all curses is meaningless when you apply those curses every minute or two. Maybe in a setting where you're applying CoA to multiple mobs but even then your overall damage is probably reduced.

Just trying to see why this is a tier3 talent and doesn't provide nearly the kind of ability the other talents provide.

Re: Amp Curse

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    Should be renamed to Demonic Amplification and it should reduce GCD of all instant casts by 1sec.

The way I see it; reducing GCD of all curses is meaningless when you apply those curses every minute or two. Maybe in a setting where you're applying CoA to multiple mobs but even then your overall damage is probably reduced.

Just trying to see why this is a tier3 talent and doesn't provide nearly the kind of ability the other talents provide.
    they just made it that much easier of a decision for me not to take this talent... what a stupid nerf, appearently blizzard wants affliction to never cast any curse except CoE

I don't think it's that bad tbh. Shaving off the time to reapply your DoTs to get back to spamming SBs sounds like it'll make rotations a lot more efficient. Add some Haste and you'll be pretty close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuck
    I don't think it's that bad tbh. Shaving off the time to reapply your DoTs to get back to spamming SBs sounds like it'll make rotations a lot more efficient. Add some Haste and you'll be pretty close to zero.

shaving time to reapply your 1 curse

its not DoTs

and if you are heavy affliction and are required to cast CoE its a useless talent for .5 sec off GCD every 2 mins

It basically makes amp curse a pvp only talent. Good, I'm not taking it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    It basically makes amp curse a pvp only talent. Good, I'm not taking it anyway.
    and its required for coex... which i have a feeling they are going to remove the prereq anyways

15+ Year Old Account

Is the cooldown still there? Couldn't find it on wowhead ( http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=18288 ) So that's why im curious

Still think of it as a nerf, since you can only keep one curse on the same target. (Old effect was way better tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbell
    Is the cooldown still there? Couldn't find it on wowhead ( http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=18288 ) So that's why im curious

Still think of it as a nerf, since you can only keep one curse on the same target. (Old effect was way better tbh)
    I believe it's passive my friend. Although I would be able to find out if the damn PTR didnt crash every 5 mins when I get halfway through respeccing my talent tree, and then reset once it goes back up. As soon as the server goes back up, any minute now, I will be making my 5th attempt at speccing through the tree. lol.
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.