Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warlocks will pew pew rogues now

Actually...the fact that ...the 1st melee hit you get reduces cast time by .5 sec and the 2nd melee hit you take reduces cast time by another .5 sec for a grand total of 1 sec....is the only way a rogue can slow your casting now...no more turning a 2 sec cast into a 10 sec cast by spamming us with melee...That will make a difference..be sure.

No it really does now last until cancelled... look at the talent calculator

oooo its permanent now... its actually not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    Actually...the fact that ...the 1st melee hit you get reduces cast time by .5 sec and the 2nd melee hit you take reduces cast time by another .5 sec for a grand total of 1 sec....is the only way a rogue can slow your casting now...no more turning a 2 sec cast into a 10 sec cast by spamming us with melee...That will make a difference..be sure.
    Hey dude, dont forget about fel concentration and intensity! 70% to avoid interruption =)

And Meta is not permanent... 45sec still there on beta

Quote Originally Posted by soulpuppet
    No it really does now last until cancelled... look at the talent calculator
    dont tell me you honestly believe they let you keep all your abilities, your demon, have plate armour, less chance to be crit, slow reduction, AND 40% increased damage.. permanently??

just cos it doesnt say so, doesnt mean the talent is right, you can bet your ass its 45 secs with 5 min cooldown.

which should still be enough to whoop that rogue, btw

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    right right...so lets see if i got this right. you pop meta. rogue vanishes, sprints for the nearest LoS spot. you patch yourself up. ok....now you both are at 100% health. meta morph ends. now you, a 100% health 'lock face off againat a rogue at 100% health

yeah, how does this story end?
    Felguard solo's rogue..

Oh wait.. scaling -.-'

Damn it all.....

It's not endless, it's a typo. I was crying tears of joy when I read it would be constant, didn't really care about the melee defense buffs, then I logged in to the beta and read the talent as showing its until clicked off too. Then I learned the ability and used it, 45 seconds :'(

If you learn the talent and read the tool tip it is correct though but the actual talent in the tree is false.

And as for rogues they will just vanish, the only real advantage locks have vs that is we can move faster than them while they are stealthed and with immolation up in demon form we can hope to pop them out.
    I chose Garrosh because he has the strength to lead our people in these trying times. The Horde cries for a hero of old. An orc of true blood that will bow to no human and bear no betrayal. A warrior that will make our people proud again. -Thrall

Well rogues can CloakofSkill+vanish already(well with the lowered cooldowns they'll probably do it more).

I see 2 big things left for warlocks: Cooldowns(Deathcoil 2min, meta 5 min, Fel Dom 15 min) all need to be lowered. And of course we're still using mage gear at 80...which is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf
    Well rogues can CloakofSkill...
    To my knowledge demon form does chaos damage, and chaos damage can't be resisted so CloS is irell.
    I chose Garrosh because he has the strength to lead our people in these trying times. The Horde cries for a hero of old. An orc of true blood that will bow to no human and bear no betrayal. A warrior that will make our people proud again. -Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    .5 and 1 sec are plenty of time for them to get the energy for kick... which is also off the GCD now

wont make a huge difference but against hunters its delicious

Quote Originally Posted by Snix
    Posion > Armor. Nuf said.
    this my rogue murders warriors and boomkins instant poisons hit 1200 crits lol. and shown to be form like druid form( even pops up a meta icon idea the druid ui well no icon as thats bugged but a box lol) but when I tested it still has a dur. and its ability are bugged too they drain 100% of your mana.

2v2, rogue starts stunlock, demon form, rogue flees, lock makes angry face at enemy healer and pwns it (unless its a pally). I don't think a rogue can take on any dps class with a healer alone.

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    you realise they will just vanish and wait out the duration right?
    Metamorphasis

You transform into a Demon for until canceled. This form increases your armor by 600%, damage by 40%, reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6% and reduces the duration of stun and snare effects by 50%. You gain some unique demon abilities in addition to your normal abilities.

That is all...

- Slavemaker -

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    Metamorphasis

You transform into a Demon for until canceled. This form increases your armor by 600%, damage by 40%, reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6% and reduces the duration of stun and snare effects by 50%. You gain some unique demon abilities in addition to your normal abilities.

That is all...

- Slavemaker -
    as of the last patch yes it says that but on ptr it still has a dur for some reason

Oh..

I don't play on the PTR or Beta :\.

- Slavemaker -

i copied my warlock a few days ago. metamorph definaty retains its 45 second duration as of the latest patch.

thats kinda why i said it. you fight a rogue. you meta morph, the rogue will CLoS and vanish and wait it out
    all hail king frost strike

sorry but there is absolutely no way warlocks will be able to stay in demon form indefinatly, it would be massively OP, and rogues would be completely out of a job. we would not only be able to tank (i did the math, and we do indeed have the armor equivilent to plate) but we would be doing more damage then a mage. no one would play any other class and warlocks would run wild in wow

btw, my main is a warlock, but the difference is i know when to admit something is severly OP.
    Yeah, its a Hemmy.

Why do people still post on the idea that it might be permanent? Wake up, locks aren't that corrupted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf
    Well rogues can CloakofSkill+vanish already(well with the lowered cooldowns they'll probably do it more).

I see 2 big things left for warlocks: Cooldowns(Deathcoil 2min, meta 5 min, Fel Dom 15 min) all need to be lowered. And of course we're still using mage gear at 80...which is not good.
    Oh, so that's what warlocks need, more skillcoils. Also, Blizzard WANTS you to use mage gear at 80. That mage gear is also shadow priest gear. In some cases, it's also holy priest gear.

People like this are why I have an innate dislike for what wow pvp has become.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.