Hand of Holy Speed:

How about a hand buff that increases targets speed by 50% for 6 seconds, with a 15 second cooldown. Not too OP, and solves problems of holy getting away and ret catching up

What do you think?
    "Whenever i crit 10 times in a row on resto druid and can't kill it i exit wow, go outside... walk a bit and find a kitty and beat the fucking shit out of it and throw it in a bush."

-Venator

Re: Hand of Holy Speed:

so basically a sprint like ability that can be given to other people too, not too bad but the cooldown should probably be longer than 15 seconds =P

what would happen if you cast this on someone who had a sprint ability? ??

Paladins do not run about quickly. We're supposed to be decked out holy warriors, not nimble leather wearers.

Holy paladins shouldnt have to RUN AWAY, they should just have skills to help them outlast their foes, not outrun them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mur.
    Paladins do not run about quickly. We're supposed to be decked out holy warriors, not nimble leather wearers.

Holy paladins shouldnt have to RUN AWAY, they should just have skills to help them outlast their foes, not outrun them.
    Exactly, running is for pussys

Quote Originally Posted by Lille7
    running is for Druids
    there ya go

Sigh, running around to survive and be more effective is not for pussies. Now, standing there and taking it up the butt is for fags.
    Neither of you obviously know anything about healing >_<
    "Whenever i crit 10 times in a row on resto druid and can't kill it i exit wow, go outside... walk a bit and find a kitty and beat the fucking shit out of it and throw it in a bush."

-Venator

just sad that a core mechanic for a class is to run away is all

I for one, am putting Rocket Skates on my boots.

Paladins dont run away, or run up to, they're like the killer in B-rated horror movies, they calmly,gen methodically stalk up to their prey while, easily closing the gap with a measured pace while their prey frantically streaks about from escape path to escape path, only to find each one inaccessible somehow.

Either that, or they're the guys who affix chains or ropes to their enemies and reel them in for the assbeating.

I hope they nerf our burst some, and as compensation, give us SOMETHING to make running away from us less effective, I never liked the way JoJ worked, it's not justice to prevent someone from running away, that seems perfectly fair. Instead of limiting their movement speed and preventing runners, it should accumulate their actions somehow to either be used against them in turn after a set period of time/effect, or as a beneficial effect to the person fighting them.

I'd love to see JoJ buffed so that it seems as useful as the other two Judgements, and it'd be even cooler if it were tuned for Prot and PvP.

15+ Year Old Account

I agree that paladins don't run people down. We have a steady determined pace that will make us eventually catch up with the prey, and heals and bubbles to last us the way.

If ANYTHING at all (and I'm not saying we DO need something), why not reverse the concept? :P

Divine Attraction
    20 yards, Channeled, 2 sec cast, 15 sec cooldown
    "Mesmerizes a target with your divine brilliance, luring them closer to you. While channeling, you do not lose casting time and your target runs towards you at +50% speed, and cannot cast spells."

This can of course be countered by team mates (by bubble, cleanse on target, purge on you, or the normal spell breaks that work on channels).
    Numbers can be tweaked, but this way we have an ability that is far from infallible but could be that extra little thing when you need to close some distance, while at the same time giving us a spell breaker.
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.

Sigh.

How about you just save your Repentance for when the sod runs off? I rarely have issues with sticking on other players, unless they are a Hunter ofcourse. Hunters make my Paladin cry ;(

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

you people needz moar avenger's shield!
    all hail king frost strike

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Sigh.

How about you just save your Repentance for when the sod runs off? I rarely have issues with sticking on other players, unless they are a Hunter ofcourse. Hunters make my Paladin cry ;(
    Aye, I agree with that. It's not always doable (sometimes you need it for a spell break) but most of the time peoples problems has to do with them burning their stuns to get a bigger bust damage output and therefore doesn't have anything left when they run off.

My suggestion was just something I thought would be a fun mechanic As I said, I don't really think it's needed but people keep complaining about it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmight
    what would happen if you cast this on someone who had a sprint ability? ??

the end of the world jimmy, the end of the world....

Quote Originally Posted by Necrox
    Aye, I agree with that. It's not always doable (sometimes you need it for a spell break) but most of the time peoples problems has to do with them burning their stuns to get a bigger bust damage output and therefore doesn't have anything left when they run off.
    A interrupt? Mwah.

With Seal of Justice now being viable and Hammer of Justice now having a 20 second cooldown you do not really need Repentance as an interrupt.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    A interrupt? Mwah.
    With Seal of Justice now being viable and Hammer of Justice now having a 20 second cooldown you do not really need Repentance as an interrupt.
    Probably not no. Doesn't prevent people from mashing it anyway though :P

Just want to say, a great way to absolutely flip out a Hunter is pop your Bubble before they can land any stings or shots. Most of the time, they just keep shooting anyways; "Why.. isn't... he... stopping... GYAH!"

Yes, you blew your big defensive ability before the fight even started, but you also closed distance, prevented an Arcane Shot dispelling, probably plowed right through their trap, and gave them a blow or two to remember you by. If you kill em quick enough, you won't NEED your defensive ability.

That's always worked out decently for me ; get in their face and control the situation. It's one of the rare situations where playing completely and irrationally offensive works out well; they just don't know how to handle a charging paladin and the common perception of paladins being easy to kite is their biggest shortcoming.

Doesn't always work, but when it does, you can be sure they'll think twice before trying to pick off a paladin.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Necrox
    I agree that paladins don't run people down. We have a steady determined pace that will make us eventually catch up with the prey, and heals and bubbles to last us the way.

If ANYTHING at all (and I'm not saying we DO need something), why not reverse the concept? :P

Divine Attraction
    20 yards, Channeled, 2 sec cast, 15 sec cooldown
    "Mesmerizes a target with your divine brilliance, luring them closer to you. While channeling, you do not lose casting time and your target runs towards you at +50% speed, and cannot cast spells."

This can of course be countered by team mates (by bubble, cleanse on target, purge on you, or the normal spell breaks that work on channels).
    Numbers can be tweaked, but this way we have an ability that is far from infallible but could be that extra little thing when you need to close some distance, while at the same time giving us a spell breaker.

After having my paladin for 3 years i retired him when i saw the T5 aka the Might Morphing Pally Rangers. Now you propose "Divine Attraction", damn man we really dont want to be sending that message now do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

After having my paladin for 3 years i retired him when i saw the T5 aka the Might Morphing Pally Rangers. Now you propose "Divine Attraction", damn man we really dont want to be sending that message now do we.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Talents
    • *New Skill* Seduction of the Innocent (Level 69) - Seduces the target, preventing all actions for up to 15 sec. Any damage caused will remove the effect. Only works against Humanoids of the same sex as your character.
    A skill so flaming its in-game text actually has to appear in pink.

Naw, just kiddin', but that'd be funny.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-