Demonic Brutality

Anyone have any info on how the buff to Demonic Frenzy from this talent actually works?
    Is it per stack (6%/7%/8% for a total of 80% damage fully stacked), or is it just total (51%/52%/53%).
    Option #1 seems OP, and option #2 seems worthless...

Re: Demonic Brutality

This is a warlock skill you are talking about...
    Ofc it's the second

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm willing to bet it's even worse than option #2.

It says it increases the AP BONUS by 1%. That means that if you've got a 10-stack of Demonic Frenzy, giving a 50% AP bonus, that you'll get 1%/2%/3% of that 50%. Which means 0.5%/1%/1.5% of your demons normal AP.

That's how I read the tooltips, at least.

I think it is #1, Blizzard nerfed the Felguard glyph(20% damage -> 10 AP) , and changed the talent, giving a way to specifically upgrade Felguard in the tree, and limiting the difference between a Felguard Glyph'ed Warlock and another.

Was on beta today before the 8970, and it was 1% each stack, to a max of 80%.

Obviously its option #1, cleary notified by the tooltip...

Demonic Brutality Rank 3
    Increases the effectiveness of your Voidwalker's Torment, Consume Shadows, Sacrifice and Suffering spells by 30%, and increases the attack power bonus on your Felguard's Demonic Frenzy effect by 3%.
    So, it adds 3% to the Demonic Frenzy effect, wich is:

Demonic Frenzy Passive
    The Felguard's damaging melee attacks cause a demonic frenzy, increasing attack power by 5% for 10 sec. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
    The Demonic Frenzy adds 5% to the Felguard's attack power, not 50%, but it can obviously stack up to 10 times. So it would be worthless being option #2 since it would benefit only when stacked 10 times.

And yea, its worth those 3 points on Demonic Brutality, along with the new Felguard glyph (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=42459) it'll give a nice boost to its damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkatron
    Was on beta today before the 8970, and it was 1% each stack, to a max of 80%.
    Excellent news! Now I have to refigure my spec...and never been happier about it!

On the felguard I'd like to add in the new 80% less dmg form aoe stacks with demonic res and the felguard md he's takes 0 dmg from aoes.

interesting, and the 80% figure seems accurate, my felguard on PTR had nearly 2k AP with me and him unbuffed, except for fel armor and the frenzy itself(completely unbuffed was around 1.1k)

He was hitting like a truck as well, with me having 20% crit, he was critting EXTREMELY often, I had the demonic pact and empathy buff on me pretty much all the time

Normally crits were 600+ on non-sundered mobs..

I'm quite pleased with the felguard right now.. plus he has 10k armor without the fel synergy talent(didn't bother taking it cause i specced a pve spec

One thing bothers me, and that's that he goes oom fast, so at least 2/3 or 3/3 talents in mana feed are mandatory, 1/3 isn't doing it(i was specced 1/3 in it)

Thanks for the additional confirmation! Assuming no nerfs before release, think this will be the best Demo raid build...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...02500135231351

It hurts, but I think the 2/3 Mana Feed is more important than Demonic Sacrifice for PvE

I dunno i think that with a felguard that Demonic resilience is almost mandatory. 15% additional damage reduction FTW
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

Damage Buffs > Damage Mitigation

Likely Felguard will survive almost anything with 80% avoidance...especially if you have Improved Health Funnel & Fel Synergy

Quote Originally Posted by thelorddave

Likely Felguard will survive almost anything with 80% avoidance...especially if you have Improved Health Funnel & Fel Synergy
    Imp Health Funnal DOES look very attractive now, especially with the glyph, plus its coefficient is finally fixed.

Mine was ticking for 800+ per sec, on live I barely reach 400.
    Or at least I used to, can't remember when I used it last, as a PvE affliction lock, I always have my imp out, and he doesn't need healing, so I don't need Health Funnel really..

unfortunately the 80% avoidance only works for AoE damage, if an add decides to directly smack your felguard up, he gets KO'd and u officially become a giant pile of epic fail. for the felguard the best offense is an awesome defence

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedsight
    unfortunately the 80% avoidance only works for AoE damage, if an add decides to directly smack your felguard up, he gets KO'd and u officially become a giant pile of epic fail. for the felguard the best offense is an awesome defence
    Yes, because even allowing your felguard to get an add on him is enough to consider respeccing to destruction cause you're obviously not capable of handling a melee pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Yes, because even allowing your felguard to get an add on him is enough to consider respeccing to destruction cause you're obviously not capable of handling a melee pet.
    well the felguard is better than a healer when the OT's are busy already, not saying it should happen often but in the rare occurrence that it does i'd rather have my felguard tank it than a Healer

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedsight
    well the felguard is better than a healer when the OT's are busy already, not saying it should happen often but in the rare occurrence that it does i'd rather have my felguard tank it than a Healer
    That's different, there you intentionally click on that taunt button(I already forgot it's name, you can see I don't play demo much)

Most people just keep it on while raiding, And then when the tank switches targets to generate threat on another, the felguard comes closer and closer.. and then.. BAM! instagibbed, followed by a dead healer and following a dead group.

It's happened with hunters as well.. they keep their pet's growl active, and then they grab aggro from you and your desperately trying to take it back, but it's not working cause.. you have no rage!, and then you waste your taunt, only to end up having some random mage grab aggro and get instagibbed because you couldn't generate proper threat cause of the silly pet.

And before you go "pet taunts don't actually taunt" that's something I know, yes.. but the sudden burst of threat pets get at the start of a group is plenty to grab aggro from a tank who barely has any rage.

Thanks for the additional confirmation! Assuming no nerfs before release, think this will be the best Demo raid build...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...02500135231351

It hurts, but I think the 2/3 Mana Feed is more important than Demonic Sacrifice for PvE
    this spec is terrible

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Pet taunts are a resource sink, draining focus/mana faster. Why would you ever think we would leave it on in a group situation? Unless you're talking about stupid locks..then yes I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by champ288
    this spec is terrible
    What a constructive post! Could you describe why perhaps?