Thread: Righteous Armor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Righteous Armor

im sorry you dont think pallies can survive, the skills we have are WELL enough for you to outlast, out manuver, and defeat your opponant.

hammer/3 bubbles/hand of freedom/judgement of life - everyone has these

repentance/sheath of light/persuit of justice/holyWTFOPstorm - Ret Tree

prot tree -ridiculous dmg mitigation

and with holy, well, we are goona consecrate and we are goona heal ourselves. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    You are flipping and flopping all over this conversation saying "well it's broken with other classes getting our core mechanics but don't balance it out by give some of there mechanics to the Paladin." and then you go on to say and defend the system saying it's flawed but you rather see nothing done by giving other classes weaknesses that got our core mechanics.
    You ignorant fuck, you just twisted my words around yet bloody again.

I never said I was fine with nothing being done to combat the problems a Paladin has (had), I said I wanted the solutions to be as unique as possible.

Jesus holy christ you are dense.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

[quote=Rawberry ]
    [quote=Ugrateful ]
    You are flipping and flopping all over this conversation saying "well it's broken with other classes getting our core mechanics but don't balance it out by give some of there mechanics to the Paladin." and then you go on to say and defend the system saying it's flawed but you rather see nothing done by giving other classes weaknesses that got our core mechanics.

You ignorant fuck, you just twisted my words around yet bloody again.

I never said I was fine with nothing being done to combat the problems a Paladin has (had), I said I wanted the solutions to be as unique as possible.

Jesus holy christ you are dense.

uh-oh the JUICE IS ANGRY

Quote Originally Posted by takainig
    prot tree -ridiculous dmg mitigation
    Where?  all I noticed was 6% to RF and another 6% to spell spread out thru the 50 other talents you need to hold agro.

In fact we are the lowest in Mitigation now thanks to bears getting 12%to spell/melee, warrior 16%/10% and us sitting at 12%/6%. BTW we also have the least health but I am not too concerned about that currently.

Ok, so I worded it a bit badly. I don't necessarily want to see Armor to STR conversion, and yes I understand that we have BoM for an AP buff that DKs don't have, but still warriors have Battle Shout and the Armor to STR. As unique as I would like to have Paladins compared to other classes, Blizzard has seen fit to make use a close carbon copy of each other, especially warriors.

I wouldn't mind an Armor to something conversion, it doesn't need to be STR, but what? What can be useful equally or close to equally for all paladins, and kind of fit the lollore/role of pallies. All of the trees already have a something to Spell Power conversion so we can't really use that. We can't have Armor to STR because that just makes us more of a carbon copy. I can't really think of much else that would be useful for paladins that wouldn't be a bit OP or clunky. Armor to Parry so Ret can use it would be a bit overly useful for Prot pallies that warriors and DKs will whinefest. Armor to Intellect is a bit useless to Ret and Prot, though I suppose a bit useful for Ret and running out of mana like a well squeezed sponge.

But then again I am thinking of this from a Prot Paladin PoV, so I am focused more on Survivability/Threat.

Personally, if paladins were to see a armor to ____ conversion talent, I wouldn't mind it being resist all. Put it halfway down the tree so PvPers can't grab it and their 51 point.
    Back before I saw Touched by the Light and Sheath of Light, I thought a Armor to Spellpower conversion would be nice somewhere in early prot, but I don't think that's needed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by naljara
    Edit: listen to rawberry, listen dont follow blindly, he is very all knowing!
    I dunno what to make of that .

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylus
    Where? all I noticed was 6% to RF and another 6% to spell spread out thru the 50 other talents you need to hold agro.

In fact we are the lowest in Mitigation now thanks to bears getting 12%to spell/melee, warrior 16%/10% and us sitting at 12%/6%. BTW we also have the least health but I am not too concerned about that currently.
    it lies mostly in thhe extra amor from devo and our sheildblock and holy shield, people try and gank me all the time when im on quel dana's. now dont get me wrong, i cant take on like 3 druids, but i can take on 3 warriors, or 3 rogues no prob. but thats mostly because i dont think anyone knows how to rogue properly really on Frostwolf. and i was reck spec with gorhowl, that was fun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    What's your sense motive modifier?
    Pretty decent but I rolled a 1 :'(.

Oh btw;

You have just Ellia'd this whole dang thread
    What the does that mean in English? You should understand that having a day job precludes me from 'keeping it real' and as such, I lack a certain familiarity with the language of the 'streets' as it were.

I'm not even argue that outlook. What i got a problem with is Paladin core mechanics are being watered down while other classes are receiving our core mechanics at full straight.

If you are going to go all Caydiem on what i am talking about please try to relate it to what i am saying not what you think i am trying to say. It's cut and dry understand that.
    So wait... Basutai agrees with me, and you agree with him, but you do not agree with me?

Uhh...

Most of the time he is smart other times he seems to completely forget about every other aspect of the game.
    We are ok in pvp that's not the big problem 1v1 but when you enter a group setting it's a whole different ball game.
    In a group situation you do not need everything you proclaim we need as you would have other people doing this for you.

Ugrateful makes me laugh, a lot.

Also, /agree with whatever Rawberry says. Man knows his stuff, no?

*goes off to read webcomics*

EDIT: To actually address the original topic at hand, I'm not much for a plate -> stat conversion. Holy could use a look from the devs, but otherwise I see the paladin trees as pretty well set right now. No need to change things up more, no?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

You don't know who Ellia is ? :-\
    Ok so you're not a vet to the paladin class here let me help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuiPK_F4CTw
    I'm not an veteran Paladin player because I do not visit the US forums and do not know a random scrubs name? Besides, the only reason you know that name is because you looked at Longwriters video.

Have you not been reading what i have been saying this whole time or is your head under a rock ?

It doesn't matter what you have been saying, what you did was disagree with me. And again, Basutai agreed with me, you agreed with him, but disagreed with me?

Right.

Blizzard would more likely copy and paste one that is already in the game then give a new one to the class or change how one act then put one in.

Either 1 of 3 things have to happen.

1 we get a carbon copy mechanics from another classes
    2 we get a change to our existing mechanics
    3 we get a new mechanics that is new to the game.

What one do you thin Blizzard is really going to go for ?
    I will not disagree with you there but I never said what I was saying was going to happen. I just stated that I would like to keep classes as distinct and unique as possible and that was why I did not like the OP's idea, period.

Quote Originally Posted by proy
    @Retrogames:
    The idea of Pacifist is totally breaking the new talents / glyphs, where Blizzard want to add seals and judgements into a Holy paladin rotation.
    The new talents / glyphs where Blizzard wants to add seals and judgments into Holy Pally rotation is (mostly) unpopular and lacks the oomph that Ret and Prot are getting (moreso Ret). Nearly 5 years in and the best they can give Holy is "Lulz, judge from the back"? Please. I'd rather see "Shockadin" become the 'official' roll of Holy; Healing and ranged DPS with that special Paladin twist.

In this case, you receive better heals when all you are doing is healing, but when you do go back to causing damage, you still carry that extra spell damage for your first hit. In other words, stopping to heal for 12 seconds means that when you go back to causing damage, it hurts extra hard.

Ranged judging is a fantastic idea, but it and Holy Shock should not be the entire scope of Holy Paladin combat. That's kind of what I've been aiming for with the talent tree I poke at from time to time (See signature).

Also, this thread is certifiable gold now. Much <3 Rawberry
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I'm not an veteran Paladin player because I do not visit the US forums and do not know a random scrubs name? Besides, the only reason you know that name is because you looked at Longwriters video.

It doesn't matter what you have been saying, what you did was disagree with me. And again, Basutai agreed with me, you agreed with him, but disagreed with me?

Right.
    i use a similar method when hittin on girls, maybe he loves you

Assumption is a wonderful thing. Maybe i love you instead MR 24 poster man. Alts ftw ?
    Since when has the number of posts someone has made been an indication of intelligence? By that logic, trolls and spammers are our greatest thinkers and most esteemed minds.

But thank you for playing!
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    Since when has the number of posts someone has made been an indication of intelligence? By that logic, trolls and spammers are our greatest thinkers and most esteemed minds.

But thank you for playing!

/agree
    /hug
    see he gets it i was making a suggestion, thats all,
    i didnt mean to quesiton your sexuality Ungrateful

Quote Originally Posted by satty
    We have spellpower based on stamina, isn't that enough?
    Until we know how much mitigation we need before grabbing stam, it's difficult to say when Touched by the Light will scale well. On the PTR, prots are swapping out all their stam gems for mitigation. Armor always increases with iLevel, stam won't necessarily.

From what I understand, prot will be a complete mess until level 75 when we get to shield slam. No hardfast mitigation numbers exist anymore. Will armor be a desirable stat to stack/enchant for? How about strength vs spellpower for threat gen?

Goodbye merciless gladiators gavel, may you forever rot in my healing set :P