Ret Pally Question

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but since Retribution Paladins share Warrior gear, are mana pools quite limited?
    There's always Divine Plea and JotW to recover mana, but I was wondering whether this is balanced with the use of instant FoL and if any Pallies in the beta (with Warrior gear) are experiencing mana problems.

Also, will the instant FoL be something that you'll be able to use on other players whenever the buff is up, or is it something you'll have to save until you need to use it on yourself (due to mana)?

Re: Ret Pally Question

Mana regeneration is awesome at the moment, even with the small (5000-6000~) mana pools.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Mana regem is good enough to have a combat rotation including concecrate.

Yeah i did a instance the other day with a retri pally and he didnt seem to have any mana problems at all
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

With the level 70 ret gear on (stuff with +int) I wasn't able to use skills fast enough to lose mana assuming I constantly used a Judgement. I removed all the +int gear and was able to use Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, and Judgements while gaining a small bit of mana, but any more abilities thrown in the mix and I'd start losing mana. I'd say that's a really good balance.

Quote Originally Posted by dimiaerl
    I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but since Retribution Paladins share Warrior gear, are mana pools quite limited?
    It's not the size of the mana pool that matters, it's what you do with it. :
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    It's not the size of the mana pool that matters, it's what you do with it. :
    Now say that with a Scottish accent

Quote Originally Posted by ionpath
    Now say that with a Scottish accent
    Oh, you charmer, you.... :-*

Seriously though. Yeah, Ret (and since they'll be using Warrior gear as well, Prot) Paladins have a smaller mana pool, but if you're smart and use the right abilities and take advantage of non-armor gear (trinkets, neck, rings, etc.) and mana regeneration...

.. well, let's just say that the ladies like a guy who can DPS all night, if you know what I mean.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

i'd say, find yourself a mage. int buff will help ridiculously

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I was just asking because it seems easy to balance Ret abilities (CS/Divine Storm) around a small mana pool. However, since heals are used by Holy Pallies as well, they can't be made too cheap.

I really like the concept behind the new Art of War. However, if we don't have enough mana to use those instant FoL to heal others, then it really is not too different from a free health pot, which is a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by dimiaerl
    I really like the concept behind the new Art of War. However, if we don't have enough mana to use those instant FoL to heal others, then it really is not too different from a free health pot, which is a bit disappointing.
    Agreed. At the moment a Retribution Paladin cannot just start spamming heals, but you have enough mana regeneration to keep tossing a heal and your damage rotation after every Judgement.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Im a sunwell geared ret pally and my holy lights can crit for over like 7k....i was real suprised by this seeing that i rarely ever cast a heal on myself for more than 2k.....was curious if anyone else was seeing this results.

I did heroic Slave Pens... I never oomed unless i was spamming consecrates