Thread: Tankadin set

Tankadin set

Hi everyone,
    I saw the new sets naxx and the lack of pure avoidance on palatanks' set caught my attention. Compared to the others tank such as warriors and DK (I didn't compared with droods) I get this : (sorry for the aspect of the sheet)

Paladin Warrior Deathknight
    Stam 581 581 580
    Str 405 395 375
    Parry 39 95 153
    Dodge 79 145 190
    Defense 256 242 246
    Shield block 105 74
    block value 196 77
    hit 37 35 38
    expertise 35 34 35

that leaves us with only 39 dodge and 79 parry as pure avoidance against 95 dodge and 145 parry for warriors (DK having no shield to mitigate they have more avoidance to compensate).
    But my point here is not to QQ as "warriors have more avoidance blahblah" but I would like to know if the way we block more/and more often with redoubt-holy shield-more str-more block value is enough to compensate the lack of "pure" avoidance from the other tank's set.

What do you say ?

Re: Tankadin set

the way I look at it, these pieces only make up 5 parts of my gear. So if I find that I am low on "pure" avoidance I will compensate (looking like most non-sets will have little to do with block because DKs wouldn't like those stats). I am actually glad we have more strength and block value compared to the other tanks, this follows in line with our overall huge increase in damage.

Also remember that the other tanks got a threat multiplier buff while we didn't, furthering our need for increased damage. Just my two cents but I really look forward to Wotlk endgame tanking with my pally.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I heard that block absorbs quite a bit of damage now and so with high enough block and stam. pallys might be able to tank with very little other avoidance. It's really hard to tell though without talents being factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokish
    Hi everyone,
    I saw the new sets naxx and the lack of pure avoidance on palatanks' set caught my attention. Compared to the others tank such as warriors and DK (I didn't compared with droods) I get this : (sorry for the aspect of the sheet)

Paladin Warrior Deathknight
    Stam 581 581 580
    Str 405 395 375
    Parry 39 95 153
    Dodge 79 145 190
    Defense 256 242 246
    Shield block 105 74
    block value 196 77
    hit 37 35 38
    expertise 35 34 35

that leaves us with only 39 dodge and 79 parry as pure avoidance against 95 dodge and 145 parry for warriors (DK having no shield to mitigate they have more avoidance to compensate).
    But my point here is not to QQ as "warriors have more avoidance blahblah" but I would like to know if the way we block more/and more often with redoubt-holy shield-more str-more block value is enough to compensate the lack of "pure" avoidance from the other tank's set.

What do you say ?

right off the bat, pallies use block more, warrs use more well rounded, and poor DK have to dodge or parry everything. with a base of +405 str thats straight up 202.5 more blocked dmg, envermind enchants, charecter base stats, talents, the shield its self. all in all seems pallies should be able to block around 1500-2500 dmg eng game esp if you just stack str/stm gems, thats what im goin for, and then def enchants

I just did the math with the shield "Wall of terror" http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/september/8962/kt25_wallofterror.jpg

So basically with 5 pieces of the set naxx 25, the shield and nothing more but the talent Divine Strengh and Redoubt we got 892 block value. That's already high damage from shield of the righteousness, but also great damage "decrease".

@ Dutifulblade : I'm really looking forward to wotlk tanking too. I just worried a little too much seeing that our gear was poorly gifted with dodge and parry.
    If blizz doesn't screw it all we should still be just fine

@ Takainig : 2500 block value ? that's a little unreachable from where i see it

nah, you gotta factor in how much str you get from items, plus your base char stats, enchants, gems(+10str/+15stm) would benfit the most, 2500 is pretty high, most likely true end game, not naxx 25man or so, but later most definately, you should walk out of naxx 10 man with around 1500 block easy. im not home or i would create a charecter on my private really fast

Good analysis. And I'd already pointed this out in a seperate thread but the main problem with the pally set is the block RATING (not block value which is fine). They need to change that to dodge or parry and we are fine. That much block rating will go unused on a paladin who will easily reach the 'block cap' of 102.4% avoidance+block without it.