Thread: Ret Glyphs

Ret Glyphs

DPS Glyphs (Major):
    1) Blessing of Might - 10% of BoM AP => Spell Power
    2) Seal of Command - 20% More procs
    3) Judgment - 10% More damage
    4) Crusader Strike - 20% More damage to stunned/incapacitated

CC:
    5) Hammer of Justice - 1sec Longer stun (1/6 = 16.6% bonus to stun duration)

Anti- Metamorp Warlock + Lichborn DK:
    6) Exorcism - Interrupt spell cast
    7) Turn Evil - Insta-cast

Combat Healing:
    8) Flash of Light - 50% direct heal, with a 100% heal over 15seconds.

Unless we're Inscribers, we only get to pick 3. If you want to max dps, the choices are clearly BoM, judgment, and crusader stike.

Between diminishing returns, stun duration reducing talents, and bosses being stun immune I just don't see myself glyphing HoJ.

I do arena a lot, so I'm thinking SoC + Turn Evil + Flash of Light. What are your thoughts and plans glyph-wise?

Re: Ret Glyps

For Arena I would not take Glyph of Turn Evil, everytime you are not matched against a Warlock you basicly lose a seal.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Good call. I guess it just feels like every team I fight has at least 1.

I'll sub in BoM for an extra 55 spell power then.

Haha basutai. I'm in almost the opposite situation. My friends were forced to roll alliance so I could play paladin back in vanilla wow, but now they've changed sides and I'm considering making a BE. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if those heirloom items work cross-faction, let alone cross-server. And if they don't, I'm just too damn lazy to roll one from scratch. Maybe a DK since 1-55 is already done for me...

what's a glyp

Re: Ret Glyphs

Good catch on the spelling, I went and fixed it.

so you get an extra glyph as a scribe?

That seems to be blizzard's current plan.

Is 1 Bonus Major Glyph == Ring Enchants? Hard to say.

Oh and scribes can make themselves off-hand items, but that's not going to be much of a selling point with the Silver Hand crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    so you get an extra glyph as a scribe?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x

Oh and scribes can make themselves off-hand items, but that's not going to be much of a selling point with the Silver Hand crowd.
    I would say Bonus Glyph > Ring Enchants unless they increase the ring enchants by some.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

there's not enough glyphs to merrit a 4th one for Prot, But as Ret i can see getting a 4th one.

All i'd get as prot is Judgement, Avenger's shield and Righteous Defense.
    unless the new 11pt talent is good and gets a nice glyph... who knows.

i must say, as ret, the fol glyph is slightly useless considering we already have the 60% heal dot. taking this would reduce the dot effect by 50% as well as crit bonus by 50%. i think you forget how often we crit now

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

BoM glyph, CS glyph and SoCommand glyph for me... i really want HoJ buff and the interrupt to use against locks and Dks. Are these three the best for PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by b37x

With Inscription you have one extra glyph (Idk if Major or Minor, I think Major looking at the interface), and buffed Item Enhancement for Shoulders (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?search=master%27s+inscription).

For the glyph choice I will take BoM, SoC and Judgment (Pve for me.).

I don't see why one would take the Crusader strike Glyph in PvE for max DPS for the same reason you listed as not taking the HoJ glyph, since bosses are rarely capable of being incapacitated or stunned, and the glyph only causes extra damage against stunned/incapacitated targets. I'd say the ones to take for PvE would be BoM, SoC, and Judge.