[Question] new "Focus Magic"

so since they changed this to crit instead of spell power, i've been wondering how this works for us.

you cast it on a person (I'm guessing healing pally as an option cus they want crit) and when that person crits with a spell you gain 3% crit as well...

now my question:

if you cast the buff on yourself giving yourself 3% crit and then you crit with a spell do you now gain 6%(3+3)?

or does it not stack like that.

Re: [Question] new "Focus Magic"

The spell can only be cast on another player. How it works is that they get the 3% crit and when they do crit you, the caster of focus magic, get the 3% crit for 10 seconds. So the mage would want to probably cast it on another person they know would crit with spells a good amount of the time.

This spell can be cast as a self-buff as well, though you don't gain the additional crit.

I want the old raid-wide buff again, it wtfpwned this focus magic.

Hmm, my friend and I were trying it out 2 days ago on PTR and i couldnt cast it on myself via ctrl click or casting on my portrait, must have changed it since then i guess.

Erm....2 mages per raid, both with focus magic, both casting it on each other? 6% crit most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    This spell can be cast as a self-buff as well, though you don't gain the additional crit.

I want the old raid-wide buff again, it wtfpwned this focus magic.
    No it didn't, because it didn't stack with any other similar spellpower buffs.

This buff however does stack with other crit raidbuffs (like oomkin aura or elemental oath) and is now hands down better than Icy Veins for fire builds.