Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ret 2h weap nerf

two-handed weapon specialization was reduced from 2/4/6 to 1/2/3 % damage increase. does it really seem worth getting now? anyone on beta see a significant damage decrease (white damage) with its nerf or is it just a minor change?
    Yeah, its a Hemmy.

Re: ret 2h weap nerf

Well it's now less than any other 2h or 1h weapon specialization and it only affects weapon damage not all damage done. It's a confusing nerf... we didn't need a nerf to sustained damage and it's now worth far less then their "1% dps increase per talent point".
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Khody

I would say that they're doing about 3% less dps because of it.

Would be noticeable on a combat parse but not directly per swing.

this is actually a very unfortunate nerf. i dont mean to complain, but the reason everyone is crying and saying we are OP is because our rather high crit numbers, but they seem to keep nerfing our sustained damage and not adjusting the true problem
    Yeah, its a Hemmy.

THIS IS GREAT NERF

Understand, blizz know that ret is really good, everybody knows that, while we cant be op it doesnt mean that we sometimes are, as we see, blizz is trying to decreas our dmg, it's good that they are trying to change it in a really polite way, 6% to 3% give me a break, does any one remember BC? and CS cooldown to 10sec? ...so yeah IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE, so dont qq

Quote Originally Posted by wiggins
    THIS IS GREAT NERF

Understand, blizz know that ret is really good, everybody knows that, while we cant be op it doesnt mean that we sometimes are, as we see, blizz is trying to decreas our dmg, it's good that they are trying to change it in a really polite way, 6% to 3% give me a break, does any one remember BC? and CS cooldown to 10sec? ...so yeah IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE, so dont qq
    lol what this post is telling me is that you probably dont play a paladin. as i've said before, they are only lowering sustained damage, crit will still be abnormally high. sometimes we will be hitting for around 400...other times we we will hit for 1400...they are pretty much making it a gamble. and this change isnt only effecting pvp, pve is taking a pretty big hit too. as it stands now, 2h weapon spec hardly seems to be worth 3 points
    Yeah, its a Hemmy.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggins
    THIS IS GREAT NERF

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

it free up some more point really I'll just get 3/3 crusade it's a 3-6% dmg boost for all attacks against the most common type of creature specially in northrend

live server:
    imp 2h -> 6%dmg
    crusade -> 3%dmg

beta server:
    imp 2h -> 3%dmg
    crusade -> 6%dmg

so, where is the nerf?
    blizz just twisted the talents

thats also a kind of proof, that blizz have no idea what they doing :

Quote Originally Posted by Proudfoot
    You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    Well, I kind of agree - atleast they are nerfing bits by bits so they can adjust things. Of course this one is pretty misfortunate.

yiptastic

Guys, please don't forget that CS is still missing a secondary effect. It can be anything.

I got a few in my mind that can be quite powerful and will probably balance out the nerfs

CS 2ndary effects:
    1) everytime you crit with CS, you will deal another 50% of the crit damage as holy damage in the next 3 second.

2) after scoring a crit effect with CS, you will gain an extra melee swing (store up to 4 charges)

3) after scoring a crit effect with CS, you will temporary cause a debuff on the target increasing attackers' dps by 3% for 6 seconds.

4) after socring a crit effect with CS, it will instantly judge your current seal to your target. Does not reset your judgement GCD.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deca
    live server:
    imp 2h -> 6%dmg
    crusade -> 3%dmg

beta server:
    imp 2h -> 3%dmg
    crusade -> 6%dmg
    Crusade on Beta is 3%, not 6%...

no its 6%
    3% overall dmg plus 3% versus all but beast = 6%

@yiptastic:
    when i read your post, all i see is crit, crit, crit
    pally should do more constant dps, not do something special with a crit

didnt you learn from the past?

We needed a damage boost at for level 80 raiding not a nerf. While the 2h is very disappointing, the 5% reduction in judgement crit will have a bigger effect .

Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Other CS ideas i had include a % chance on CS to proc a 100% chance to parry for the next Y second or X attacks. Also, the pre BC one could be employed, adding holy vulnerability (making up for JoCrusader) or maybe a chance to give you a short duration BoF type buff upon successful CS, just adding to the 'slow but unstoppable' class theme after the nerfs of PoJ (through other classes getting increased mvt, i.e. hunters rogues etc) and the extensive nerf of hand of freedom over the years. An interesting take on MS was that CS could put a debuff on a target whereby 25% of any heals granted to the target are redirected to the paladin.

On topic, maybe it was a deliberate effort to free up some points instead of using them in this talent.

It was a nerf. Plain and simple. They reduced paladin damage.

Question, how many "OMG Paladins are OP'd QQWTFBBQ" threads have you see on the forums lately?

I know I've seen a significant reduction in them.

A 3% weapon damage reduction, to help free up more talent points, to get the community to SHUT THE HELL UP?!

Worth it.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

before:
    6% weapon damage
    3% all atacks damage unless beasts

now
    3% weapon damage
    3% all damage
    3% all damage unless beasts

two handed weapon specialization 3% of all the damage you deal with a 2h weapon (not all the damage you deal)
    crusade, increase all the damage 3% and against all but beast, 3% more

we win a 3% damage in exorcism, consecration and holy wrath. in seals, and others atacks will be the same if the mobs are not beast

apologizes for my poor english

sorry there just working out there fine tuning where they keep every one at ..... meaning close to 1st in melee dps but still tied w/ druid and and shamans for last in dps race . one of the pros and cons of playing a hybred melee/tank/healer class

Quote Originally Posted by shunuro
    sorry there just working out there fine tuning where they keep every one at ..... meaning close to 1st in melee dps but still tied w/ druid and and shamans for last in dps race . one of the pros and cons of playing a hybred melee/tank/healer class
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya
    It was a nerf. Plain and simple. They reduced paladin damage.

Question, how many "OMG Paladins are OP'd QQWTFBBQ" threads have you see on the forums lately?

I know I've seen a significant reduction in them.

A 3% weapon damage reduction, to help free up more talent points, to get the community to SHUT THE HELL UP?!

Worth it.
    the reason u see less QQ threads is because all the QQ'ers got tire of crying like fgts becaues paladins did fair damage now, not extremely sub par.
    Angrychaír - 80 Ret Pally
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Angrycha%C3%ADr
    Retribution: working as intended.