Thread: Dispersion

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dispersion

Shadow:
    Dispersion doesn't increase your spell damage anymore if it runs its full duration without you taking damage.

/facepalm

Re: Dispersion

Yeah it`s pretty lame. It`s good for eating one shatter combo every 3 mins, thats it.

Yeah, what a tease...

Congratsulations Blizzard you just ruined dispersion once again! Now all u need to do is buff every class to hell just like you always do, and leave priests out in the cold!

This spell is pissing me off beyond belief.

I just wish they would give UP on it. Make something else. I don't understand the point in a spell, which doesn't make me immune, and unable to cast. All people will do is load you up with DOTS, status affects, use the time to heal themselves, or simply just keep hitting you. I would be happy if someone did it when I was fighting them. 6 seconds of them not able to do anything? Sounds nice to me!

I was watching one of my friends duel a Rogue, and all that Rogue would do is blind the priest when he used Dispersion. I thought the 25% damage boost was a nice counter to those who tried to avoid attacking the Priest.

Do

Evocation give extra damage?
    Life Tap give extra damage?

Not, but do they give 90% damage reduction as well?

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Flesseck
    I was watching one of my friends duel a Rogue, and all that Rogue would do is blind the priest when he used Dispersion. I thought the 25% damage boost was a nice counter to those who tried to avoid attacking the Priest.
    Why blind? The rogue just wasted a cooldown whilst the SP was incapacitated of his own volition....

At best, this spell is a 41 point spell next to where Vampritic Touch is, I don't think it should be "trainable" because it would give disc priests a bit to much stuff...

Yeah wtf why the hell did they remove the 25% bonus to spell power!!
    It was imba i got a 5k Mind blast crit on PTR.. and whitout i did a 4k... it really boost the Farming and Questing!!
    PLease give Dispersion the 25% spell power back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Do

Oh wait...
    Oh wait... thoes two are not talents... and surley not 51 pt talents...

Quote Originally Posted by marowen
    +1

Ummm....

/care ?

Both is lost dps, due to non-casting time.

and because we're priests our spell are not allowed to be better than spells of other classes?

/care ?

Both is lost dps, due to non-casting time.
    would like to see mages complain if Evocation would be 51 pt talent with lets say 50% mana returnded and psuhes everyone 4 yards back every 2 sec..

Tbh, having the spellpower buff on dispersion wasn't really fun. Dispersion shouldn't be a buff you cast yourself whenever the CD is up and you're not taking damage.

It originally appeared as a situational/reactive ability, and I guess it should remain that way.

I completely agree that as it is, silencing yourself for 6 seconds even with 90% damage reduction isn't going to help much in PvP. In terms of PvE, the damage reduction is not necessary. You shouldn't be getting damage in the first place, if you are, damage reduction is not the right fix for it. Silencing yourself for mana isn't an option. What with shadowfiend on a reduced cooldown, i'm not even sure that mana is a major concern of spriests.

I personally hope they add some kind of damage component or buff/synergy/something.

15+ Year Old Account

The mana regen is nice. The fact that it's a 51-point talent is retarded.

Gaiwyn aka Ilyaena of Proudmoore
    For the Alliance!

Do

Oh wait...
    I find it depressing that people with a thousand posts can say stuff like this. Dispersion is a 51 pt. talent, it should be much more powerful that baseline abilities, especially ones with no cooldown like Life Tap.

Do

Oh wait...
    Your so stupid they aint 51 point talents ither... Base skills