Thread: Dispersion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Dispersion

Agree, how you can compare some abilities with 51 talent? :

1 thing i am concerned is While in Dispersion we still can be cced?? like feared or sheeped?

I just think the talent over all is garbage now. You have 6 whole seconds of 90% reduced dmg to gain mana. It just doesn't mesh with itself. When it was mana and health, that made sense.. you took or are taking heavy damage, you pop it for a little more survivability. When it had the spell power increase, it wasn't some magic pump out a lot of extra damage, it was just at least made up for lost dps.

I may be biased, when I tried it on the first day the ptr went up it was broken for me and not returning any mana. Either way tho, the 6 seconds down for the mana gain seems hardly worth it when we can have shadowfiend on a 3 min cd, all of the changes to spirit tap, and over all mana regen. Spriests very well might some how still have some mana concerns in serious end game, but I just don't see it. It certainly needs something more, like the health regen, dmg bonus, threat dump, reflect the 90% dmg back (even if for less ie 30% of reduced dmg returned or directed at current target.) Current it just makes no sense with it being used for 2 very different things:
    1 I just took a lot of damage, i can take a 90% dmg reduction and gain mana to um.... cast more spells while i die.
    2 I'm low on mana, I need to regen a bunch of mana fast, yay i have 90% dmg reduction even tho I'm taking no damage.
    It either needs something to increase dps like the spell power boost, reflect dmg, or a threat dump. Or it needs to add survivability health regen, threat dump, even the dmg reflect would force others to stop attacking you in pvp.

I know there are a lot of other possibilities. I guess overall I'm still disappointed spriests never got dark mending, and the health regen dispersion gave spriests some kind of much needed self heal. Either way something needs to change, and I hope it still will, right now it is just not 51 point talent material at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Muhafalon
    I just think the talent over all is garbage now. You have 6 whole seconds of 90% reduced dmg to gain mana. It just doesn't mesh with itself. When it was mana and health, that made sense.. you took or are taking heavy damage, you pop it for a little more survivability. When it had the spell power increase, it wasn't some magic pump out a lot of extra damage, it was just at least made up for lost dps.

I may be biased, when I tried it on the first day the ptr went up it was broken for me and not returning any mana. Either way tho, the 6 seconds down for the mana gain seems hardly worth it when we can have shadowfiend on a 3 min cd, all of the changes to spirit tap, and over all mana regen. Spriests very well might some how still have some mana concerns in serious end game, but I just don't see it. It certainly needs something more, like the health regen, dmg bonus, threat dump, reflect the 90% dmg back (even if for less ie 30% of reduced dmg returned or directed at current target.) Current it just makes no sense with it being used for 2 very different things:
    1 I just took a lot of damage, i can take a 90% dmg reduction and gain mana to um.... cast more spells while i die.
    2 I'm low on mana, I need to regen a bunch of mana fast, yay i have 90% dmg reduction even tho I'm taking no damage.
    It either needs something to increase dps like the spell power boost, reflect dmg, or a threat dump. Or it needs to add survivability health regen, threat dump, even the dmg reflect would force others to stop attacking you in pvp.

I know there are a lot of other possibilities. I guess overall I'm still disappointed spriests never got dark mending, and the health regen dispersion gave spriests some kind of much needed self heal. Either way something needs to change, and I hope it still will, right now it is just not 51 point talent material at all.
    In PvP if you are taking burst, 90% reduction IS useful, whether that be to recieve heals or let your partner CC, or just to help you survive to the fear coming off cooldown.

The mana regen is pretty paltry from what I can see - and will have little to no effect in PvE with our regen from other things so that will mean it is of no use outside of *dead time* on scripted bosses or timed damage spikes (whilst najentus is bubbled for example of both). I suppose if you were to get aggro you would pop it... but meh.

Either way it seems like a weak ice block with a weak regen attached. Le sigh

I giggled when I saw this buff, thinking all the sp's that thought it would stay that way.

1 min 25% dmg buff, any idea how powerful that would be for PvE endgame in wotlk...
    Get real and don't cry over something so absurdly overpowered and be happy with all the love sp's been getting on the dmg front already.

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath
    I giggled when I saw this buff, thinking all the sp's that thought it would stay that way.

1 min 25% dmg buff, any idea how powerful that would be for PvE endgame in wotlk...
    Get real and don't cry over something so absurdly overpowered and be happy with all the love sp's been getting on the dmg front already.
    Sorry but you have no idea what your talking about, it wasn't overpowered, you get a 25% extra damage buff (Which was needed to make this talent have a use for pve, and good for burst in pvp) for 1 minute, where you have to not take any damage for 6 seconds to get the buff, and you can't cast. Pve wise quite alot of bosses have aoe so u have to time it right, and in pvp you've also gotta time it right. It was a great change, one that was needed. but now it will be skipped for pve again. And it's pretty Meh for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Sorry but you have no idea what your talking about, it wasn't overpowered, you get a 25% extra damage buff (Which was needed to make this talent have a use for pve, and good for burst in pvp) for 1 minute, where you have to not take any damage for 6 seconds to get the buff, and you can't cast. Pve wise quite alot of bosses have aoe so u have to time it right, and in pvp you've also gotta time it right. It was a great change, one that was needed. but now it will be skipped for pve again. And it's pretty Meh for pvp
    The fact that you doubt it's use in PvP alone is laughable what is your logic about basically setting up a 6sec cheat death when ever you see burst coming being "meh"? As for PvE the idea would be to use it before a boss fight start as the pull is being done to ensure the buff and possibly allow a 2nd or even 3rd use of it on the boss fight.... So think before you say i don't know what I'm talking about, a 25% dmg buff on end game gear in wotlk would blow most things out of the water as you know but try very hard to denie in your slim hope to have blizzard restore this overpower aspect of the talent.

Stop posting, you've never played a priest before

15+ Year Old Account

The first Dispersion is still the best version I've seen so far. For 6 seconds you take 90% less damage, while you gain 36% of your total health and mana every second. The only downside is that you cannot attack or cast spells.

And that's the one they should use for WotLK.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    In PvP if you are taking burst, 90% reduction IS useful, whether that be to recieve heals or let your partner CC, or just to help you survive to the fear coming off cooldown.

The mana regen is pretty paltry from what I can see - and will have little to no effect in PvE with our regen from other things so that will mean it is of no use outside of *dead time* on scripted bosses or timed damage spikes (whilst najentus is bubbled for example of both). I suppose if you were to get aggro you would pop it... but meh.

Either way it seems like a weak ice block with a weak regen attached. Le sigh

Yet it`s still is vunerable to cc and doesn`t clear debuffs. Duration is so short that Pain supression > dispersion in pvp any day.

dispersion is fine for pve, think of it as free mana every time you have to move/reposistion, its not like you can cast mf while moving anyway, and it is only mf your gonna be losing out on if you time it right.

Idd. I got new idea for mage arcane tree 51 pointer. They should remove arcane barrage from game and make evocation 51 point talent in arcane tree.

As for PvE the idea would be to use it before a boss fight start as the pull is being done to ensure the buff and possibly allow a 2nd or even 3rd use of it on the boss fight....
    Yes... because starting a fight for one of the higher threat generating classes with a 25% damage boost is ideally what you want to be doing. Lets see you get a full 6 second dispersion for the 25% buff on... lets say, Naj'entus.

dispersion is fine for pve, think of it as free mana every time you have to move/reposistion, its not like you can cast mf while moving anyway, and it is only mf your gonna be losing out on if you time it right.
    So... losing out on 2 mind flays is ok. 6-12,000 damage missed is ok for a 51 point talent. You'd also have to be very tedious on how/when you could use it so your Blast/Death are on 6+ second cooldowns (5.5 second talent blast, lol) and your Touch/Plague/Pain have over 9 seconds duration. You'd be lucky to get a dispersion off with only losing out on 2 mind flays...

Too many people are missing the big picture... this is a 51 point talent. You shouldn't have to trade off upto 12,000 damage for a 36% mana gain. That potential 12,000 damage is also 4000 health healed from VE. Don't try and use Evocate (Mana Gems lol, 60% Regen when casting)... oh, yeah... TRAINABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Stop posting, you've never played a priest before
    Is that your comeback to defend the justification you so hard try to present for this aspect of the talent?
    If so I will stop posting as that proves my point in tenfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yes... because starting a fight for one of the higher threat generating classes with a 25% damage boost is ideally what you want to be doing. Lets see you get a full 6 second dispersion for the 25% buff on... lets say, Naj'entus.
    Well I don't know your raid setup but as least for me a pull normally consist of 2-3 MD's on the MT which should mean unless your MT is "undergeared" or "underskilled" you should not be able to pull from the start so why you're trying to point the starting of a boss fight to be a bad call for the dispersion buff to start of with I'm a bit puzzled on.

As for Naj'entus, no you can't get dispersion of but then again it shouldn't last longer then 3 min which is the cd on the skill so assuming you use it at the start you wouldn't have had a chance to use a 2nd one regardless so a pretty poor example.

It saddens the Warcraft gods to see priests bickering amongst themselves :<

Do what priests do, show faith... in Blizzard.

Hah!

EDIT: I actually edited the post cos I thought it was... Insignificant. But then again - I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    Yup, definantly worth being a 51 talent point skill... I think of conjured food as free mana and health in between pulls too.

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath

yeah i mean that is OP, Look at metamorphosis.
    Demo locks only get 600% armor
    40% increased damage
    reduced chance of being crit
    reduced length of stuns and snares
    2 Demon abbilities
    for 45 seconds.........

Yeah.....

Warlocks also still get the use of their other abilities while in demon form, yes?

Well I don't know your raid setup but as least for me a pull normally consist of 2-3 MD's on the MT which should mean unless your MT is "undergeared" or "underskilled" you should not be able to pull from the start so why you're trying to point the starting of a boss fight to be a bad call for the dispersion buff to start of with I'm a bit puzzled on.
    I do not think we are going to see hunter stacking in WoTLK... which Dispersion is designed for. Our raid usually ran with one hunter... althou, we quit short on killing Illidari Council because alot of people quit the game and WoTLK news was dampering people wanting to raid.

As for Naj'entus, no you can't get dispersion of but then again it shouldn't last longer then 3 min which is the cd on the skill so assuming you use it at the start you wouldn't have had a chance to use a 2nd one regardless so a pretty poor example.
    Well yes it is a poor example if we were truely talking about the fight and not using it as an example of alot of raid damage that would hinder the old dispersion damage buff useless. I was more so trying to point out an encounter with unpredictable raid damage, which I am sure WoTLK is going to have. Besides... why should I waste my 36% mana regen before a pull when my talent spec will be based around me having that mana regen during fights?