Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Engineers rise up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails

Since I do not have a miner, I will be hoping to make as many of these to sell in order to 'skill up' for free (assuming that is possible ofc) and if not I'll do it to make the minies back from levelling engi.

Nope -- Requires engineering 450 so you won't get any level ups until we get the xpac after WotLK. It takes exalted with the Warsong Offensive to get the pattern, so hopefully the work for both of those will convince those who would do this for just tips to do otherwise and charge a decent amount for their work.

People who will sell these things without crafting fees are retarded tbh. I can understand you craft things for free or even pay people to let you craft stuff to level up if it's something almost no one wants, but these bikes will be in high demand, might as well make some money from it.

Where did you get the info for it being required with warsong offensive? Not saying it isnt im just wanting to confirm.

Deleted

Engineers only or i want 10kg fee for each i make except for my guild mates and friend which is free then ;D

Hey guys I’m sorry to say, but this Bike is too much. It doesn’t make any difference to me if it can be crafted by Engineers or bought by Reputation at an amount of cash.

For me Blizz are steeping over the line. You start at the ages of riding a Dragon and then going to another extreme of riding a Bike or a Helicopter or Rocket it just doesn’t fit...

Having mythical creatures that are capable to fly is ok, but having a mechanism that is still used by this aria just messes the history up. If we contue with this pace we will soon end up like Starcraft.

PS: I myself am an Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaeka

Nope -- Requires engineering 450 so you won't get any level ups until we get the xpac after WotLK. It takes exalted with the Warsong Offensive to get the pattern, so hopefully the work for both of those will convince those who would do this for just tips to do otherwise and charge a decent amount for their work.
    Bah @ reputation. I am also unsure if I'll ever hit 450 engi, hell, I still need to hit 375 ^_^

But either way, I'll be selling crafts for a ton of gold as and when I can. Gotta make more gold, I hate it when the amount I have goes down :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Shandra
    The motorbike should be en exclusivity for an engineer for the same reason the magic carpet is for Tailoring.
    Wait, so you guys can have an exclusive flying mount, but we can't?

Now I'm just confused.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem
    Where did you get the info for it being required with warsong offensive? Not saying it isnt im just wanting to confirm.
    i'd like to know that, too. and also the alliance version of that fraction, figuring that it's horde (i'm not in beta fyi)

15+ Year Old Account

Every cool kid on the block is going to have these motorbike mounts. Dalaran will be some motorcycle racing track or something....

This is ridiculous, I don't know why Blizzard is even considering it.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

What's so bad about making a mount that's that popular?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I'm going to sign on and agree, that this bad ass bike should only be available to people who are engineering.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Wait, so you guys can have an exclusive flying mount, but we can't?
    That is supposed to be all engineers line...

Magic carpet is an exclusif mount for high lvl tailors since there is a skill requirement of 450 in tailoring....

/signed

with the supposed new mechanics of this i've heard about, how it acts more as a vehicle than a mount, it only makes sense to me that this should be engineer-required, especially considering how we can take a passenger anyway(right? this didnt get removed yet did it?).

I agree with Rilgon, there's gonna be only one <Made by Dekere> on Aegwynn.
    Dekere - Troll Hunter of Aegwynn(US)

I'm too in-different about something so trivial to actually care if it's BoP or not.

I agree.

Hogger for engineers only!

response to:

1. People who say motorcycles don't belong in WoW:
    my answer, is play warcraft 2, 3 and frozen throne. if you actually DID you'd see all sorts of mechanical wonders like zeppelins and seige tanks, forsaken meatwagons i can go on. why SHOULDNT there be motorcycles, the combustion engine exists in the lore, i mean, just take a short trip to gnomeregon, i dont hear anyone whining that they need to remove gnomes from the lore entirely.

2. People who think engineering is the same as other professions:
    All through vanilla wow, i thought "hey, i'll be an engineer cuz it seems cool" and i did it, i even got force reactive disk, which at the time was the only craftable shield (and i think still is to this day) in burning crusade, engineering saw major benefits, but only in self make/use items. then in a random patch came the mote extractor! hooray! we can finally profit a little from it. the gas nodes that we have to harvest spawn once per day (give or take) and literally 50% of them are still bugged to this day. on top of that, we dont harvest anything unique to our profession, any idiot can farm motes off elementals. along comes the gyrocopter and turbo-version. this was a happy day, but really we saw no real gain, just a style boost which i for one appreciate the hell out of. now in wrath, we want an exclusive mount, and maybe the same things we had, like an extractor and a few toys to play with, as reward for the (im predicting) 3000 gold i'll be spending to level it without a miner.

3. Engineers who will make and sell these as they wish:
    Go ahead, i mean it would be cool as hell to turn your guild into a bike gang and cruise around org/dalaran and stir up shenannigans. i hope they come out with helmets, leather and chains lol.
    But just remember where you come from, we engineers secret our little toys to ourselves and dont let the general populace benefit. we line our pockets with explosives rather than money, and ride in style and comfort rather than practicality. engineers pre-bc especially, remember the desert we crawled through to get here ;D

It's finally something we can make to actually SELL and make crazy profit from, and people complain, pfff.

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Proofx
    Hey guys I’m sorry to say, but this Bike is too much. It doesn’t make any difference to me if it can be crafted by Engineers or bought by Reputation at an amount of cash.

For me Blizz are steeping over the line. You start at the ages of riding a Dragon and then going to another extreme of riding a Bike or a Helicopter or Rocket it just doesn’t fit...

Having mythical creatures that are capable to fly is ok, but having a mechanism that is still used by this aria just messes the history up. If we contue with this pace we will soon end up like Starcraft.
    This is World of Warcraft, not medieval times on planet Earth. Nor is it a swords-and-sorcery realm in which no "tech" ever existed. We have dwarves driving battle tanks. An entire tech-based (albeit ruined) city built by gnomes underground. Are you asking Blizzard to remove the goblin and gnomish lore from their game world?

Technology in World of Warcraft is not an anachronism. You're the one thinking outside of the game lore, not Blizzard's designers with their motorbike.

also, we cant use 90% of our good stuff in an arena, last i checked you could use skillherald, ring enchants, frozen shadowweave set, and now theres even gonna be arena healing potions, though i have no idea how they are gonna work.

seriously....