Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Engineers rise up!

Ffs who is gonne repair the bog when it breaks down! Engineers only, tbh! And otherwise just charge a lot! Leveling engineering is very cost intensive and a pain in the ***. So it seems we finally get our money maker.

Make the Leatheroworking Enchants and drums usable by everyone, make the Ring enchants usable by everyone, make the Blacksmithing items usable by everyone and well.. you get the idea.

Engineers get nothing in WOTLK that is unique while everyone gets something good, we get a mount from TBC, and thats it, we do not get fancy kcikass enchants better than everyone elses.. hell we don't even get a BoP epic, why can't it be that we get to stick to this mount being our unique thing in WOTLK? We won't get anything else bar the goggles, that are sub par and the ones in WOTLK don't look to be needing Engineering.

Bloody hell all those who want it BoE roll Engineering if you want the mount so badly.. but you won't get to use your skillherald or your ring enchants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Telant
    What a daft reply to a point about professions...
    You are saying that enchanters have a single benefit for levelling their profession but engineers didnt?

So i take it they didnt have some of the best helms in the game all for themselves?

Engineering costs a lot to level.. at least this way there is some way to make some of that hard earned cash back.

Plus i agree that although it looks unique.. it just doesnt fit with the rest of the game
    A lot of raiders leveled Enchanting solely for Ring Enchantments.

Its going to be expensive to make. the mats that arent the cobalt bolts (40 cobalt bars there) the arctic fur(2 rare skinning drops,also used in the bop fur linings) AND the 12 titansteel bars (12 days of cooldowns) the Vendor bought items total at over 3200g

Heres a Thought for the engineers. Make it so they can Super-charge their hog...makeing it 10-20% faster.With a skin change,give it bigger pipes,a Fresh red paintjob...because we all know Red ones go faster!

Maybe flaming wheels,even if it were a cosmetic change.....having it show that this was the guy that made them would be good.

whiney sobs.

Engineers get the head items, the fun trinkets and toys and a nice way to make money thru the zapper.
    You get the epic bop flyer, put up repair bots on practice nights and the aknowledgement off being that idiot with the useless profession

Now, stop QQ and build those bikes and charga a arm and a leg for the mats (only engineers can supply them) and then charge the other arm, leg and the rest of their body for the crafting fee.

Laugh your way to the bank for all those ppl that want a vanity mount, use it for about 2 months and then bank it.

ow, and i got 3 engineer chars, 4th on the way..
    I know how " hard" it is to lvl enginering.

I'm with Rilgon:

There is NO profit to be made from the bikes. I'm charging 50g for them? Some other eng will charge 40g. Then 30g, then 25g, then 20g, then 10g, then the "I'm bored bring me mats and I'll do it" fee. Eng is EXPENSIVE as hell to level. You say it's not, you can farm that mats? How much would those mats have sold for? Price isn't just how much gold you dump on the AH, it's the value of every item that goes into the leveling of the profession. And enchanters get tips, and have ring enchants. Alchemists have awesome trinkets that are usable in Arena/BG, which is more than I can say about the engi items. Jewelcrafters make tons of money through prospecting and cutting green/blue quality gems (epics not so much, as SSO rep eliminates so many of the BoE patterns that are so expensive for rares).

Should it be BoP? I would like it to be. It's going to be over-popular, and my Engineer will STILL have nothing to show for her profession.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    I'm with Rilgon:

There is NO profit to be made from the bikes. I'm charging 50g for them? Some other eng will charge 40g. Then 30g, then 25g, then 20g, then 10g, then the "I'm bored bring me mats and I'll do it" fee. Eng is EXPENSIVE as hell to level. You say it's not, you can farm that mats? How much would those mats have sold for? Price isn't just how much gold you dump on the AH, it's the value of every item that goes into the leveling of the profession. And enchanters get tips, and have ring enchants. Alchemists have awesome trinkets that are usable in Arena/BG, which is more than I can say about the engi items. Jewelcrafters make tons of money through prospecting and cutting green/blue quality gems (epics not so much, as SSO rep eliminates so many of the BoE patterns that are so expensive for rares).

Should it be BoP? I would like it to be. It's going to be over-popular, and my Engineer will STILL have nothing to show for her profession.
    THE GOGGLES, THEY DO...something. Also, if you're so worried about not turning a profit due to undercutting, you might wanna look at the AH. It happens all the time, and curiously enough, people are still profiting.

It's worth adding, not everything needs to be associated with combat. I don't see anything wrong with making a profession that's mostly just fun stuff. Sure, hardcore raiders/PvPers might not take it (until it becomes apparent that the goggles are good enough) but who the fuck cares? There are plenty of options which give dps, healing, and mitigation boosts in professions. I don't see anyone complaining about the rings and shit that Haris Pilton and Griftah sells (and they don't even do anything special) because they are just for shits and giggles. Many engineering items are the same way. If people have the money to burn, and don't need the profession slot for something else on that toon, they will take it. If it's enjoyable, it's fine.

You know something comes to mind when I think of motorcycles.

Petrol (or "Gas" for the Americans in here). Motorcycles (or nearly every vehicle for that matter) require petrol in order to operate.

Petrol is made from oil. Oil was a farmable resource in Warcraft 2.

If the mounts are going to be BoE then maybe engineers should be able to make and sell petrol for them. If Blizzard implement oil nodes that engineers can farm and a fuel system for the mounts then it would provide a steady source of revenue for the engineers complaining that they'll make no money from this mount.
    Hell we could even make accessories for the bikes. Personally I'd love to be able to build & attach some rocket launchers to my hog.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrant
    You know something comes to mind when I think of motorcycles.

Petrol (or "Gas" for the Americans in here). Motorcycles (or nearly every vehicle for that matter) require petrol in order to operate.

Petrol is made from oil. Oil was a farmable resource in Warcraft 2.

If the mounts are going to be BoE then maybe engineers should be able to make and sell petrol for them. If Blizzard implement oil nodes that engineers can farm and a fuel system for the mounts then it would provide a steady source of revenue for the engineers complaining that they'll make no money from this mount.
    Hell we could even make accessories for the bikes. Personally I'd love to be able to build & attach some rocket launchers to my hog.
    Except the bikes have a oxygen to gas converter built into them. I blame gnome ingenuity.

Any word on if the fun Engineering “enchants” will stack with useful enchants?

I’m wanting to drop Enchanting for it, but if I’ll have to give up raid beneficial enchants, or have a second set of gear just to be able to use them, then I most likely wont get it.

Having to swap out gear, or settle for lesser stats in order to have fun with something seems a little lame to me.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

HA -

Born to be wild, get your motor running or take a magic carpet ride.
    Gnome Mage - 390 Engineering/375 Talior

goggles.. GOGGLES?! > tailers for an example, they get spellfire/shadowweave/primal mooncloth WITCH IS BETTER THAN T5! atleast the healing set for priests, engineers gets what goggles?! 1headpiece vs 3 items in a set?! thats is just way to silly... engineers in tbc got the chopper, repair bots yes but only the purpose to give it to others (more or less) potion injectors, the mats is more expensive than buying them and the recipe for it cost around.. 400g on my servers, great! then engineers gets ONE thing to gain gold with and that is the mote extractor or w/e its spelled, and the two trinkets (one from either side theyre good but rly bad and get outdated, cant even be used in arena). and then all those stupid cooldowns, no. well maybe enchanting sucks too, make ring enchants better and give em neck enchants im cool with that, but just dont say engineering is great as it is now, enchanting is bad too yes i can agree with that. but compared to LW/BS/tail then those are much better... :

Quote Originally Posted by Omnomnomz
    Any word on if the fun Engineering “enchants” will stack with useful enchants?

I’m wanting to drop Enchanting for it, but if I’ll have to give up raid beneficial enchants, or have a second set of gear just to be able to use them, then I most likely wont get it.

Having to swap out gear, or settle for lesser stats in order to have fun with something seems a little lame to me.
    I doubt it. You can only still have one enchant on an item. So you'll have to choose which is more beneficial: the engineering only enchant or a regular enchant.

On another note, the hogger should have an engineering requirement like the chopper. Meaning that if you switch professions, you can no longer use the hogger. It'll still be in your spellbook but unusable. The roflcopter has the engineering requirement.

Nitro Boosts boot enchantment for engineers now increases run speed for 5 seconds. (Down from 8 seconds)

Thats one enchant i won't be taking, well it was useless before anyway.
    No enchant will be used for pvp or pve, all useless

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    No enchant will be used for pvp or pve, all useless
    The +Haste one on Gloves MIGHT be used. MAYBE.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I read this "Eng is EXPENSIVE as hell to level. You say it's not, you can farm that mats? How much would those mats have sold for? Price isn't just how much gold you dump on the AH, it's the value of every item that goes into the leveling of the profession. And enchanters get tips, and have ring enchants. Alchemists have awesome trinkets that are usable in Arena/BG, which is more than I can say about the engi items. Jewelcrafters make tons of money through prospecting and cutting green/blue quality gems (epics not so much, as SSO rep eliminates so many of the BoE patterns that are so expensive for rares)."

all I have to say to each and every engineer, Try Blacksmithing!!! We dont have the ever so handy primal machine (mote extractor) you guys get and we rarely are able to sell diddly so, shut up, grow up and play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbunny
    all I have to say to each and every engineer, Try Blacksmithing!!!
    That's exactly what I'll be going to if I drop Engineering. 4 extra gem sockets? Yes plz

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    That's exactly what I'll be going to if I drop Engineering. 4 extra gem sockets? Yes plz
    Get out of my head, you scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    Get out of my head, you scare me.
    am in ur head, bein a bluebery

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    am in ur head, bein a bluebery
    OH NOES NOT TEH BLUBERRIZ