3.0 Ornamented Set??

Just wondering will it change to both spell damage and healing in patch 3.0? or will it stay healing any one have pics confirming it or something? And if so What are the changes to the Lamellar Set?

Re: 3.0 Ornamented Set??

My question is why did the Vindication set get rid of Int in enchange for more STR?

Ret Paladins don't use Int as much anymore because of JotW, it should be converted.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

Wow, awesome. The Shockadin set that no one ever got is going to have more spell power, more stamina, and more crit than the Healadin set.

lol?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Wow, awesome. The Shockadin set that no one ever got is going to have more spell power, more stamina, and more crit than the Healadin set.
    Shockadin
    more spell power, more stamina, more crit
    Again...SHOCKADIN!

Quote Originally Posted by ionpath
    ShockadinAgain...SHOCKADIN!
    You evidently don't get the point.

The point being, that right now if a paladin is wearing Shockadin gear, they'd be giving up healing power in favor of spell damage. That means that they rightly need more resilience, more stamina, more crit and more damage than Ornamented to make up for their lack of ability to heal themselves as well as a paladin wearing healing gear.

With 3.0 and spell damage and healing becoming one overall stat, it makes no sense for the Shockadin set to have better stats - more stam, more resil, more crit, more spell power - than the healing set. Shockadin have no trade-off anymore, and will have more powerful heals, better chance to crit, more health and more resil then a Healadin wearing Ornamented.

I'll grant you that the amount of difference is relatively miniscule, but so far if you compare spell damage against healing enchants in 3.0, the healing enchants grant a lot more spell power than the spell damage enchants. The Primal Mooncloth set will have more spell damage than either of the three TBC spell damage tailoring sets.

So why is it that the Shockadin set is getting better stats than Ornamented?
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

The Shockadin as viable spec in pvp will surely need more stats as you said. The gear difference is very low actually I'm surprised they don't merge those two sets into one with their stats settled somewhere in between.
    Besides keep in mind that the healing coefficient is increased so healing classes won't see any difference in total healing.
    Though there isn't even the slighted substantial difference both as a healing or shockadin spec.
    Surely the cloth gear difference between healing and sp will be balanced aswell, thought I hardly see the point since that gear will become/is quite obsolete.
    As for the reason the Shockadin set is getting better stats than Ornamented? For the same reason s1/s2 Vindicator gear didn't have resilience for some months...

As a holydin, lamellar is tempting.